3Peat for Four Winds?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 3Peat for Four Winds?

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:09 pm

St John's is going to have to rely on the bench, but they only go about 6 deep in the roster, but I don't see that happening. Like I stated before, only 4 guys scored in their last game, where as, FW had about 8 scoring. I see FW spreading the floor and running the ball on these guys! They would be dumb not to! I see a blow out happening! :twisted:
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby B_Baller » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:39 pm

FW- 51
SJ-35

FW had more hustle then SJ the whole game and shot the ball pretty dang good I would say. Not what I predicted but turned out better. Good luck at State Boys!!!

Does anyone know stats for Ollie and Zack

:? Yeah also one thing.......I thought somone said that FW rebuilding team wouldn't make it :? ......Never doubt Indians you will be amazed :twisted: ......The way they played tonight they didn't seem like a team rebuilding form last year they seemed like a team that has played with eachother for years
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:29 am

St. John shot a whopping 12-49 from the field tonight. Pretty much impossible to win when you shoot the lights out like that.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:01 am

3Peat baby! Couldn't be prouder of our boys! 2 minutes away from elimination againt langdon on monday to region champs on thursday! We aren't known for our defense, but the "D" is why we're goin back to state. Now we will be the underdog to Lamoure but I gaurentee they haven't seen anything like us and they better be ready! Also, Carlson getting COY for region 4 was a joke! OK, he's retiring blah, blah , blah! Smith deserves it and everyone knows it!!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Iron Scope » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:08 am

nativegolfer wrote:3Peat baby! Couldn't be prouder of our boys! 2 minutes away from elimination againt langdon on monday to region champs on thursday! We aren't known for our defense, but the "D" is why we're goin back to state. Now we will be the underdog to Lamoure but I gaurentee they haven't seen anything like us and they better be ready! Also, Carlson getting COY for region 4 was a joke! OK, he's retiring blah, blah , blah! Smith deserves it and everyone knows it!!

I have a feeling this is going to be one of the best if not the best matchup at state. Four Winds is young, but has state experience, LaMoure is senior dominated with no state experience. Four Winds won't get any cheap buckets off their press i guarantee that. LaMoure won't get their steals either though. And yes LaMoure can play Four Winds' run-n-gun ball, that is why i think this will be the best game at state. However i believe LaMoure has a significant height advantage with Shockman.
Iron Scope

Postby Iron Scope » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:11 am

Btw congrats to Four Winds on making it back to state after losing seniors...again. A lot of that credit goes to Coach Smith as well.
Iron Scope

Postby all_around » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:35 am

I thought people were saying FW wouldnt make it outta districts!?!?!?! What happened there? Who was saying that, ummmm Project pat?? haha now its going to be alot harder for FW.. Still have my support 100% GO INDIANS!!!!
all_around

Postby IDK_JST_A_FAN » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:57 am

FW played a smart game.

SJ has come a long way this year but just couldn't make the baskets drop last night. SJ has some very hard working players, they were the underdogs and made it to the championship game. They also have very good sportsmanship. I would have liked to see them in state, I don't think SJ ever made it to state?

But since they didn't make it---GO INDIANS---
IDK_JST_A_FAN

Postby all_around » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:12 am

Yeah they are a very hard working team and they did deserve just as much as FW to make it to the big tourny, lastnight a few of FW fans were very unsporting, especially when Ron Carlson (Congrats btw) got the region COY award. The booing was uncalled for and the way one lady kept saying we're number one!!!!
all_around

Postby luckyinlife » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:21 am

I agree that the FW - LaMoure matchup could be the most exciting game of the tournament to watch. Both teams like the up tempo game. Good ol' Class B basketball at its best. DON'T MISS THIS ONE!
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby B_Baller » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:39 pm

This game is going to be another good game....seems like every game FW plays is a good game.
ummm....I think the height advantage LaMoure has over FW really won't make a difference.. Alberts and Lovejoy play smart defensuve when they're guarding taller post........FW is ready for state
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:42 pm

It's time for new blood to come out of that region. three straight regional titles is too much. maybe they should be move d up to "A"... :lol: :lol:
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby all_around » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:02 pm

Yeah too bad the school isnt big enough, I wounder if FW would beable to be competitive in class A, they usually play a few class A teams each year, maybe they should, but i bet if that happend they would come back and dominate..
all_around

Postby luciloo07 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:11 pm

NATURAL TALENT wrote:I wouldnt say its being bigheaded. MS wasnt even rated in the last poll, getting votes yes, but so was NRS. They just didnt play 4 quarters of basketball. They were in the game against FW, got a big lead and gave it away and never regained the momentum. Thats not being bigheaded. LM didnt play well against Warwick, for 3 quarters it was a good game, then they came out and shot terrible the 4th quarter, some games just go that way.

Bigheaded is the wrong term, you're right. Coach Wirth was telling his boys to take it one game at a time. They were good...they deserved a state appearance...but I know they had alot of fun playing even for 3rd place. Sure it wasn't state, but warm-ups were a completely dunk show...and they loved it. They had a great, UN-bigheaded season and I'm proud of them. Good luck Four Winds. Let's show them how Region 4 plays.
luciloo07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Stromer » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:26 pm

luciloo07 wrote:Bigheaded is the wrong term, you're right. Coach Wirth was telling his boys to take it one game at a time. They were good...they deserved a state appearance...but I know they had alot of fun playing even for 3rd place. Sure it wasn't state, but warm-ups were a completely dunk show...and they loved it. They had a great, UN-bigheaded season and I'm proud of them. Good luck Four Winds. Let's show them how Region 4 plays.

I wish I could have seen it. How many T's did they end up with? I thought I heard 3 before half. Great stuff.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:35 pm

LaMoure has 6'3, 6'3, and 6'6 in thier starting lineup. With 6'6 Caleb Shockman being the leading scorer on the team at about 20 a game, he aslo had a season high of 43 points. With that said FW really has to run the floor the entire game to makeup for their height disadvantage. I don't think their halfcourt offense is going to cut it like it has in the past couple of games.
Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:37 pm

INDIAN POWER!!!

I love FW fans, they are rowdy, they came out of the wood work again this year, and they know how to celebrate. I don't agree with booing, but you know what why does Ron Carlson get the node for COY? Coach Smith took a "rebuilding" team and put them back in state! Carlson is a good coach, don't get me wrong, but Coach Smith was more deserving!

INDIAN POWER!!!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby toughregion2 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:43 pm

They will be in the sunshine bracket again this year just like last year

That region was down this year any one of the teams could of went.
toughregion2

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:45 pm

Sunshine? We had DT right off the bat again last year!
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:49 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:INDIAN POWER!!!

I love FW fans, they are rowdy, they came out of the wood work again this year, and they know how to celebrate. I don't agree with booing, but you know what why does Ron Carlson get the node for COY? Coach Smith took a "rebuilding" team and put them back in state! Carlson is a good coach, don't get me wrong, but Coach Smith was more deserving!

INDIAN POWER!!!

Again, the COY is voted on BEFORE the regional is decided. The coaches who voted had NO IDEA that Smith would lead the team back to state. Many coaches were deserving going into the regionals---Hirst, Wirth, Carlson, and Smith. Smith is a great coach. Very deserving. Just as Carlson is.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby toughregion2 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:26 pm

toughregion2 wrote:They will be in the sunshine bracket again this year just like last year

and what happened in the second round ????
toughregion2

Postby toddjames » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:44 pm

toughregion2 wrote:They will be in the sunshine bracket again this year just like last year

That's a bunch of nonsense right there, to say a Region is down and they anyone of the teams could have of went shows you know very little, to nothing about that Region or basketball in general... when have four of five teams capable of getting to the state tournament, it means the Region is TOUGH, not that it's down... Anyone of the teams had a shot because they were all good... If you are going to say anything, say that Region 4 was one of the toughest to get out of...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:33 pm

Region 4 being down? Try NR-S totally romping region 2 runner-up Park River by a score of 76-49. New Rockford didn't even make it out of the first round of the region 4 tourney. I think region 4 is by far more balanced than region 2.
Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby blue steel » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:11 pm

Who was the region player of the year?
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby WildWarrior » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:16 pm

blue steel wrote:Who was the region player of the year?

Reid Haagenson L-M
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Boys