3Peat for Four Winds?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 3Peat for Four Winds?

Postby PA42 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:10 pm

IMO going into regionals I believe Carlson deserved the award and that is when it is vote for I believe. From what I know he is a class act and a mayville state grad.
PA42

Postby parkerAKAthefuture » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:46 pm

toughregion2 wrote:They will be in the sunshine bracket again this year just like last year

That region was down this year any one of the teams could of went.

Obviously TR2 has had enough VENTING on the bad officiating in his/her region, he/she has to try and bring down our AWESOME Region. Don't matter...WIN or lose...GREAT JOB Coach Smith, Asst. Coaches and Players.....GOOD LUCK at STATE!!!! We couldn't be PROUDER!!

CONGRATS FOUR WINDS INDIANS on making it a 3Peat!!!! WooHoo :mrgreen: LUV IT!!

GO INDIANS!!
parkerAKAthefuture
NDPreps Starter

Postby luciloo07 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:29 pm

Stromer wrote:
luciloo07 wrote:Bigheaded is the wrong term, you're right. Coach Wirth was telling his boys to take it one game at a time. They were good...they deserved a state appearance...but I know they had alot of fun playing even for 3rd place. Sure it wasn't state, but warm-ups were a completely dunk show...and they loved it. They had a great, UN-bigheaded season and I'm proud of them. Good luck Four Winds. Let's show them how Region 4 plays.

I wish I could have seen it. How many T's did they end up with? I thought I heard 3 before half. Great stuff.

3 was correct. There were two in warm-up's for duning and snapping rim. The audience gave applause and a standing ovation. The third came in the first quarter by Riley Beck. He went up for the block, missed, grabbed onto the rim, lifted himself up...and got t'd. It was awesome to watch.
luciloo07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:14 pm

I would like to put into perspective how unique of an accomplishment this was by FW. Last year we lost 6 out of our top seven players and still made it back to state. This year we lost 4 of our top 6 from last season, including a 1st team all stater, Mr. Basketball candidate and still made it back for a 3 peat. I can't recall a team doing that since I have been following class B ball. And to top it all off, next year looks better than the last 3!!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:19 pm

Many teams have made 3 straight trips to state in the last 15 or so years. Do you mean a team losing 4-5 top players and still making it back? Still, many teams have done that, too. I mean look at Trinity....7 trips to state in a row, obviously they didn't do it with the same 7-8 players. I'm not trying to take anything away from FW accomplishments, just keeping it in perspective. Don't go calling them a dynasty until they make it 4-5 times in a row with at least 1 championship mixed in there.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:38 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Many teams have made 3 straight trips to state in the last 15 or so years. Do you mean a team losing 4-5 top players and still making it back? Still, many teams have done that, too. I mean look at Trinity....7 trips to state in a row, obviously they didn't do it with the same 7-8 players. I'm not trying to take anything away from FW accomplishments, just keeping it in perspective. Don't go calling them a dynasty until they make it 4-5 times in a row with at least 1 championship mixed in there.

Does the word dynasty come up anywhere in my post?
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:45 pm

luciloo07 wrote:
Stromer wrote:
luciloo07 wrote:Bigheaded is the wrong term, you're right. Coach Wirth was telling his boys to take it one game at a time. They were good...they deserved a state appearance...but I know they had alot of fun playing even for 3rd place. Sure it wasn't state, but warm-ups were a completely dunk show...and they loved it. They had a great, UN-bigheaded season and I'm proud of them. Good luck Four Winds. Let's show them how Region 4 plays.

I wish I could have seen it. How many T's did they end up with? I thought I heard 3 before half. Great stuff.

3 was correct. There were two in warm-up's for duning and snapping rim. The audience gave applause and a standing ovation. The third came in the first quarter by Riley Beck. He went up for the block, missed, grabbed onto the rim, lifted himself up...and got t'd. It was awesome to watch.

were they having fun during the 3rd place game or were they doing that stuff because it was only the 3rd place game and didnt matter so they figured they would just mess around??
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:57 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Many teams have made 3 straight trips to state in the last 15 or so years. Do you mean a team losing 4-5 top players and still making it back? Still, many teams have done that, too. I mean look at Trinity....7 trips to state in a row, obviously they didn't do it with the same 7-8 players. I'm not trying to take anything away from FW accomplishments, just keeping it in perspective. Don't go calling them a dynasty until they make it 4-5 times in a row with at least 1 championship mixed in there.

Does the word dynasty come up anywhere in my post?

Never said it did. It's just that in another topic a FW fan was bragging that they were the first team to go to state 3 consecutive years since Kenmare back in the 60's, which is way off. Just keeping everything in perspective...
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys