Your pick for Cinderella

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Your pick for Cinderella

Postby luckyinlife » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:46 am

With only two teams left in the sweet sixteen that went to state last year, we are going to be treated to some new faces at state this year. Who is your pick for Cinderella this year?

My pick has to be St. John. I had completely written them off toward the end of the season, but here they are playing FW in the championship.
Last edited by luckyinlife on Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Re: Your pick for Cinderella

Postby ClassBEast » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:50 am

Central Cass! Nobody has been giving us any love this year and we are in the region championships! Go Squirrels! :D
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:50 am

Divide County
PA42

Postby greatest » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:26 am

horne98 wrote:Divide County

not a chance - no way they beat watford
The One and The Only, Quite Simply The GREATEST.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby COACHWEST » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:33 am

Greatest--

Just curious....have you been at the games? Watford just seems to be in a funk right now, and Divide has been playing/shooting really well. I think there is a chance. Anything can happen at this point of the season.
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbfan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:42 am

COACHWEST wrote:Greatest--

Just curious....have you been at the games? Watford just seems to be in a funk right now, and Divide has been playing/shooting really well. I think there is a chance. Anything can happen at this point of the season.

I'm gonna agree with Greatest and go with Watford on this one.
ndbfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby future star » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:32 pm

Dunseith i think nobody is giving them a chance to beat the big bad Bishop Ryan Lions and they did it before why not do it again. 8)
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby johndeere » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:53 pm

if watford plays like they did against trinity christian divide county will win for sure especially they way they are playing now.
johndeere

Postby #28 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:13 pm

ryan played dunseith the 2nd game of the year alot has changed from then ryan will win this one
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan00 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:40 pm

Dunseith, of course, has a chance to beat Minot Ryan. The way Ryan played last night leads me to believe that they shouldn't have too big of a challenge taking on the Dragons this time around. Never know though, anything is possible.
ndsportsfan00

Postby bestinthewest » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:04 pm

anyone else think New Salem can pull off the upset over TL-M?? the way they are playing right now i think they can. Wolf has defenitly got to be in all the best sophomore in the state discussions. NS has a good Inside-outside game unlike TL-M who is mostly an outside shooting team. Shiloh is similar to them and NS pulled it off, and with absolutely no pressure on the NS guys.....why not??
bestinthewest
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big Guy » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:47 pm

I think Park River could pull off an upset over Grafton.
Big Guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby porter_55 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:52 pm

bestinthewest wrote:anyone else think New Salem can pull off the upset over TL-M?? the way they are playing right now i think they can. Wolf has defenitly got to be in all the best sophomore in the state discussions. NS has a good Inside-outside game unlike TL-M who is mostly an outside shooting team. Shiloh is similar to them and NS pulled it off, and with absolutely no pressure on the NS guys.....why not??

i think they can because they are playing really well right now, and there is no pressure on them...if TLM shoots well New Salem could be in trouble...Wolf needs to shoot well, and the inside game needs to work, and they can not afford turnovers because they are usually easy points for TLM, but if they control the boards like they have the last two games and keep Malzer in check i think they have a legitimate shot.
porter_55

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:39 pm

Big Guy wrote:I think Park River could pull off an upset over Grafton.

This is by far probably the least likely upset. Ecspecially when you have a 6'6 monster of a postman like Athony Kliniski with a four to five inch height advantange down low and when you also have a supporting cast to go along with. I think AK will go for at least 30 tomorrow night in a blowout.
Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby 9manfootballmom » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:31 pm

Park River is my Cinderella as well
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby mags » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:44 pm

i believe that divide county could definatly beat watford city, if that happened it would be a complete shame because watfords achievements this year i would like to see them make state.

although for cinderella i dont know if u can give that to divide i think they r just too good of a team they r real good im looking for someone like barnes county north of last year a true cinderella is there any left?
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby AAfootballfan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:01 pm

mags wrote:i believe that divide county could definatly beat watford city, if that happened it would be a complete shame because watfords achievements this year i would like to see them make state.

although for cinderella i dont know if u can give that to divide i think they r just too good of a team they r real good im looking for someone like barnes county north of last year a true cinderella is there any left?

I'm not trying to take anything from DC and how well they are playing right now. But do all you posters honestly believe they will beat Watford City. Here are five reasons why I think the Wolves win by about ten points.

5. Watford City has played in big games all year and found a way to win every single time
4. They have more experience than DC does.
3. Depth
2. They won last night with 3 players who play significant roles fouling out.
1. They beat DC in the regular season WITHOUT JUSTIN SHIPMAN(Thats 25pts and 10rbs on the bench)

We shall see though, good luck to both teams should be fun to watch!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sioux » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:22 pm

johndeere wrote:if watford plays like they did against trinity christian divide county will win for sure especially they way they are playing now.

A few things you have to take into consideration is the fact that DC played Mandaree and New Town, two very capable teams when they play hard and shoot well (which they did not). Neither of those two teams shot well to DC's credit, however neither of these two team play very good defense either..Both play a zone and their interior defense is bad / Terrible. DC has shot very well but once again it was against a zone that gives you way to many open looks..Watford won't play much zone if any and they will contest every shot plus they rebound well. DC does look like they are playing their best ball at this time though, so anything could happen.
Sioux

Postby east5840 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:29 pm

ClassBEast wrote:Central Cass! Nobody has been giving us any love this year and we are in the region championships! Go Squirrels! :D

Your talkin about not giving central cass any love, lisbon has been bashed all year and keeps winning. Everytime they have beat a good team its been because this team didnt shoot well or that this player didnt play well. But all that said it should be a great game bettween the squirles and broncos.
east5840
NDPreps Reserve

Postby east5840 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:36 pm

i take back what i just said lisbon is getting some love now, i never saw that before in the picks.
east5840
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ClassBEast » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:49 am

east5840 wrote:i take back what i just said lisbon is getting some love now, i never saw that before in the picks.

And hasn't Lisbon been rated in state most of the year? That's what I meant about "not getting any love." Central Cass only "got votes" twice I think and never cracked the top 10. The hoopster didn't even have them getting out of districts. Anyway, it's going to be a great game tonight. Region 1 will be represented well, whoever wins.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 9manfootballmom » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:31 am

9manfootballmom wrote:

OKay another wrong answer but I heard it was close Anyone from up in that area fill me in if you have some time. I heard it was a three point game. Is that correct?
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby magic715 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:11 am

9manfootballmom wrote:
9manfootballmom wrote:

OKay another wrong answer but I heard it was close Anyone from up in that area fill me in if you have some time. I heard it was a three point game. Is that correct?

Well mom, at least you take good humor in your predictions, that is always welcomed here on the boards, to much bashing going on it seems. Good luck to whoever u cheer for, or whereever u are from.
magic715

Postby 9manfootballmom » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:09 am

magic715 wrote:
9manfootballmom wrote:
9manfootballmom wrote:

Well mom, at least you take good humor in your predictions, that is always welcomed here on the boards, to much bashing going on it seems. Good luck to whoever u cheer for, or whereever u are from.

YOu know my team didn't even make it out of districts but i love the game and I love the kids that I know from all over the state. They are hard workers and just really nice kids. I guess that is what I love about class B. thanks and good luck to your team(s) as well
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:30 pm

I think that all the teams that won were considered the favorites to win tonight.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Boys