North Border vs Grafton

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

North Border vs Grafton

Postby vizio » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:33 am

NB and Grafton are tied...NB won on Grafton's home court by 6....Grafton won in Walhalla by 9....Who do you think will win??
vizio

Re: North Border vs Grafton

Postby BB11 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:37 am

vizio wrote:NB and Grafton are tied...NB won on Grafton's home court by 6....Grafton won in Walhalla by 9....Who do you think will win??

North Border has the experience with the players and the coaching - gotta go with the Eagles
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Prime Time » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:56 am

Go Spoilers
Prime Time
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfootball06 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:33 am

Grafton won by 11 in Walhalla. This'll be a great game though.
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby cavalier14 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:33 pm

like i said before neither team could beat us on thursday i told you mack would step up....GO TORNADOES
cavalier14

Postby shooter » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:42 pm

Ummm, help me out here. Did Mack step up when he went 0-4 from the line or when he got lucky and flipped in a shot late, the only shot he made all day. Yeah, that's stepping up. Cavalier better be careful what they wish for, cuz IF, and I mean a real big IF, they get to Thursday, either NB or Grafton will eat them alive.
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby MT_20 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:17 pm

shooter wrote:Ummm, help me out here. Did Mack step up when he went 0-4 from the line or when he got lucky and flipped in a shot late, the only shot he made all day. Yeah, that's stepping up. Cavalier better be careful what they I mean a real big IF, thwish for, cuz IF, and they get to Thursday, either NB or Grafton will eat them alive.

Umm... I'm pretty sure no matter what, cavalier plays on thursday. if they win they play in the championship and if they lose they play for 3rd. As far as mack stepping it up i think he did the whole cavalier bench did 2 starters fouled out and cavaliers bench came in and did the job. but this topic is about grafton north border and i got north border by 2
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big Guy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:20 pm

cavalier14 wrote:like i said before neither team could beat us on thursday i told you mack would step up....GO TORNADOES

Jared really stepped it up tonight huh? 72-31 PR
Hes NOT that good
Big Guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby LG5 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:14 pm

All I know is that Carpenter is VERY GOOD. It seems like he can just run to anywhere within 5 feet of the 3 point arch and it goes in... too bad that they lost. Didn't go out without a fight though.
One man can't win a basketball game all my himself, but thats just because 4 other guys have to be on the court.
LG5
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:14 pm

Well what can you say Grafton is a VERY VERY GOOD TEAM

ak had 40 points 12 boards

This has to be some kind of record North Border scored 42 points in the 4 quarter alone it was unbelieveable. The bad thing they gave up 25

final 77-68
toughregion2

Postby automatic99 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:59 pm

toughregion2 wrote:Well what can you say Grafton is a VERY VERY GOOD TEAM

ak had 40 points 12 boards

This has to be some kind of record North Border scored 42 points in the 4 quarter alone it was unbelieveable. The bad thing they gave up 25

final 77-68

That was an unbelievable 4th quarter. You could tell NB has played in some big games....they never quit. AK stepped up big time tonight and Grafton did enough to win in the end. As far as I'm concerned, the "poster gods" were looking down on Grafton tonight.
automatic99
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:20 am

IMO North Border had only one uncontested three that they made, the rest were just marvelous shots. Smith and Chale each made a couple over big Anthony Kliniske.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby vizio » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:49 am

If Smith wouldnt of got 3 fouls in the first quarter NB would of won the game...
vizio

Postby demon_fan14 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:02 am

imagine if grafton took bball as serious as hockey
demon_fan14

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:34 am

demon_fan14 wrote:imagine if grafton took bball as serious as hockey

imagine if tony ironheart was 6'4
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby region 2 opinion » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:49 am

North Border got hosed on Smith's fouls and got taken completely out of the game in the first quarter. It was handed to Grafton on a platter. Have Grafton play without A.K. in two quarters and see what happens. If Smith would have sneezed in the 3rd quarter he would have been whistled again. To bad the kids could not decide this one on the floor. To big a game to have it decided like that. I'm sure Grafton would agree. 2 very good teams in the biggest game of the year, what a shame!!
region 2 opinion
NDPreps Starter

Postby notalent » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:52 am

hmmm...it's called life buddy....your team isn't gonna win everytime
notalent

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:55 am

notalent wrote:hmmm...it's called life buddy....your team isn't gonna win everytime

If you were at the game you would've seen those fouls and agree with him.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby notalent » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:56 am

yea i was at the game....you gotta learn to roll with the punches...deal with adversity
notalent

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:03 am

I'm just saying something like that really screws up your game plan, his third foul was a joke.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby notalent » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:10 am

yea it happens...too bad their bunch isn't too much to brag about, and i'm sure it stunk to be in coach cooters boots, but the players that are on the court gotta realize how big the game is that they are playin in and just step up...they were all seniors....they should know what's on the line, they were at state last year, they shouldn't have let the refs ruin the game for them.
notalent

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:17 am

notalent wrote:yea it happens...too bad their bunch isn't too much to brag about, and i'm sure it stunk to be in coach cooters boots, but the players that are on the court gotta realize how big the game is that they are playin in and just step up...they were all seniors....they should know what's on the line, they were at state last year, they shouldn't have let the refs ruin the game for them.

Yeah but when Smith went out their defense really had no answer for Kliniske. They don't have the size coming off the bench to be able to handle him. Kliniske played a perfect game tonight and once Smith did get back in he was probably scared to do anything the way the game was being called. I was always told once we got to districts and regionals that the games would get more physical, the refs let you play especially in the paint and to be ready for contact. This game was reffed like a junior high game, everything was a foul. After Mike went to the bench the next tallest guy was maybe 6'1 and after that it drops to around 5'10. Any team that relies on their big man as much as Grafton and North Border would struggle if he gets 3 lame fouls called on him in the first quarter.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hp fan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:21 am

Let me get this right: 3 fouls in the first quarter? Why didn't coach take him out after two. (maybe he tried but didn't get it done in time). Why isn't the player smart enough to lay off, seriously, you have two fouls in thefirst quarter, back off a step and play a little more careful!!!

You guys must have horrible refs up there (sarcasm)!!!! That is all you cry about
hp fan

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:24 am

His third foul was a "player control" foul when he got the ball with his back to the basket and tried making a move toward the middle. He hadn't even made his turn yet and the whistle was blown.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hp fan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:29 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:His third foul was a "player control" foul when he got the ball with his back to the basket and tried making a move toward the middle. He hadn't even made his turn yet and the whistle was blown.

So again I ask, wht was he in there with 2 fouls. Doesn't sound like the refs problem to me
hp fan

Next

Return to Boys