North Border vs Grafton

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: North Border vs Grafton

Postby cubsfan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:55 am

I still think if Smith was in there Kliniske would still get 30+ points. I really wasn't impressed with Mike Smith tonight when he was in there playing. I can see why he was hesitant defensively but every move on offense his body was moving away from the basket.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby automatic99 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:40 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:His third foul was a "player control" foul when he got the ball with his back to the basket and tried making a move toward the middle. He hadn't even made his turn yet and the whistle was blown.

Actually, the refs "gave" his third foul to Carpenter about a minute or two earlier in that game. They bailed him out. As for the third foul that was called on him, anytime you hook a defender to make your move in the post.....it's a foul. That's what he did, plain and simple. It was a great game to watch. I'm not sure why we need to take anything away from the Grafton players, they played well. I will say one thing, they needed all of that lead they accumulated throughout the first 3 1/2 quarters. You knew NB was going to make a run......I don't think anyone expected it to be the run it was, but overall great game.....very entertaining to watch.
automatic99
NDPreps Starter

Postby toughregion2 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:28 am

Well i dont know if i agree with you all. BOTH games were refed terribly but wasnt smith on the floor in the third quarter and thats when ak had the best quarter 12 points???? I am not a cavalier fan but i hope hartz has tape of his game and sends it in it was Crazy. Some of these ref need to look at moving on in life. The whole problem is that the game has changed so much but some of the refs have not made that adjustment to the game. But to put it plain and simple Grafton is and was the better team. They played with class last night and will represent our district and region well at state.
Last edited by toughregion2 on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
toughregion2

Postby shooter » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:55 am

I agree with toughregion2, and I am a NB fan. You can't put it all on the officials, but....when they make such an impact on the game, it's hard not to complain. They were awful in both games. Grafton truly outplayed NB, but very much as a result of NB not being allowed to make any contact whatsoever. I also agree that Kliniske would have had a solid 30 with Smith in the whole game. He was a monster in the paint last night. I think NB really got down on themselves in the 2nd quarter when Smith was out though, and that hurt. The most unbelievable 4th quarter I have ever seen though. Those kids never quit, and if the game would have been much longer, maybe would have pulled it out. They were the defending champs and weren't gonna give up their title without a fight. Congrats to both teams on one of the more entertaining games I have ever witnessed.
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Prime Time » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:33 am

i really enjoy NB complaining about officiating.....what was the fouls in the DP vs NB game--DP had 17 to NB 5 in the second half...NB players try to get buddy buddy with the refs right away by sucking up to them and slapping them in the butt... get real, grafton beat u and u lost
Prime Time
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vizio » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:41 am

NB played one heck of a game..If there were 2 more minutes on that clock NB would of pulled through...AK was unstopable last night...
vizio

Postby MT_20 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:44 am

toughregion2 wrote:Well i dont know if i agree with you all. BOTH games were refed terribly but wasnt smith on the floor in the third quarter and thats when ak had the best quarter 12 points???? I am not a cavalier fan but i hope hartz has tape of his game and sends it in it was Crazy. Some of these ref need to look at moving on in life. The whole problem is that the game has changed so much but some of the refs have not made that adjustment to the game. But to put it plain and simple Grafton is and was the better team. They played with class last night and will represent our district and region well at state.

If our coach sends it in that 2 tapes of us and park river that had been sent into the state i think when we played them in park river it was worse refing than in last nights game
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:00 pm

ENOUGH DISCUSSION ON THE OFFICIATING ALREADY
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby toughregion2 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:18 pm

Hinsa please back off a littel bit

these are discussions and this is what happened like i have seen you say before if you dont want to hear it dont read it.

Let people vent a little bit.
toughregion2

Postby Hinsa » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:24 pm

I hear you toughregion2. Maybe my post is a build up of frustration from reading about officiating on almost every thread I read. My job as moderator is to keep this forum civil and discussing high school athletics. I read/skim every thread and since the B regionals have started almost every thread has some ref bashing in it.

I just can't believe how so many teams that lose call out the officiating.

Sorry if I over-reacted, but I though a few posts on the officiating was enough and I wanted to steer the conversation back to the teams.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby cavalier14 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:28 pm

yea the reffing in both games were terrible...the tornadoes should be region champs...but 3rd in the region is big to and mack and the boys will pull through...GO TORNADOES
cavalier14

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:37 pm

scc wrote:The officiating wasn't that bad in the semis. The quarterfinal round was terrible.

It wasn't that good in the semis
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby shooter » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:56 pm

I can't believe cavalier14, you and your buddies that talk up cavalier all day in these forums are the reason so many people bash Cavalier whenever they get the opportunity.
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vizio » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:05 pm

why do u say Mack and the boys????!!!!!!Mack isnt that good!!!!!
vizio

Postby shooter » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:42 pm

Mack is a FB player and not much more. IMO he'll develop into a big bruising brute for a post player, but an offensive threat he'll never be. He won't be a defensive threat either, just a big body.
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:10 pm

I hate to bring down Cavalier at all but last night they played exactly what they are: a VERY YOUNG BASKETBALL TEAM. None of their freshman really stood out to me besides the Robbins kid. He seemed like an extremely good ballhandler for a freshman and a good sense of the game.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby siouxfan19 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:11 pm

shooter wrote:I can't believe cavalier14, you and your buddies that talk up cavalier all day in these forums are the reason so many people bash Cavalier whenever they get the opportunity.

i'm am from cavalier and i have no idea who cavalier14 is.... nobody from here knows who its is... idk but it might be someone trying to make fun of cavalier or maybe thats what they really believe idk
siouxfan19
NDPreps Rookie

Previous

Return to Boys