Region 8 Tourney

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 8 Tourney

Postby Sioux » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:24 pm

Parshall vs. Trinity Christian
Watford City vs Ray

Divide County vs. Mandaree
New Town vs. Powers Lake

I got:
Parshall over TC
WC over Ray
Divide over Mandaree
New Town over Powers Lake

WC over Parshall
DC over New Town

WC over DC
Sioux

Re: Region 8 Tourney

Postby westpower » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:08 pm

TC over parshall
WC over Ray
Mandaree over DC
NT over Powers Lke

Wc over TC
NT over mandaree

Wc over NT by 4
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby eagle » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:02 pm

Parshall over Trinity
WC over Ray
DC over Mandaree
NT over PL

WC over Parshall
NT over DC

NT over WC

WC will get bumped next week. They are way too vulnerable.
eagle
NDPreps Reserve

Postby westpower » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:59 pm

Too vulnerable????? 21-0 looks like they know how to win a game or 2. Explain to me y u think they are too vulnerable. I feel they are solid but im not saying the task is impossible.
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sioux » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:46 pm

New Town will not get by Divide County.
Sioux

Postby Flyer » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:05 am

Any thoughts on the Parshall vs.Trinity Christian Game..I got Parshall by 3 83-80
Flyer

Postby 9manfootballmom » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:12 am

I'd like to see Williston Trinity beat Parshall but I know Trinity has been up and down depending on the day so we will see. Should be a fun tourney. good luck to all teams
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby greatest » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:35 pm

Parshall over Trinity Christian by 3 or 4 . It will be a close game all the way , and will be the best game in the 1st round of Region 8 .
The One and The Only, Quite Simply The GREATEST.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby oldminerfan » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:36 pm

If Trinity decides to play defense and Youngbird isn't 100% TC wins by a dozen.
oldminerfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flyer » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:40 pm

oldminerfan wrote:If Trinity decides to play defense and Youngbird isn't 100% TC wins by a dozen.

WOW..it will be closer than that. TC will have a tough time stoping Parshall's inside game if Youngbird and Finley play inside.
Flyer

Postby 9manfootballmom » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:50 pm

Flyer wrote:
oldminerfan wrote:If Trinity decides to play defense and Youngbird isn't 100% TC wins by a dozen.

WOW..it will be closer than that. TC will have a tough time stoping Parshall's inside game if Youngbird and Finley play inside.

TC 77 70 double OT What an exciting game.
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sioux » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:20 pm

Trinity Christian over Parshall in double OT
Watford City over Ray by 30 +
Divide County cruised over Mandaree by 17

New Town up by 1 at halftime.
Sioux

Postby ndbfan » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:01 pm

New Town over Powers Lake 61-57
ndbfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndbbbfan » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:39 pm

Trinity Christian vs. Watford City
Divide County vs. New Town

I got WC over TC by 13 and DC over NT by 2 in OT

WC over DC by 10
ndbbbfan

Postby rep » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:39 pm

do you have scores from the middle two games?
rep

Postby ndbbbfan » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:43 pm

rep wrote:do you have scores from the middle two games?

WC 64 Ray 25
DC 80 Mandaree 67
ndbbbfan

Postby oldminerfan » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:29 pm

Was VERY impressed with Trinity Chritians coach when he sent one of his players to the end of the bench for missing a bad pass at a critical time in their game. Really classy. I'm sure it will help his confidence alot.
oldminerfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greatest » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:54 pm

The Trinity - Parshall game was the best game i have seen all year . Parshall really fought back in both the 4th quarter and the 1st OT . They were down by 6 with around 40 seconds left in regulation , and down by 4 with 35 seconds left in OT 1 . They missed a couple crucial bunnies that would have won the game for them , but Trinity's poor free throw shooting allowed the Braves to stay in the game late .
The One and The Only, Quite Simply The GREATEST.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby shortstop » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:22 pm

What a semi-final night here in Williston tonight! A couple of great games that will be decided by 5 points or less is my best guess. The first round went pretty much like I expected. I expected the TC vs Parshall game to be real close, but I had Parshall winning it. Also hats off to Powers Lake. What an effort they had against New Town. They fought until the very end even when it looked like they were finished about 4 times. They actually led more than half the game I think.
Watford didn't have any trouble with Ray. Not much to evaluate there. DC looked good again. They have been playing good ball lately. Scoring leaders vary every game. Trinity overcame a horrible start (3-19) in the first quarter. They had the game in the end except their free throw shooting left them in the 4th quarter (pressure?). They still shot 25-35 for the game (71%). I think that is why these two teams have a decent chance to advance tonight. As I said on a previous post (different Region 8 subject), these two teams can shoot free throws and I'm a big believer in that during region and state tournaments. The refs seem to call more stuff at this time of the year. Divide shot over 80% last night (19-23). However I still think Watford's defense is too much and will pick them to play DC in the final.
shortstop

Postby PA42 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:11 pm

You have to give a lot of credit to Powers Lake for the season they put together. They had troubles putting five kids on the floor the last couple of years and to overcome their coaches death near the end of season shows a lot about that team.
PA42

Postby 9manfootballmom » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:33 pm

Williston Trinity vs WC overtime 60-63
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 9manfootballmom » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:41 pm

OT 21.9 seconds WC up by 72-70

OT Watford by 6

great season TRinity...good luck wolves
iT was fun to listen to your games!
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AC-DC » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:33 pm

DC - 85
Newtown - 63
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shortstop » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:29 am

Trinity gave it all but Watford's depth came through and they survive again. Three big players fouled out and they still managed to pull it out with good guard play. Very impressive. I don't know how many fouls there were in this game, but it was alot on both teams. I think TC only lost one player to fouls. Watford made their free throws at the end to seal the deal.
I was off on my close game prediction for the second one. DC came to play and New Town didn't. For the second night in a row, DC was pressed and they ate it up. Many easy points off the press both nights. Some heady ballplayers on that team. They did not shoot free throws very well tonight (I think around 60%), but otherwise they played well. 7 guys with 9 points or more.
Going to be a good one on Thursday I think. Watford City is tough and deep. Divide County is playing as well as it has all season I think. Too close to call this one. DC will need to control Sanford. Shipman is going to be difficult to stop.
shortstop

Postby wc45 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:09 pm

shortstop wrote:Trinity gave it all but Watford's depth came through and they survive again. Three big players fouled out and they still managed to pull it out with good guard play. Very impressive. I don't know how many fouls there were in this game, but it was alot on both teams. I think TC only lost one player to fouls. Watford made their free throws at the end to seal the deal.
I was off on my close game prediction for the second one. DC came to play and New Town didn't. For the second night in a row, DC was pressed and they ate it up. Many easy points off the press both nights. Some heady ballplayers on that team. They did not shoot free throws very well tonight (I think around 60%), but otherwise they played well. 7 guys with 9 points or more.
Going to be a good one on Thursday I think. Watford City is tough and deep. Divide County is playing as well as it has all season I think. Too close to call this one. DC will need to control Sanford. Shipman is going to be difficult to stop.

not to mention but shipman and bruins were 2 of the players that fouled out and I cant remember the 3rd one but that is impressive winning in OT without your best player and your best all around guard
wc45
NDPreps Rookie

Next

Return to Boys