Region 8 Tourney

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 8 Tourney

Postby shortstop » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:44 am

What a game last night. DC went out to a 8 point first quarter lead and then had a tough second quarter. WC took over that quarter and had a three point half time lead. DC missed the front end of a bonus free throw right before half that would have really helped their cause. Some of the less known WC guys held them in there the first half. The second half was very intense and exciting. WC jumped out to a 10 point lead and led by 7 after 3. However DC came charging back and got within one at 61-60. Watford had the ball with just under two minutes to go and ran off quite a bit of time. They finally got an opening underneath and got the ball to Sanford who was fouled and it was called intentional. So he got two free throws and made them and got the ball again. It was a good call. The kid had to foul or it was a layup. Just too bad for them(DC) that he made it look that way. DC fouled Sanford and he missed the front end of a bonus (the only free throw WC missed all night, went 14-15) so DC got a three point shot from Haugland that sailed over the rim. More fouls and free throws and it was over. Great game and another close one that Watford pulls out. How many times can they keep doing this? Their defense will keep them in games, so they will have more close ones ahead and will probably win them. Good Luck at state!
shortstop

Postby AC-DC » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:57 pm

shortstop wrote:DC got a three point shot from Haugland that sailed over the rim. More fouls and free throws and it was over.

Don't forget Haugland's half court 3 point swish at the buzzer. Unfortunately, it was too little too late, but very impressive all the same.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AC-DC » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:28 am

I just had to state that I was fairly impressed with Trinity Christian's Ian Black (and a couple others I didn't recognize) joining the Divide County fans at half-time of the championship game. It's been a bitter rivalry for the last couple of years, in all sports, but that showed a bit of class. A lot of fans, players and coaches could learn something about sportsmanship. Well done!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla8930 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:40 am

yeah but the only reason he went to that side is probabably because trinity christian fans would rather see divide go to state than watford just because they beat them that is just my opinion...
balla8930

Postby AC-DC » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:25 am

balla8930 wrote:yeah but the only reason he went to that side is probabably because trinity christian fans would rather see divide go to state than watford just because they beat them that is just my opinion...

With most of Divide County pulling for Newton, just to see Trinity Christian loose the game before, it was still impressive when they went on to the court with the DC fans.
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WPower » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:55 pm

why? they were still enraged about their loss to watford the night before. It's not that uncommon for teams to do that. :roll:
WPower
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ballernation » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:11 pm

AC-DC wrote:
balla8930 wrote:yeah but the only reason he went to that side is probabably because trinity christian fans would rather see divide go to state than watford just because they beat them that is just my opinion...

With most of Divide County pulling for Newton, just to see Trinity Christian loose the game before, it was still impressive when they went on to the court with the DC fans.

yaaa i dont think anyone was going for watford, sat by there cheering section at the tc, wc game. I couldnt believe the stuff they were saying to the players from trinity, everything in the book. I had to move and go watch the game somewhere else midway through the first quarter, it was probably one of the worst things I have personally witnessed in sports
ballernation
NDPreps Starter

Postby westpower » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:04 pm

ballernation wrote:
AC-DC wrote:

yaaa i dont think anyone was going for watford, sat by there cheering section at the tc, wc game. I couldnt believe the stuff they were saying to the players from trinity, everything in the book. I had to move and go watch the game somewhere else midway through the first quarter, it was probably one of the worst things I have personally witnessed in sports

whaaaaaaaaaa!! what could have benn so bad? Its just WCs competitive nature
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby ballernation » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:29 pm

westpower wrote:
ballernation wrote:
AC-DC wrote:

whaaaaaaaaaa!! what could have benn so bad? Its just WCs competitive nature

if thats what you wanna call it, "competitive nature" i call it ignorance
ballernation
NDPreps Starter

Postby WPower » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:13 pm

:roll: was that your first ball game you've ever been to? it sounds like it, have u ever heard of heckling? its done in every crowd at every game
WPower
NDPreps Reserve

Postby linksman » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:20 pm

So much for sportsmanship. I do not believe in openly negative posts, but when you are willing to excuse bad behavior, it certainly says a lot about your own character. What the Watford student body was saying to the TC players, and the heckling of the TC cheerleaders was indefensible. I guess anything goes with some people. Have a nice day.
linksman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WPower » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:50 pm

I was also at the game in the same section as you apparently, and the cheerleaders were jawing right back, and they are also the ones who started talking first because the wc fans were trying to stand right behind the court and they weren't happy with that. I never said I excused or approved of their behavior, I just stated that it happens everywhere. And if that is not what you got from my post, now you know.
WPower
NDPreps Reserve

Postby linksman » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:06 pm

Yes, I read your post. You said its just WC's competitive nature. I have watched a lot of DC/TC games, all fiercely competitive. But never, and I mean never had I heard the student bodies of either schools dropping F Bombs on the players. And I have never seen Hunter Berg, the AD at Williston State College have to do crowd control, until he did that night on the WC student body. Maybe this is something you are used to seeing and hearing at the games you attend, but I am with the other guy who posted it is one of the least sportsmanlike things that I have ever seen and heard at a HIGH SCHOOL event. Period!!
linksman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:10 pm

closed for reasons stated in more than one area on this site.
rep

Previous

Return to Boys