Top Sophmores

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Top Sophmores

Postby 9manfootballmom » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:13 pm

baseball wrote:
9manfootballmom wrote:
baseball wrote:
digger wrote:Adam Randall is a great player. With alot of these sophmores, you're trying to factor in their potential. Randall is already an all-state caliber player.

is 1st-Team a stretch? there are players that go out and have great games, but i would have a hard time finding 5 guys who can consistantly go out and put up the huge numbers he does....the obvious first teamer is Dufualt. but behind him who is there? Mauch? Malzer mayber? Shockman? Shipman? should be interesting when the teams are released

seems to me we have a switch in topics here...we're talking about top sophomores of 2007-2008 Some kind of transition going on here?

if you read the first 4 words though you would realize it is still on topic. i just asked if 1st Team all state would be a stretch for randall (who is a sophomore)....

sorry My bad...
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby linksman » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:42 am

Justin Haugland of Divide County has become a force to be reckoned with.
linksman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:53 pm

A person from Thompson that no one has heard about yet is Garret Reineke. He is a very nice guard who sometimes gets a little over zealous but none the less very talented.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby oldsportsfan » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:49 pm

Berthold has some really respectable sophomores playing. One being Matt Yale and another being Michael White. There bench also has some really good sophomores. They are going to be tough in the future
oldsportsfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby #28 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:33 pm

berthold is gunna be tough next year
NDPreps Starter

Postby kansascp » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:46 pm

how about brock knodle from central prairie he is a strong post player
kansascp

Postby bballuvr » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:52 pm

Brock is a nice upcoming player on a Central Prairie team that will be junior dominated next year. Good quickness and moves well aroound the basket.
distict 5 will be very junior strong next year.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby poweraidman » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:11 pm

i would have to say the best sophs from region 3 are, of course randall, mark baumgartner and kramer from strasberg, knudson from kulm, and is talon lippert from south border a sophmore?
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballuvr » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:18 pm

It will be fun to watch this years sophs develop the next 2 years. You mentioned some good ones. Yes Randall leads the group. Physical development, work ethic, and mental maturity will all play into how the many sophs develop. District 5 POY will be really interesting in 2010.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:17 pm

id say region 4 has ton good ones
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:10 am

And they are who???
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsguy2 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:49 pm

poweraidman wrote:i would have to say the best sophs from region 3 are, of course randall, mark baumgartner and kramer from strasberg, knudson from kulm, and is talon lippert from south border a sophmore?

brandvold and carpenter from LMM are better than knudson...knudson is alright but those two are better
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballuvr » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:58 pm

Brandvold and Carpenter are good. They will be among the better sophs in Dist. 5. Naze from LMM is going to be a good one.
I see Knudson getting some hard knocks at times. I'm NOT from Kulm. I think he is pretty good. Extremely quick, fairly decent shooter, and defends decent. He fits right in with the discussion of good sophs.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby all_around » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:44 am

gator-nation wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:You have to put Ollie D. from FW in the mix. In fact, FW's soph class of Ollie, Dem L., Joran B., Travis L, Scott B. and Wambli D. is lookin really tough. Throw in Chuck L. and FW is going to be a top team in ND for the next 2 years.

Its not like we havent heard that on here before. :D

And its not like we havent heard you/others hating on our team before!!!! Why is it so hard for people to believe that FW has good players, put good players with a good coach and you have a good team that will contend!!! Oh and btw gator-nation, every time we have said we have a good team we backed it up, just wait and see!?!?!
all_around

Postby shortstop » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:56 am

Justin Haugland from Divide County, who was mentioned by someone else, will be interesting to watch. He is a shooter and his range goes out to 25' or so. However he needs work in some areas. Teams are now putting a guy in his face and he has to learn to deal with it. If he has any open shot, he is deadly. He has improved his defense it looks like and does a pretty good job rebounding despite being just under 6'. Watched him here in Williston for the District and Region tournament. Had 60 points in the region tournament despite coming out that last two games looking very nervous. He really struggled in the final against Watford in the first half. Their coach finally sat him for a good part of the second quarter and it seemed to help. I think he had about 13 points in the second half.
Anyway, remember the name. He'll be putting up some big numbers the next couple of years I think.
shortstop

Postby COACHWEST » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:09 pm

Well stated shortstop!
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:15 pm

all_around wrote:
gator-nation wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:You have to put Ollie D. from FW in the mix. In fact, FW's soph class of Ollie, Dem L., Joran B., Travis L, Scott B. and Wambli D. is lookin really tough. Throw in Chuck L. and FW is going to be a top team in ND for the next 2 years.

Its not like we havent heard that on here before. :D

And its not like we havent heard you/others hating on our team before!!!! Why is it so hard for people to believe that FW has good players, put good players with a good coach and you have a good team that will contend!!! Oh and btw gator-nation, every time we have said we have a good team we backed it up, just wait and see!?!?!

Leave it to a FW fan to take something too personally. Settle down.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby mags » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:47 pm

shortstop wrote:Justin Haugland from Divide County, who was mentioned by someone else, will be interesting to watch. He is a shooter and his range goes out to 25' or so. However he needs work in some areas. Teams are now putting a guy in his face and he has to learn to deal with it. If he has any open shot, he is deadly. He has improved his defense it looks like and does a pretty good job rebounding despite being just under 6'. Watched him here in Williston for the District and Region tournament. Had 60 points in the region tournament despite coming out that last two games looking very nervous. He really struggled in the final against Watford in the first half. Their coach finally sat him for a good part of the second quarter and it seemed to help. I think he had about 13 points in the second half.
Anyway, remember the name. He'll be putting up some big numbers the next couple of years I think.

i dont remember his # but is that the kid who is more of a solid thicker guard? just to see if i am thinking of the right guy
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby toddjames » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:54 pm

Oliver Dauphinais out of Four Winds. He averages double figures in scoring and had a couple of 30 point games this seasons, with hand of double-doubles. He also hit two clutch free throws to win the game and advance FW into the regional semifinals. Then he led them in scoring in the championship game with 13 points. Like his coach Rick Smith said, he's just light's out fast. Plus he's good rebounder and defensive player. Once his shot develops a little more, he'll be an all-state caliber player...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shortstop » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:58 pm

Mags, you are thinking of the right guy. He wore number 10. He is stuck together pretty good. Not fast or quick but has average speed I would say.
shortstop

Postby tellmeaboutit » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:22 pm

brownbomber wrote:DTs sophmores tommy peters and robbie morey are some very good sophs that get very good PT who are some other good sophs around the state?

Now that the season is over for DT.....I'd have to say that the coach's son, Aaron Grinnsteiner was a pretty good sophomore as well. Not a big scorer yet, but he has hops and better yet basketball smarts.
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:37 pm

toddjames wrote:Oliver Dauphinais out of Four Winds. He averages double figures in scoring and had a couple of 30 point games this seasons, with hand of double-doubles. He also hit two clutch free throws to win the game and advance FW into the regional semifinals. Then he led them in scoring in the championship game with 13 points. Like his coach Rick Smith said, he's just light's out fast. Plus he's good rebounder and defensive player. Once his shot develops a little more, he'll be an all-state caliber player...

18 ppg, 9 rebs, 4 assists and 3 steals per game is all state caliber in my book.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby AC-DC » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:12 am

mags wrote:
shortstop wrote:Justin Haugland from Divide County, who was mentioned by someone else, will be interesting to watch. He is a shooter and his range goes out to 25' or so. However he needs work in some areas. Teams are now putting a guy in his face and he has to learn to deal with it. If he has any open shot, he is deadly. He has improved his defense it looks like and does a pretty good job rebounding despite being just under 6'. Watched him here in Williston for the District and Region tournament. Had 60 points in the region tournament despite coming out that last two games looking very nervous. He really struggled in the final against Watford in the first half. Their coach finally sat him for a good part of the second quarter and it seemed to help. I think he had about 13 points in the second half.

i dont remember his # but is that the kid who is more of a solid thicker guard? just to see if i am thinking of the right guy

#10, quite probably, definetly one to watch, up and coming QB in football as well.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby unknown » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:39 am

I'm pretty sure he doesn't play football.
unknown

Postby AC-DC » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:51 pm

unknown wrote:I'm pretty sure he doesn't play football.

If you're talking about Justin Haugland, yes he does, QB. Second in line to Quinn Ellison, who'll be a senior next year. Justin will be starting QB in 2 years.

The other person you may be thinking about is Josh Johnston, #20, a senior that just transfered from Burke County.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Boys