Top Sophmores

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Top Sophmores

Postby brownbomber » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:42 am

DTs sophmores tommy peters and robbie morey are some very good sophs that get very good PT who are some other good sophs around the state?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Re: Top Sophmores

Postby 9manfootballmom » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:54 am

I like Grant Singer from TLM He can play the post well, jump like a bunny and shoot the three. FUn to watch and a nice kid. He'll continue to improve that is for sure
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Dareybuck » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:19 pm

I think Sam Olson, he plays for Oak Grove. I have seen him play a few times. He is 6' 3" and growing, he has some good jumping ability.(he can dunk with ease). his shooting is a little hit and miss. i think you averages about 6 or 7 and game with almost 5 boards. he has started every game this season except the first 3. Much potential
a great player can win a game but a TEAM can win EVERY game.
Dareybuck
NDPreps Starter

Postby greatest » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:30 pm

Jalen Finely from Parshall . He can play spots 1-5 despite being about 6'1 . He is just very physical and seems to grab every rebound , resulting in a lot of 2nd chance points off offensive boards .
The One and The Only, Quite Simply The GREATEST.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:30 pm

Zach Grothmann, Hillsboro. 5'11" point guard, good leaper, lefty, excellent penetrator, shoots the 3 OK and will get better, quick hands, very solid defender, good rebounder, scored 22 against MPCG in the region play-in game with the season on the line.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby hp fan » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:42 pm

Brock Boos of Bowman COunty is a very talented sophomore. He penetrate very well and has great body control, above average shooter, and very promising athlete. HE should be fun to watch for the next few years. Oh and he got screwed out of All district selection. Easily the best player on the bowman team. OH well hopefully he can use that to add some fuel to the fire.
hp fan

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:04 pm

Adam Randall is the best in the state hands down. 28 and 10 average going into districts.....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Dareybuck » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:37 pm

and where is the "hands down" Randall from?
a great player can win a game but a TEAM can win EVERY game.
Dareybuck
NDPreps Starter

Postby digger » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:41 pm

A view from Region 1: (no particular order)
Alex Althoff, Hankinson: good guard, good speed & ball handling, defends well, plays hard
Danny Hangaard, Hankinson: 6'3", strong, under control, nice touch around the basket
Riley Streit, Central Cass: 6'5", big frame, good passer, soft hands, moves well for a big young guy
Nick Nelson, FSHP: 6'3", good passer, rebounder, runs the floor well, nice shot, can play inside or out
Sam Olson, Oak Grove: 6'3",court presence, defends well inside & out, great hands, nice athleticism

Some other young players have gotten good playing time, even started as sophmores in the region, but in some instances it's because there is little depth or mediocre upper classes. Streit would start on alot of teams, but Central Cass is very deep and has a good big man in 6'6" Alex Ausk. Nelson is the most polished at this point, he's really good right now, I think about 14 pts. 7 reb/game, he and Hangaard are the most physically mature. I guess Olson had played the point until a growth spurt this year, good for passing and ball handling skills. He's lanky, doesn't look like he's done growing, might have the biggest upside over the next couple of years. Each of them will be fun to watch in the future. Althoff, Hangaard, Streit & Olson will be lacing them up for regionals next week.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 9manfootballmom » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:45 pm

Haven't seen Nick NElson play this season but followed him all summer with an ECI team. Nice kid, good player. I think we'll see his name a lot in the future.
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:48 pm

Dareybuck wrote:and where is the "hands down" Randall from?

Steele....theres another topic like 5 pages long aobut good sophmores and he is talked about quite a bit in that one if ya want more information. but i would like to see if anyone else in the state is averaging 28 and 10, let alone any sophomores. thats why i think he is hands down the best in th state
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby digger » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:21 pm

Adam Randall is a great player. With alot of these sophmores, you're trying to factor in their potential. Randall is already an all-state caliber player.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby steel33 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:33 pm

My vote would be for Grant Singer

Avg 19.5 and 10rb per game.

That is playing with Malzer who might be the best player in the state and a very solid player in Nelson.

Next year those numbers will be around 25ppg

He also shoots 64%field and 75% from the line.

Still growing his dad is 6'5-6'6

If he would grow another 2-3 inches he would be unstoppable
steel33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:35 pm

digger wrote:Adam Randall is a great player. With alot of these sophmores, you're trying to factor in their potential. Randall is already an all-state caliber player.

is 1st-Team a stretch? there are players that go out and have great games, but i would have a hard time finding 5 guys who can consistantly go out and put up the huge numbers he does....the obvious first teamer is Dufualt. but behind him who is there? Mauch? Malzer mayber? Shockman? Shipman? should be interesting when the teams are released
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:38 pm

baseball wrote:
digger wrote:Adam Randall is a great player. With alot of these sophmores, you're trying to factor in their potential. Randall is already an all-state caliber player.

is 1st-Team a stretch? there are players that go out and have great games, but i would have a hard time finding 5 guys who can consistantly go out and put up the huge numbers he does....the obvious first teamer is Dufualt. but behind him who is there? Mauch? Malzer mayber? Shockman? Shipman? should be interesting when the teams are released

as of now, i'd go dufault, mauch, malzer, randall and shockman
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:41 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
baseball wrote:

as of now, i'd go dufault, mauch, malzer, randall and the last spot to me is a toss up between shockman and shipman
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby digger » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:00 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
baseball wrote:

as of now, i'd go dufault, mauch, malzer, randall and shockman

I wouldn't argue with any of those picks.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby oneshot » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:27 am

No doubt Randall is good...haven't seen him play, but his numbers are huge...Singer from TL-M maybe isn't Randall's caliber, but easily top 5 sophs in the state...barely 6'0" and plays the post like 6'5"...shoots 3's, 10-12 rebs./game...plays the game 110%, fun to watch, humble kid too.
oneshot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MGUNVILLE » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:40 am

Two pretty good sophmores to mention are Nick pheipher an Blake Nelson of Rolette. Should be fun to watch the next couple of years.
MGUNVILLE

Postby bigg » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:31 pm

zach bowman of new rockford sheyenne can really play some ball he averages around 13 points and 6 boards and 4 assists and he can hit the outside shot pretty good hes 6' 2 and has strong post moves with the frame he has on him
bigg
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:49 pm

You have to put Ollie D. from FW in the mix. In fact, FW's soph class of Ollie, Dem L., Joran B., Travis L, Scott B. and Wambli D. is lookin really tough. Throw in Chuck L. and FW is going to be a top team in ND for the next 2 years.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby gator-nation » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:21 pm

nativegolfer wrote:You have to put Ollie D. from FW in the mix. In fact, FW's soph class of Ollie, Dem L., Joran B., Travis L, Scott B. and Wambli D. is lookin really tough. Throw in Chuck L. and FW is going to be a top team in ND for the next 2 years.

Its not like we havent heard that on here before. :D
gator-nation

Postby 9manfootballmom » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:23 pm

baseball wrote:

seems to me we have a switch in topics here...we're talking about top sophomores of 2007-2008 Some kind of transition going on here?
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:32 pm

9manfootballmom wrote:
baseball wrote:

seems to me we have a switch in topics here...we're talking about top sophomores of 2007-2008 Some kind of transition going on here?

if you read the first 4 words though you would realize it is still on topic. i just asked if 1st Team all state would be a stretch for randall (who is a sophomore)....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:48 pm

gator-nation wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:You have to put Ollie D. from FW in the mix. In fact, FW's soph class of Ollie, Dem L., Joran B., Travis L, Scott B. and Wambli D. is lookin really tough. Throw in Chuck L. and FW is going to be a top team in ND for the next 2 years.

Its not like we havent heard that on here before. :D

Whats that for??
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Boys