Region 3 Tourney!!

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 3 Tourney!!

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:15 am

poweraidman wrote:LaMoure over linton by about 15- it was actually closer then the score shows, there were a few lead changes, and a tight game the whole way till the end, LaMoure made their free throws, and put them away.

South border over strasburg, close game the whole way, strasberg didnt shoot well, and had to many forced turnovers, and i can safely say the refs were terrible that game too, they didnt call much against strasberg, but they what they didnt do was call fouls on south border, sathren drove into the lane at least 4 to 5 times and got either hacked or pushed from behind, and no calls were made(plus hummels last second shot looked like he got fouled too..i may be wrong but i dont believe so). i do give credit to south border for winning this game

but now we all know lamoure is finally going to make it to state, its a 100% chance that they win on thursday, south border wont be able to beat them. I am by no means a lamoure fan but there is just no way that lamoure loses this game

it was bobbi kramer that took the last second shot.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby poweraidman » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:18 am

oh, sorry, yea thats what i meant
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rkmt » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:20 am

poweraidman wrote:LaMoure over linton by about 15- it was actually closer then the score shows, there were a few lead changes, and a tight game the whole way till the end, LaMoure made their free throws, and put them away.

South border over strasburg, close game the whole way, strasberg didnt shoot well, and had to many forced turnovers, and i can safely say the refs were terrible that game too, they didnt call much against strasberg, but they what they didnt do was call fouls on south border, sathren drove into the lane at least 4 to 5 times and got either hacked or pushed from behind, and no calls were made(plus hummels last second shot looked like he got fouled too..i may be wrong but i dont believe so). i do give credit to south border for winning this game

but now we all know lamoure is finally going to make it to state, its a 100% chance that they win on thursday, south border wont be able to beat them. I am by no means a lamoure fan but there is just no way that lamoure loses this game

not that it matters, but I don't think Linton led. They were within 1 a few times (maybe I'm wrong).

also - never a 100% chance. I would say, however, unless LaMoure plays poorly, it's about 99%. Anyone can beat anyone when you get to this point. Hopefully LaMoure doesn't overlook them. but most people predicted the early bracket would win the region - Kulm or Steele-Dawson would probably feel pretty good going into the champ. game if they'd gotten there. I'd be very surprised to see South Border win. But they will play hard and they deserve credit for getting there.
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby berry186 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:26 am

linton i dont think lead either you should quit with the refs are terrible thing your guys lost linton is a better team then kulm
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballuvr » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:24 am

Linton never led. The tied it a couple times around 23 and 25 or so. LaMoure then went up by 5-6, then 8, then back to 5 once, and then slowly opened it up. Nice win for the LoBoes.

As for the championship, they will definitely have to play some ball. South Border will take their shot. LaMoure should be the last team on earth to overlook anybody. They will be ready is my bet.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby poweraidman » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:49 pm

championship game tomorrow, any score predictions, here is mine
65-42 LaMoure.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby taveg » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:30 pm

this is kind of the same situation last year
everyone thought bcn didnt have a chance against linton but look what happened, now granted lamoures team this year is better then lintons last year and also that bcn is better then south border

there should be no way lamoure loses like everyone said and i also agree there is no way they should lose but i would not be surprised if south border pulled off the upset.
if i was a betting man though i'd pick lamoure by 10+
taveg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:04 am

taveg wrote:this is kind of the same situation last year
everyone thought bcn didnt have a chance against linton but look what happened, now granted lamoures team this year is better then lintons last year and also that bcn is better then south border

there should be no way lamoure loses like everyone said and i also agree there is no way they should lose but i would not be surprised if south border pulled off the upset.

You can make an agruement that this years LaMoure team was better then Linton's team last year but I honestly think South Border is better that BCN last year. BCN had the more dominant player, but I'd say South Border has the better starting 5.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:54 am

Haven't seen either team play, but I'm originally from the area so I'm familar with the teams. It is obvious Lamoure is the favorite, but what needs to happen for SB to pull off the upset?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby poweraidman » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:52 am

in order for sb to win, they need to get shockman in fould trouble by taking the ball right at him. They need to hope that holen and watkins have a bad night(which they wont), and they need to shoot out of their minds. LaMoure has to many weapons they can use. South border wont be able to stop them.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby benelli1 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:27 am

baller01 wrote:

You can make an agruement that this years LaMoure team was better then Linton's team last year but I honestly think South Border is better that BCN last year. BCN had the more dominant player, but I'd say South Border has the better starting 5.

Most everybody seems to be in agreement that La Moure should win but I think that baller01 needs to review the last half of last season before making a comment that South Border is better than BCN last year.
benelli1

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:39 am

benelli1 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Most everybody seems to be in agreement that La Moure should win but I think that baller01 needs to review the last half of last season before making a comment that South Border is better than BCN last year.

I would say this South Border has the better starting 5 than BCN did last year. BCN had that dominant player that stuck out, but South Border is more of a team. They have nobody that really sticks out, but they are a successful team.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:19 pm

hoopsstar2391 wrote:
benelli1 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

I would say this South Border has the better starting 5 than BCN did last year. BCN had that dominant player that stuck out, but South Border is more of a team. They have nobody that really sticks out, but they are a successful team.

It's my opinion that South Border is better then BCN having played BCN last year and South Border this year. BCN realied 75% of their offense on Sizer inside and the other 25% on Heinze and Bartlett's shooting. South Border has a balanced offensive attack with four guys that can be the leading scorer any night.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby AandBfan » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:16 pm

baller01 wrote:
hoopsstar2391 wrote:
benelli1 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

It's my opinion that South Border is better then BCN having played BCN last year and South Border this year. BCN realied 75% of their offense on Sizer inside and the other 25% on Heinze and Bartlett's shooting. South Border has a balanced offensive attack with four guys that can be the leading scorer any night.

Their balanced offensive attack didn't look very good the last two games, i don't think they made it over 35 points either game
AandBfan

Previous

Return to Boys