Region 3 Tourney!!

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 3 Tourney!!

Postby poweraidman » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:00 am

Game 1: (15-6) Linton vs. (13-9) Kulm
Game 2: (21-1) LaMoure vs. (16-5) Steele-Dawson

Game 3: (18-4) Strasburg-Zeeland vs. (11-11) Litchville-Marion-Montpelier
Game 4: (8-14) Pingree-Buchanan-Kensal vs. (15-6) South Border

Should be an interesting tourney. By the looks of it Strausberg has an easier bracket, not saying that they have a free ride to the championship but i think they will make it. The top side is a toss up, i do believe that Steele could pull off an upset against LaMoure. And if LaMoure wins, i think the winner out of Kulm or Linton could beat LaMoure too. Any thoughts or predictions?
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Region 3 Tourney!!

Postby Philnerius21 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:02 pm

poweraidman wrote:Game 1: (15-6) Linton vs. (13-9) Kulm
Game 2: (21-1) LaMoure vs. (16-5) Steele-Dawson

Game 3: (18-4) Strasburg-Zeeland vs. (11-11) Litchville-Marion-Montpelier
Game 4: (8-14) Pingree-Buchanan-Kensal vs. (15-6) South Border

Should be an interesting tourney. By the looks of it Strausberg has an easier bracket, not saying that they have a free ride to the championship but i think they will make it. The top side is a toss up, i do believe that Steele could pull off an upset against LaMoure. And if LaMoure wins, i think the winner out of Kulm or Linton could beat LaMoure too. Any thoughts or predictions?

LInton over Kulm could be closer than people think though
Lamoure over Steele
SZ over LMM if SZ plays to their potential
SB over PBK

Lamoure over Linton- the only match up thats tuff to pick. Can Lamoure make the right adjustments or does Carr have somein up his sleeve again?
South Border over SZ- What was the game like when they played in the regular season?

Lamoure over South Border
Linton over SZ

All games on the second and third day will be pretty good. I still agree with baseball and think top bracket takes the tourney if they dont beat each other up to bad the previous games.
Philnerius21

Postby bballfan7 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:14 pm

same thing that happened last year the top teams in the region were in the top bracket and lamoure and linton beat up on each other second round had linton lamoure or steele been in the bottom bracket they would have had a pretty good chance at makin state. I think the lamoure steele game will be closer than people might think but ill take lamoure, linton, strasburg and south border. 2nd day lamoure and strasburg win with lamoure winning it and linton taking third.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby OilCanBoy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:29 pm

I wouldn't count out pbk from making it past south border, as for anyone who seen them play in the districts they could have a chance at knocking off any team in the region
OilCanBoy

Postby bballfan7 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:50 pm

OilCanBoy wrote:I wouldn't count out pbk from making it past south border, as for anyone who seen them play in the districts they could have a chance at knocking off any team in the region

I think if there were any team from district 6 that they could possibly knock off it would be south border but i dont think they could beat strasburg, linton, or steele-dawson
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby poweraidman » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:03 pm

well pbk did beat Kulm which says something, plus the kept up with LaMoure till about the last 3 minutes, so i wouldnt doubht if they made it deep into this tourny, they have been playing really good ball right now, hopefully they can keep it up.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:09 pm

if pbk is hitting threes, i think they are as dangerous as anyone. if they aren't hitting the three, they're done. so while the production of cale thomas is important, i think he's proven this season he will produce night-in and night-out.

so i think the real key then becomes if simonsen and torgerson are hitting their shots.
rep

Postby hp fan » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:30 pm

bballfan7 wrote:same thing that happened last year the top teams in the region were in the top bracket and lamoure and linton beat up on each other second round had linton lamoure or steele been in the bottom bracket they would have had a pretty good chance at makin state. I think the lamoure steele game will be closer than people might think but ill take lamoure, linton, strasburg and south border. 2nd day lamoure and strasburg win with lamoure winning it and linton taking third.

If you take care of business in districts, then the top two teams should be on opposite sides of the bracket. I guess thats the price you pay for not winning the district
hp fan

Postby bballfan7 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:01 pm

poweraidman wrote:well pbk did beat Kulm which says something, plus they kept up with LaMoure till about the last 3 minutes, so i wouldnt doubht if they made it deep into this tourny, they have been playing really good ball right now, hopefully they can keep it up.

I'm not saying pbk is a bad team they are obviously playing some good ball right now if they beat the three seed and the two seed out of their district to make it to the district championship game. Just not seeing why you say beating kulm says something not that they are a bad team but like i said earlier i dont think pbk can beat linton, strasburg or steele-dawson just my opinion. But if you look at it the only team of those three that pbk played was steele-dawson and steele beat them, but it was early in january. As for beating kulm, so did steele, linton, and strasburg, the 3 teams i said that i dont think can beat them. Yes sticking with lamoure til 3 minutes left in the game is something, but the kulm comparison doesn't mean much just because the other three also beat them.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby taveg » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:35 pm

my prediction is that linton and strasburg will play again this season.

if linton beats kulm and lamoure, strasburg will also make the region champ game.
if linton loses to lamoure, i think that south border will finally get the best of strasburg. strasburg has beat south border twice already this year and i could easily see south border winning this time around.

so im predicting linton vs strasburg in either the championship game or 3rd place game.
taveg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby poweraidman » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:41 pm

bballfan7 wrote:
poweraidman wrote:well pbk did beat Kulm which says something, plus they kept up with LaMoure till about the last 3 minutes, so i wouldnt doubht if they made it deep into this tourny, they have been playing really good ball right now, hopefully they can keep it up.

I'm not saying pbk is a bad team they are obviously playing some good ball right now if they beat the three seed and the two seed out of their district to make it to the district championship game. Just not seeing why you say beating kulm says something not that they are a bad team but like i said earlier i dont think pbk can beat linton, strasburg or steele-dawson just my opinion. But if you look at it the only team of those three that pbk played was steele-dawson and steele beat them, but it was early in january. As for beating kulm, so did steele, linton, and strasburg, the 3 teams i said that i dont think can beat them. Yes sticking with lamoure til 3 minutes left in the game is something, but the kulm comparison doesn't mean much just because the other three also beat them.

if kulm was the number 2 seed it means something, they only lost to steele by 1, and didnt lose by much to linton, or strasburg im pretty sure about that, i wouldnt put it past pbk to beat south border, thats if they keep up the way they have been playing.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan7 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:11 pm

poweraidman wrote:
bballfan7 wrote:

if kulm was the number 2 seed it means something, they only lost to steele by 1, and didnt lose by much to linton, or strasburg im pretty sure about that, i wouldnt put it past pbk to beat south border, thats if they keep up the way they have been playing.

if you read my post earlier i said that they could knock off south border its just my opinion that they couldnt beat steele linton strasburg and if i remember right the steele vs kulm game was 6 in kulm and kulm is one of the most difficult places to play in the state for an offense that relies on spacing.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:12 pm

What do you guys think about the Strasburg-LMM game. I think this could be one of the best games of the opening round. These two teams played a couple weeks ago, and the game came down to the last seconds. I tihnk this a game to keep an eye on.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsguy2 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:26 pm

hoopsstar2391 wrote:What do you guys think about the Strasburg-LMM game. I think this could be one of the best games of the opening round. These two teams played a couple weeks ago, and the game came down to the last seconds. I tihnk this a game to keep an eye on.

it should be a good one....but i think in every game in this first round the teams are fairly evenly matched. i think every single game the lower seed has a possibility to come out on top..even steele has a shot but i think that lamoure will win that one
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Philnerius21 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:28 am

The steele-lamoure game could be a blow-out or it could be the one of the best games in the tourney, but ill take the favorite on this match-up. What I really wanna see is stroh's haircut from steele. I guess its an eye catcher according to word of mouth haha
Philnerius21

Postby baseball » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:01 am

i dont konw how wild it could be....olsen is pretty tough about looking presentable. if a person has some facial hair he makes them shave and even brings a razor to the games if they didnt do it at home. id have a hard time believe he let stroh do anything to out of the ordinary...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby poweraidman » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:04 am

well like i said earlier, its gonna be a tossup, probly one of the most evenly matched tourneys iv seen in a long time, i wouldnt be suprised on who won in any game really, i would be suprised if LaMoure did lose their first game, but then yet i really wouldn't. It all depends on how randalls teammates play.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Iron Scope » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:10 am

Watkins defending Randall is an intriguing matchup.
If Watkins can do what he did to Marshall LaMoure should be just fine, if not look for the upset.
Then another factor will be Shockman if he can handle Randall, who I am guessing will guard him......And if the refs are going to call 2 quick "hand checks" on Shockman. :lol:
Iron Scope

Postby baller01 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:24 pm

Philnerius21 wrote:The steele-lamoure game could be a blow-out or it could be the one of the best games in the tourney, but ill take the favorite on this match-up. What I really wanna see is stroh's haircut from steele. I guess its an eye catcher according to word of mouth haha

All he did was shave it...
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan7 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:58 pm

baller01 wrote:
Philnerius21 wrote:The steele-lamoure game could be a blow-out or it could be the one of the best games in the tourney, but ill take the favorite on this match-up. What I really wanna see is stroh's haircut from steele. I guess its an eye catcher according to word of mouth haha

All he did was shave it...

wow what an eye catcher
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:22 pm

i hope its just really short and not shaved balled....noone is crazy enough to do that...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Philnerius21 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:59 pm

baseball wrote:i hope its just really short and not shaved balled....noone is crazy enough to do that...

Yeah i guess i heard it was bald haha, but some people's definition of shaved and bald can be completely opposite....knowin stroh he's crazy enough to do it lol
Philnerius21

Postby poweraidman » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:05 pm

should be interesting to see haha
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hp fan » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:14 pm

Is the basketball in this region that bad that all we have to talk about it some kids hair (or lack there of)???

Just kidding, I would like to know if any of you guys think LaMoure will get beat. Seems to me they are a little ahead of the rest of the region. But after them it is extremely balanced
hp fan

Postby bballfan7 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:34 pm

hp fan wrote:Is the basketball in this region that bad that all we have to talk about it some kids hair (or lack there of)???

Just kidding, I would like to know if any of you guys think LaMoure will get beat. Seems to me they are a little ahead of the rest of the region. But after them it is extremely balanced

Well linton beat them by 4 just a few weeks ago, and that is a possible second round matchup.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Boys