State Predictions

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

State Predictions

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:02 am

Now that all the regional tournaments are set, lets see who can pick the 8 teams heading to the big dance.

Region 1 - Lisbon over Hankinson in a memorable game
Region 2 - Grafton over HN in a surprisingly close contest
Region 3 - Lamoure over South Border to finally make it to state
Region 4 - MS over ML in a classic defensive battle
Region 5 - TLM over Wilton to show off their high power offense
Region 6 - Dunseith over Minot Ryan in a slight upset
Region 7 - Killdeer over RT so everyone gets to see Dufualt's talent
Region 8 - WC over Newtown in another tight game
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Re: State Predictions

Postby jtdc492 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:16 am

ndlionsfan wrote:Now that all the regional tournaments are set, lets see who can pick the 8 teams heading to the big dance.

Sounds about right, but I would love to see Mauch get to showcase his talent at the "B" again so I'm pulling for Hankinson. Dunsieth over Ryan would be great for those kids. Does anyone come close to upsetting WC in the regionals? Wouldn't Dufault and Mauch be a matchup to see?-one for the ages!
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby bluedevils_4 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:02 pm

that would make for a fun state tournament
bluedevils_4
NDPreps Starter

Postby EagleFan#5 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:12 pm

These picks seem fairly close however I wouldn't bet the farm on Grafton making it. They have to go through NB or DP and NB is one of the few teams that has beat them so far this year. They are a very good team and I won't argue that they are in the hunt, but I won't count out anyone in their bracket just yet
EagleFan#5

Postby project-pat » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:13 pm

Killdeer will have to put 3 good days of basketball together next week, but I don't think Dufault will be capable of putting up 40 points and 20 boards a game in order to do that....OK EVERYBODY CALL ME A DUFAULT HATER NOW.....I just don't see them making it with how balanced region 7 is....3 days of TEAM basketball will be needed to make it out of this region alive...
project-pat

Postby luckyinlife » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:33 pm

project-pat wrote:Killdeer will have to put 3 good days of basketball together next week, but I don't think Dufault will be capable of putting up 40 points and 20 boards a game in order to do that....OK EVERYBODY CALL ME A DUFAULT HATER NOW.....I just don't see them making it with how balanced region 7 is....3 days of TEAM basketball will be needed to make it out of this region alive...

With 4 very good teams in the top bracket of region 7, I can see some emotional games being played. The question is, will the team from the top bracket have anything left for the finals? It will take tremendous discipline. IMO though, if Killdeer makes it to the finals they can beat Trinity. In a stall offense like Trinity plays, it only takes one great player to beat them. But it takes coaching to get that great player the looks he needs to get the job done. Pat may say that is team ball and maybe it is.

What a great regional you guys have to look forward to.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:20 pm

For all we know...Dufault's high school career could be over in the first round....
project-pat

Postby baseball » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:11 pm

project-pat wrote:For all we know...Dufault's high school career could be over in the first round....

for all we know....Dufault's high school career coudl end with a state championship too.....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Playa_Hata10 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:16 pm

project-pat wrote:Killdeer will have to put 3 good days of basketball together next week, but I don't think Dufault will be capable of putting up 40 points and 20 boards a game in order to do that....OK EVERYBODY CALL ME A DUFAULT HATER NOW.....I just don't see them making it with how balanced region 7 is....3 days of TEAM basketball will be needed to make it out of this region alive...

I agree completely with pat...someone's gonna stop them....and i dont even think r/t is gonna make it to the championship game.
Playa_Hata10

Postby chevyman11 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:26 pm

Playa_Hata10 wrote:

I agree completely with pat...someone's gonna stop them....and i dont even think r/t is gonna make it to the championship game.

Someone will stop them and I have to agree with Play_hata that R/T is not going to make it to the championship game. IMO (as much as I dont like to say this and wish a different team would come out of this region) Trinity is going back...again.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:44 pm

baseball wrote:
project-pat wrote:For all we know...Dufault's high school career could be over in the first round....

for all we know....Dufault's high school career coudl end with a state championship too.....

for all we know...it could...I wish him the best of luck in one of the most balanced region 7 tournaments we've ever seen....

Trinity will be playing for the title on thursday night....the top half of the bracket has some fighting to do to get there.
project-pat

Postby Sioux » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:38 pm

jtdc492 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Now that all the regional tournaments are set, lets see who can pick the 8 teams heading to the big dance.

Sounds about right, but I would love to see Mauch get to showcase his talent at the "B" again so I'm pulling for Hankinson. Dunsieth over Ryan would be great for those kids. Does anyone come close to upsetting WC in the regionals? Wouldn't Dufault and Mauch be a matchup to see?-one for the ages!

Watford City will definitly have to play to get out of this Region..It will be close.
Sioux

Postby MGUNVILLE » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:49 pm

If Dunseith and Ryan meet in the championship and Dunseith wins I don't think you could call it an upset, Dunseith already beat them in the regular season, and has a very capable team to go all the way to the state championship.
MGUNVILLE

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:08 pm

Lets see a few more predictions on the eight region champions. See who can get the most right before any region games start.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:12 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Lets see a few more predictions on the eight region champions. See who can get the most right before any region games start.

Region 1- Richland
Region 2- North Border
Region 3- Lamoure
Region 4- Minnewauken-Leeds
Region 5- Turtle-Lake Mercer
Region 6- Minot Ryan
Region 7- Killdeer
Region 8- Parshall

you gotta go with some upsets:)
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:36 pm

Region 1-Lisbon
Region 2-Grafton
Region 3-Lamoure
Region 4-M-S
Region 5-TLM
Region 6-Ryan
Region 7-Dickinson Trinity
Region 8-Watford City
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby forloveofthegame » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:58 pm

Yes actually Dunseith beating Ryan would be an upset. Regardless of what has happened earlier in the season, an unranked team beating the 2nd ranked team in the state is the definition of an upset.
forloveofthegame
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sioux » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:35 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Lets see a few more predictions on the eight region champions. See who can get the most right before any region games start.

Region 1- Richland
Region 2- North Border
Region 3- Lamoure
Region 4- Minnewauken-Leeds
Region 5- Turtle-Lake Mercer
Region 6- Minot Ryan
Region 7- Killdeer
Region 8- Parshall

you gotta go with some upsets:)

Parshall may not get out of the first round, however if they beat Watford in the semi's I feel you may be right..
Sioux

Postby Region 8 Fan » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:52 pm

#1 Hankinson
#2 North Border
#3 Lamoure
#4 ML
#5Turtle Lake
#6 Minot Ryan
#7 Trinity - Never bet against thse guys!
#8 Parshall

We need a few upsets to keep it interesting!
Region 8 Fan

Postby Iron Scope » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:00 am

Wouldn't it be exciting to see Dufault, Shockman, and Mauch go head to head?
Mauch is a 6'4 forward, Dufault's a 6'8 forward, Shockman is a 6'7 post who is extremely quick and fast enough to play guard.
If they did go head to head where would they meet in state?
Iron Scope

Postby silentbob » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:17 am

Region 8 Fan wrote:#1 Hankinson
#2 North Border
#3 Lamoure
#4 ML
#5Turtle Lake
#6 Minot Ryan
#7 Trinity - Never bet against thse guys!
#8 Parshall

We need a few upsets to keep it interesting!

No doubt in my mind Trinity will make it back. These guys know how to put 3 good games together, and have been doing it every year for the last 7.
silentbob
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MGUNVILLE » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:25 am

DUNSEITH BEATING RYAN WOULD NOT BE AN UPSET. THE GUYS VOTING IN THE POLLS DON'T EVEN SEE MOST OF THE TEAMS PLAY. WHAT DICTIONARY DID YOU FIND THE DEFINITION OF AN UPSET.
MGUNVILLE

Postby ndsportsfan00 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:37 am

MGUNVILLE wrote:DUNSEITH BEATING RYAN WOULD NOT BE AN UPSET. THE GUYS VOTING IN THE POLLS DON'T EVEN SEE MOST OF THE TEAMS PLAY. WHAT DICTIONARY DID YOU FIND THE DEFINITION OF AN UPSET.

Typing in all caps means you are yelling. Is that necessary? You are still wrong by the way.
Do you follow sports at all? I guarantee you are incorrect with this statement.
Anyone else think so? What is the definition of an upset?
ndsportsfan00

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:38 am

ndsportsfan00 wrote:
MGUNVILLE wrote:DUNSEITH BEATING RYAN WOULD NOT BE AN UPSET. THE GUYS VOTING IN THE POLLS DON'T EVEN SEE MOST OF THE TEAMS PLAY. WHAT DICTIONARY DID YOU FIND THE DEFINITION OF AN UPSET.

Typing in all caps means you are yelling. Is that necessary? You are still wrong by the way.
Do you follow sports at all? I guarantee you are incorrect with this statement.
Anyone else think so? What is the definition of an upset?

i actually agree with him, i dont think it would be an upset, cause they've already beat them. and the polls in ND dont mean anything
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby MGUNVILLE » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:45 am

*Edited by mod and warned* I was only making a point didn't mean to yell. Sorry for ofending you.
MGUNVILLE

Next

Return to Boys