State Predictions

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: State Predictions

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:56 am

MGUNVILLE wrote:Bballfan must be a girl taking things personal. I was only making a point didn't mean to yell. Sorry for ofending you.

okay how? all i did was agree that it would not be an upset? i wasnt the one disagreeing with you dude?
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby MGUNVILLE » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:03 pm

Sorry bballfan my bad. Should have been directed toward ndsportsfan. She's the girl.
MGUNVILLE

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:04 pm

MGUNVILLE wrote:Sorry bballfan my bad. Should have been directed toward ndsportsfan. She's the girl.

haha k, thats what i thought, you confused me
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndsportsfan00 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:15 pm

Listen, I am not offended. Just annoyed by the all caps, don't feel it helps get your point across, that's all.
Forget that you don't agree with the polls. In any sport when a team that is ranked above another team gets beat, it is, by definition, an upset. Forget your personal feelings about your team or the polls, I am just going with the standard definition.
ndsportsfan00

Postby greatest » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:21 pm

MGUNVILLE wrote:DUNSEITH BEATING RYAN WOULD NOT BE AN UPSET. THE GUYS VOTING IN THE POLLS DON'T EVEN SEE MOST OF THE TEAMS PLAY. WHAT DICTIONARY DID YOU FIND THE DEFINITION OF AN UPSET.

Another arrogant post from mgunville - Ryan is hands down a better team than Dunseith , although Dunseith did beat them in the reg. season . I also feel that the state rankings down mean anything , but it just gives recognition to some of the better teams in the state at the time .
The One and The Only, Quite Simply The GREATEST.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby MGUNVILLE » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:25 pm

Hey greatest what makes you such an expert. How is my being honest about the subject being arrogant?
MGUNVILLE

Postby ndsportsfan00 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:32 pm

Gunville-

Please reply to my last post.
ndsportsfan00

Postby MGUNVILLE » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:45 pm

I allready stated my point.
MGUNVILLE

Postby baseball » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:41 pm

MGUNVILLE wrote:Hey greatest what makes you such an expert. How is my being honest about the subject being arrogant?

if you question his "expertize?" when he disagrees with you....does that make you the "expert". just some curiosity i had when reading this topic.....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby PostPoster » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:43 pm

I would have to agree that it would be an upset. Dunseith has a worse record and is not ranked, which by my thinking would mean they are not the favorite. Granted, it would be a "slight upset" (which is how it was stated in the original post, I believe) because they do seem to match up pretty well from what I've heard. Gunville, by your logic, MLS beating Dunseith in the second round would not be an upset because they have already done it once this year. Would you agree with that?
PostPoster

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:46 pm

Very well put PostPoster...
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsportsfan00 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:10 pm

PostPoster-

Seems like you silenced Gunville.
ndsportsfan00

Postby Hunterlaf » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:12 pm

parshall is going to state thats all there is to it they can beat watford or new town so they got beat by them in the regular season, its a new season one and done isn't it?
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby westpower » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:47 pm

Hunterlaf wrote:parshall is going to state thats all there is to it they can beat watford or new town so they got beat by them in the regular season, its a new season one and done isn't it?

ok HUnter Lafromboise, u high school kid thats talking up your own team...... explain to me how u think this is going to happen. If this was last year i would agree but this year NO!!! they have gotten beat sop many times and are out of control. With just rudy and jalen, then rudy with such a big temper it just wont happen. You cant beat NT and WC is way too tuff. Im Not saying its impossible to beat Wc but it dont look good rite now. They seem to have what it takes to WIN and that is something special.
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby AAfootballfan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:57 pm

westpower wrote:
Hunterlaf wrote:parshall is going to state thats all there is to it they can beat watford or new town so they got beat by them in the regular season, its a new season one and done isn't it?

ok HUnter Lafromboise, u high school kid thats talking up your own team...... explain to me how u think this is going to happen. If this was last year i would agree but this year NO!!! they have gotten beat sop many times and are out of control. With just rudy and jalen, then rudy with such a big temper it just wont happen. You cant beat NT and WC is way too tuff. Im Not saying its impossible to beat Wc but it dont look good rite now. They seem to have what it takes to WIN and that is something special.

Westpower, why even respond to that nonsense??? Let all these kids keep talking on here and let the whole reservation cheer against the Wolves it doesn't matter. This won't be the first time that WC has had the whole gym cheering against them! Can't wait till next Thursday and all this nonsense will end!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hp fan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:11 pm

DId you guys already play the first rounds of your Regional Tourney?? :lol: Or is the rest of the region that weak that it is "guaranteed" it will be Parshall v. WC.
hp fan

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:15 pm

westpower wrote:

Geez, it's his opinion! Isn't that why we come on here to voice our opinions. Don't get your panties in a bunch over it!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:32 pm

theres a difference between voicing your opinion and being stupid about it (example - EK4MRBB).....of course every kid is gonna say their team is going to win state, but thats just what they want to happen. some of the stuff said on here cannot be a person honest opinion (Lindgren better then Shockman....come on)....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby kobe4mvp » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:21 pm

hp fan wrote:DId you guys already play the first rounds of your Regional Tourney?? :lol: Or is the rest of the region that weak that it is "guaranteed" it will be Parshall v. WC.

agreed don't count out trinity christain just yet. they're a solid team
kobe4mvp

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:04 am

This topic is about trying to predict the 8 teams that will make it to state this year. If you want to talk about a specific region, go to the topics about that region. Please make 8 predictions and we'll discuss those.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sioux » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:18 pm

kobe4mvp wrote:
hp fan wrote:DId you guys already play the first rounds of your Regional Tourney?? :lol: Or is the rest of the region that weak that it is "guaranteed" it will be Parshall v. WC.

agreed don't count out trinity christain just yet. they're a solid team

Trinity Christian vs Parshall in the first round, one will be going home after the first day.

From the mod - take this discussion to the Region 8 thread
Sioux

Postby hp fan » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:18 pm

1. Hankinson - Would love to see Mauch play at State
2. Grafton - Great title game between Grafton and NB
3. LaMoure - Want to see Shockman and Holen
4. Munich Starkweather
5. TLM - Great offense all year long
6. Ryan - Very solid team every year
7. Hazen - CAN SOMEONE STOP TRINITY???? (I pick hazen but I would put money on DT)
8. Watford City - #1 all year, gotta root for them to play against the best
(I think thier reg. season schedule helps them, They played a tough one)
hp fan

Postby toughregion2 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:23 pm

NB and Grafton can only meet in the semi's they are in the same bracket.
toughregion2

Postby hp fan » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:30 pm

toughregion2 wrote:NB and Grafton can only meet in the semi's they are in the same bracket.

Sorry I didn't know the braket. Them it will be a heck of a Semi Final game!!!!

Not to get too far off topic, (I don't know much about region2) but was there an upset in Districts that caused them to be in the same bracket?
hp fan

Postby toughregion2 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:40 pm

Cavalier Knocked off NB in the semis

Hatton Northwood knocked off Dakota Prairie
toughregion2

PreviousNext

Return to Boys