Region 4 Tourney

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 4 Tourney

Postby Vicarious » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:17 am

Vicarious wrote:I'l take M-L, SJ, M-S and FW in the opening round.

Well, I got 3 out of 4. Wish I would have been wrong on a different game, though. Congratulations to Coach Carlson and the Minnewaukan/Leeds Lions on a great season. It's been fun following you seniors throughout the years.
Vicarious
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:17 am

No kidding.....woodchuck I'm guessing you are the only person to pick the first round right. Let's see if SJ and FW advance tonight. If so, I'm having you fill out my NCAA brackets! I think that SJ Warwick game is going to be exciting.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby spalding23 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:33 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:FW wins by 2 with 2 FT with 5 seconds left....65-63. FW ends the game on a 16-6 run.

as a spectator of that game...four winds was getting every call and langdon was getting none...every time a four winds player would flop it would be a charge..and every time a langdon player did they got a block...not taking anything away from four winds their a good team but i think langdon played better and deserved to win the game...but thats just how it goes sometimes...good luck to the rest of the teams
spalding23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:05 pm

spalding23 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:FW wins by 2 with 2 FT with 5 seconds left....65-63. FW ends the game on a 16-6 run.

as a spectator of that game...i think langdon got screwed over by the refs...four winds was getting every call and langdon was getting none...every time a four winds player would flop it would be a charge..and every time a langdon player did they got a block...not taking anything away from four winds their a good team but i think langdon played better and deserved to win the game...but thats just how it goes sometimes...good luck to the rest of the teams

Your'e kidding right? Langdon was in the double bonus half way thru the 2nd quarter and Zach A had four fouls in the first Q. Overby had 3 at half time and never got one called against him even though he was over the back at least twice in the second half. Reffing works both ways and last nite was a good example of that. Also, never underestimate the heart of a champion!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby WildWarrior » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:58 pm

Get ready Boys here they come!!!!
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:37 pm

FW 64 MS 52! FW wore them out with the press in the first half and they were grasping for air half way thru the 3rd. Bets game FW has played all year. Ollie D was the man with 15 pts and 13 boards.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby BB11 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:37 pm

Congrats Coach Smith and Coach Frydlund - both very deserving - both had to overcome a lot of hurdles to get to this point. Congrats to players and coaches on both sides - should be a great game.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby bbplayer » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:30 pm

Region 4 is the weakest region in the state! Who ever comes out will get beat in first round of state b tourney!
bbplayer

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:59 pm

Region 4 is not the weakest in the state. Yeah, there is not one dominant team that has been rated all year, but there were 6-8 very good teams. I agree that the Region 4 rep will probably be playing in the consolation bracket, tho, because I think they match up with Region 3 - most likely Lamoure.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseballlvr » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:53 pm

bbplayer wrote:Region 4 is the weakest region in the state! Who ever comes out will get beat in first round of state b tourney!

come on, if you don't like our region, then don't come into our region 4 topic and bash it. Have you ever seen any region 4 games at all? If so, who were they matched up against
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

Postby B_Baller » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:09 am

baseballlvr wrote:
bbplayer wrote:Region 4 is the weakest region in the state! Who ever comes out will get beat in first round of state b tourney!

come on, if you don't like our region, then don't come into our region 4 topic and bash it. Have you ever seen any region 4 games at all? If so, who were they matched up against

WTH...you juss come and put down region 4 like that :evil: ???? I mean if you don't like region 4 then why did you even click on it.......well I bet your region is gonna win state......which region are you from anyway? :?:
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Postby all_around » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:03 am

nativegolfer wrote:
spalding23 wrote:

as a spectator of that game...i think langdon got screwed over by the refs...four winds was getting every call and langdon was getting none...every time a four winds player would flop it would be a charge..and every time a langdon player did they got a block...not taking anything away from four winds their a good team but i think langdon played better and deserved to win the game...but thats just how it goes sometimes...good luck to the rest of the teams

Your'e kidding right? Langdon was in the double bonus half way thru the 2nd quarter and Zach A had four fouls in the first Q. Overby had 3 at half time and never got one called against him even though he was over the back at least twice in the second half. Reffing works both ways and last nite was a good example of that. Also, never underestimate the heart of a champion!

*Edited by moderator - thou shalt not call out referees. Warned*
all_around

Postby woodchuck10 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:10 pm

why didnt Vernell Jackson play for warwick in the 3rd place game
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wchk4life » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:17 am

I just wanna say congrats to FW they played a good game the other night. The boys from St. John just didn't get the ball to fall in the way they needed, but its been a great ride and they have been one of the most fun teams to watch in both FB and BB. This was a great class and luckily we return 4 starters so they should be very competitive next year. Great season boys!
Wchk4life

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:10 am

I do agree, St John had a great ride this year. Young team. I think they will be right at the top of the region next year for sure. Too bad they had a very off night shooting. They are young, they will learn and it will only make them hungrier next year. Four Winds too, young team, man its going to be another long year in Region 4. Good luck to Rick and the boys in Fargo...
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDbballfan123 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:39 pm

to answer the question about vernell not playin, he got caught playin some amateur ball so he was ineligible for the game
NDbballfan123
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys