Region 1 Tournament

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 1 Tournament

Postby eastfan1 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:14 pm

http://www.valleynewslive-ondemand.com/

Go to there main page and click the tab called On Demand.
eastfan1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby itsmillertime » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:17 pm

its valleynewslive-ondemand.com
click on '' On Demand''
then click on 10;00 pm sports
itsmillertime

Postby berry186 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:36 pm

ClassBEast wrote:Congrats Lisbon on your win tonight. You were the better team. Represent Region 1 well!

The Squirrels stuck with them until the middle of the 3rd quarter when Carlblom dunked the ball and hung on the rim for a few seconds twisting his body and showing off a little. Coach Roesler wanted a technical for that and was arguing with a ref when a different ref came from across the floor and called a technical on him. It was all downhill from there, Lisbon made all their freethrows, the refs called a flagrant foul on us (bad call), Lisbon start draining all of their outside shots and Central Cass kind of lost it. Lisbon is a good team and will do well next weekend.

Congrats to Coach Roesler for getting Region 1 Coach of the Year! You deserve it! You took a team that was supposed to not make it out of districts and ended the season as the regional runner-up and only 5 losses on the season. We will be back next year in the hunt again for a trip to state!

woow if you think carlblom was hanging on the rim then you didnt see it very well that was a nice dunk and he just showed emotion running down the court
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassBEast » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:41 pm

itsmillertime wrote:I need to reply on the statement of Carlblom's dunk and saying he showed off by swinging on the rim for a few seconds, go to kvly tv 11, see the video. It was a wonderful momentum changing play, not showing off as far as my eyes have seem. Hes a talented young man, not a show off. Ask Jamie Mauch what he thought of that move, it was greatttttttttttttttt.
The technical foul on cc coach was called because he was on the court, thats the rule.
Give Lisbon credit for playing a very good defensive game, they frustrated cc.
Great free throw shooting 22 out of 28
Last night they were clearly the better team .
CC had a great season though.
Don't count out the Broncos against Grafton on thursday, they are playing some great team basketball.
Their 3 loses are to Lamoure, Hankinson, Richland all rated in the top ten. They also avenged Hankinson and Richland and LaMoure is in the tourney.

WONDERFUL JOB LISBON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give us more............

Yeah, when I saw it on TV last night it didn't seem like he was up there as long as when it happened live and right in front of me. He was up there longer than he needed to be. It was definately a momentum changer, that is for sure.

A few responses... I don't really care what Mauch thought about the dunk. Also, I think I did give credit to Lisbon for being the better team. CC was outplayed last night. Just look at the box score, many of our big scorers didn't score one point. Good luck to Lisbon and I hope you beat Grafton Thursday night.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby itsmillertime » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:11 pm

Mauch's reaction was one good athlete cheering for a great play. Shows he's a real bb fan of the game.
Yes you gave Lisbon credit
I know your big scorers didn't score, that was Lisbon's d-fenses fault.
itsmillertime

Postby rep » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:14 pm

umm...yeah...anyone who thinks carlblom was hanging on the rim there really should take off the fan boi glasses. unless the footage was superimposed with something else, it didn't look like he was doing anything wrong there.
rep

Postby ClassBEast » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:41 pm

rep wrote:umm...yeah...anyone who thinks carlblom was hanging on the rim there really should take off the fan boi glasses. unless the footage was superimposed with something else, it didn't look like he was doing anything wrong there.

Sigh... like I said, it looked different live and up close. I had a CLEAR view of it (not from the other end of the court like on the news). I immediately turned to a friend and said "Can he do that? Isn't that a technical?" Anyway, it doesn't really matter now. I'm sure we'll see a few more next weekend on TV. That is my last word on the Carlblom dunk!

BTW, what are "fan boi" glasses? I get you mean that I am biased because I was rooting for Central Cass, but I guess I have never heard of the term??
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby busch3434 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:48 pm

I was at the games that night and first off....Jamie Mauch is one of the top players hands down and he showed it. Never have I seen a kid shoot three point shots so easily and he made them look effortless. One shot that was off by a bit he was a good 6 feet behind the line and had two defenders on him, still had a good look and good shot. Also, you need to congratulate the kid on becoming the 5th leading rebounder in Class B Boys Basketball. He also set a record for three's in a game for his school at 6. Now my old school is a rival of Hankinson but he grew up a few miles away from me. All the Mauch boys were good players but he was by far the best and I wish the kid luck at NDSCS..

Now to the dunk, if you watch a bit more closely you would have noticed this. Carlblom had a defender chasing him the whole time and if he let go right away he would have landed on him and possibly could have been injured. And in a game that big he had every right to show emotion like that, especially getting knocked out of the first round of regions the last couple years. I also know the ref that gave the technical, and he doesn't stand for anything that the CC coach was doing and got after him about it. That coach should have been worrying about his own player wanting to go after another Lisbon kid because they got tangled up. He should have been trying to stop that instead of complaining about the rim hanging...because that could have had larger implications. Even if the dunk was called a technical, the damage had been done and the momentum had already changed. Congrats to Lisbon and I hope they do good at state, region 1 sure needs it.
busch3434
NDPreps Starter

Postby adriana » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:06 pm

I was also at the game...and i also wasnt on the other end of the court. He didnt hang on the rim any longer than necessary..had he let go sooner he would have indeed fallen on the central cass player behind him. It was a good call on his part, and a nice dunk. Good luck at state!
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby builttolast » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:31 pm

Logan did not hang on the rim anymore then he needed to. He dunks it, and then waits for his feet to get back under him. If he didn't he would've landed right on his back or on that other player.

I was surprised at how the Central Cass fans acted, especially the adults. Its one thing for the kids to scream and yell during free throws, but the adults too? I would've not been proud to be apart of that school. I that the news paper thing was pretty child-ish as well. Oh well, I guess they will all have time to read the paper next weekend since they wont have to watch their team at the state tourney.
builttolast

Postby number_one_fan » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:44 pm

AMEN to that builttolast
number_one_fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Claz B Fan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:15 pm

Coach Roesler from Central Cass had been on the refs all tournament and he kinda had it coming to him...but Congrats Lisbon Broncos hopefully your coaches will be better prepared then they were for State Football and best of luck at state
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby keips » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:37 pm

ClassBEast wrote:
sportsmart wrote:Well it is a mixed up region. Lisbon killed CC. Hankinson killed Lisbon. Lisbon and Richland were very close. Richland and Hankinson was close and the last Richland and CC was close. Could go any teams way. I will take Lisbon and Hankinson in championship with Hankinson by 6.

Central Cass has beaten Richland twice and took Hankinson into overtime. They are hoping to get another shot at Lisbon, who will [b]not beat them by 15 a second time. I guarentee it.
[/b]

Good Call!
keips

Previous

Return to Boys