Region 1 Tournament

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 1 Tournament

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:13 am

ClassBEast wrote:
tellmeaboutit wrote:Living in the SW part of the state I hear a lot about Hankinson, especially the Mauch kid. How is their coaching staff? How are the "role players"? Or is it just a one man show?

I think Mauch may have had 29 points tonight, but Derek Drege did an excellent job of defending him in the first half. I must say that I was a little surprised at what a complainer Mauch is. He complains to the refs when he gets a foul or a turnover, he complains to his coach when something doesn't go his way, and the most surprising, he complains to his teammates when they don't get him the ball. Sorry, things didn't go your way Mauch (not really), but good luck next year in Wahpeton.

when you say complaining, i dont see it as complaining. it just looked like he was asking what happened on the play. every player is guilty of getting upset after calls, and Jamie Mauch has a lot of class and is not a complainer. As for not getting him the ball, i thought there were way to many possessions where he was not involved. Had it not been for mauch this game would've been a blow out. He brought Hankinson back within reach. There was a point with about 5 minutes left where they gave him the ball and it was automatic points. Central Cass played very tough and hit HUGE shots at the end of the game. That bank shot 3 at the end of the first half was the difference in the score:)
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ClassBEast » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:13 am

Champs go down
Heath Hotzler, The Forum
Published Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Central Cass boys basketball coach Troy Roesler is going to need a full day of rest after this one.

The Squirrels won a back-and-forth battle with defending region champion Hankinson 58-56 at the Fargo Civic Center on Tuesday to advance to the North Dakota Class B, Region 1 finals.

Central Cass will play Lisbon at 7:45 p.m. on Thursday at the Civic Center for a berth in the state tournament.

“It’s unbelievable,” Roesler said. “When you are this old and out of shape you should not play these close games. It was fun basketball.”

The game hung in the balance until the final buzzer.

Hankinson forced a turnover with the Squirrels clinging to a 58-56 lead and 3.3 seconds on the clock.

The Pirates got the ball into the hands of senior Jamie Mauch, who dribbled the ball off his foot and out of bounds.

Game over. Squirrels win.

But Mauch’s miscue couldn’t overshadow an unbelievable performance by the senior forward.

Mauch single-handedly brought Hankinson to the brink of victory with 21 points in the second half. He had 16 in the third quarter, including three consecutive 3-pointers that put the Pirates ahead 47-45 with 4:43 remaining.

“Jamie Mauch is such a quality basketball player,” Roesler said. “He never gives up, he never quits. That showed tonight.”

The Squirrels built a 22-16 lead early in the second half with strong perimeter shooting.

However, Mauch battled out of a first-quarter funk to bring Hankinson back.

Mauch, who had eight points in the second quarter, hit a 3-pointer with 1:25 remaining in the first half to tie the game at 26-26.

Derek Jacobson banked in a fade-away 3-pointer at the buzzer to put the Squirrels ahead 29-26 at halftime.

“If we play them 10 times, I think it’s 5-5,” Roesler said. “Those are the kind of games where you hate to see someone lose.”

Central Cass 17 29 39 58

Hankinson 14 26 36 56

CENTRAL CASS: Sinner 3 3-3 10, Hendrickson 5 2-2 12, Voss 3 0-0 8, Steit 1 0-0 2, Jacobson 3 1-2 10, Drege 2 4-5 8, Ausk 3 0-0 6, Waldahl 1 0-2 2. Totals: 21 10-14 58.

HANKINSON: Mauch 12 2-3 31, A. Althoff 6 0-1 12, Hangaard 1 0-0 2, B. Althoff 0 1-2 1, Stein 1 0-0 2, Krump 3 1-2 7, Beach 1 0-0 3. Totals: 23 4-8 56.

3-point goals: Sinner, Voss 2, Jacobson 3, Mauch 5, Beach. Total fouls: CC 13, H 16. Fouled out: Drege. Rebounds: CC 22 (Waldahl 6), H 25 (B. Althoff, Mauch 6).

Lisbon 55, Richland 51

Lisbon’s guards helped provide an early lead Tuesday. However, it was the Broncos’ posts that finished things off.

Logan Carlblom, Nathan Dykema and Dillon Bishop each had a hand in a decisive third-quarter run that helped Lisbon defeat Richland 55-51.

“We switched up our offense and we were able to get the ball inside to Logan and the other guys in the post,” Lisbon coach Kim Mark said. “Logan had some big baskets in the second half. I thought that was key.”

The Broncos came out hot from the perimeter, streaking to a 19-10 first-quarter lead on the hot shooting of guard Jordan Lee and Carlblom.

Richland opened the second quarter with a 12-0 run to take a 22-19 advantage.

Lisbon bounced right back with nine unanswered points to go ahead 28-22 with 1:56 on the clock.

Colts senior guard Jacob Thompson banked a 3-pointer before the buzzer to cut Lisbon’s lead to 28-27 at halftime.

Lee, who drilled a pair of 3-pointers, had eight points at the break. Carlblom had seven points in the first quarter.

Thompson had 11 of his team’s 17 points in the second quarter.

“I thought we did a nice job defensively,” Mark said. “But Thompson is just tough.”

The Broncos opened the third quarter with an 11-2 run to go ahead 39-29.

Carlblom had four and Dykema five during Lisbon’s streak.

The Broncos pushed the lead to 13 points in the fourth before Thompson caught fire from the perimeter.

Thompson scored 10 points in the fourth quarter, drilling two of his six 3-pointers in the final stanza.

Thompson’s final trey cut Lisbon’s lead to 52-48 with 26 seconds remaining in the game.

The Broncos hit 10 of 13 free throws in the fourth to seal the win.

“I thought we held on to win the game,” said Mark, whose team was defeated by Richland by a single point during the regular season. “When we played them in Richland, we missed those free throws that would have won it. We hit them this time.”

Lisbon 19 28 43 55

Richland 10 27 31 51

LISBON: Hiam 1 0-0 3, Lee 3 5-6 13, Reinke 1 4-7 6, Bishop 2 0-0 4, Carlblom 7 2-2 17, Dykema 5 2-3 12. Totals: 19 13-18 55.

RICHLAND: J. Johnson 1 0-0 2, Thompson 8 2-2 24, Erbes 5 1-2 13, Casperson 1 0-0 2, C. Johnson 1 0-0 2, Bachman 4 0-0 8. Totals: 20 3-4 51.

3-point goals: Hiam, Lee 2, Carlblom, Thompson 6, Erbes 2. Total fouls: L 7, R 17. Fouled out: Bachman. Rebounds: L 18 (Dykema 8, R 26 (Erbes 12). Assists: L 13 (Lee 7), R 13 (J. Johnson, Casperson 4).
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ClassBEast » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:53 am

BballFan1307 wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:
tellmeaboutit wrote:Living in the SW part of the state I hear a lot about Hankinson, especially the Mauch kid. How is their coaching staff? How are the "role players"? Or is it just a one man show?

I think Mauch may have had 29 points tonight, but Derek Drege did an excellent job of defending him in the first half. I must say that I was a little surprised at what a complainer Mauch is. He complains to the refs when he gets a foul or a turnover, he complains to his coach when something doesn't go his way, and the most surprising, he complains to his teammates when they don't get him the ball. Sorry, things didn't go your way Mauch (not really), but good luck next year in Wahpeton.

when you say complaining, i dont see it as complaining. it just looked like he was asking what happened on the play. every player is guilty of getting upset after calls, and Jamie Mauch has a lot of class and is not a complainer. As for not getting him the ball, i thought there were way to many possessions where he was not involved. Had it not been for mauch this game would've been a blow out. He brought Hankinson back within reach. There was a point with about 5 minutes left where they gave him the ball and it was automatic points. Central Cass played very tough and hit HUGE shots at the end of the game. That bank shot 3 at the end of the first half was the difference in the score:)

I have no doubt that Jamie Mauch is a good kid and I know he is a great player, I just expect a leader to be a role model and not complain about EVERY call that did not go his way. Just swallow the mistake, move on and try to be positive for your team. It got old.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby digger » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:19 am

The two best teams won last night and will be playing for the championship on Thursday. Lisbon and Central Cass are the deepest and most balanced teams in the region. Good ball movement, good team defense, multiple guys that can contribute in various ways. Guard edge goes to Central Cass, inside edge goes to Lisbon. Looking forward to a great game.
In regard to Jamie Mauch. I've had the pleasure of watching him play 10-12 times over the past three years, great God given ability, works his tail off, great competitor. Didn't rely on just his physical gifts, he worked to make himself better; he obviously worked on his outside jumper heading into this year. Watching him play brought to my mind Scott Guldseth of Edinburgh in the 80's. Scott was ahead of his time athletically, style of play, he brought an excitement to the gym every night, you knew you were likely in for something special. Guldseth is on most everybody's short list of best players in ND basketball history, I'm not saying Mauch is at that level. But for him to make me think of Guldseth is saying something. Having a player that talented is a double edged sword, especially on a team that is not overly deep. You should rely on him, but how much is too much? Great competitor, great high school career, it was always enjoyable to watch him play.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby homer » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:47 am

i think anyone who has said that mauch and thompson are lucky didnt see them shoot last night. should probably have acouple buckets of ice to cool their arms off on thurs. night should be a shooting exhibition. maybe they will guard eachother.
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:23 pm

ClassBEast wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:

I have no doubt that Jamie Mauch is a good kid and I know he is a great player, I just expect a leader to be a role model and not complain about EVERY call that did not go his way. Just swallow the mistake, move on and try to be positive for your team. It got old.

he didnt complain....:S , he was asking the refs what he did wrong and it only happened a couple of times.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ClassBEast » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:17 pm

"he didnt complain....:S , he was asking the refs what he did wrong and it only happened a couple of times."

OK, we must have been watching different games. :wink: From my perspective (which is granted, the perspective of someone who wanted Hankinson to lose), he argued every call. I also saw him throw his arms up in disgust when his teammates didn't pass him the ball. Like I stated before, he is a GREAT player, no question. I just didn't like the way he carried himself last night.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsmart » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:04 pm

Enough already...Hankinson is finished. What are we thinking is going to happen on Thursday to go to state?
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBEast » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:31 pm

sportsmart wrote:Enough already...Hankinson is finished. What are we thinking is going to happen on Thursday to go to state?

Agreed!

Central Cass is going to avenge their regular season loss to Lisbon and make the well-deserved trip to state. They are the underdog (just look around this site, no one is picking them to win). I think they have the heart, the talent and the work ethic to do it. Coach Roesler has done a superb job his first year as head coach of the Squirrels.

It should be a great game, and regardless of who wins, Region 1 will be well-represented at the state B.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby heartstopper » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:21 pm

someone explain Central Cass to me, how did they beat Hankinson last night? Where did these guys come from?
heartstopper

Postby homer » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:29 pm

they will be very good next year also dont lose alot
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBEast » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:38 pm

heartstopper wrote:someone explain Central Cass to me, how did they beat Hankinson last night? Where did these guys come from?

I think because we had such a strong region -- Hankinson, Lisbon and Richland -- who were all 3 ranked most of the year, everyone forgot about Central Cass. We have only lost 4 games (Valley City by 1, Lisbon, North Sargeant, and Hankinson -- which was avenged last night). Central Cass took the # 1 seed going into District 2, and came out of that district as champions. We beat Richland both in the regular season and in the district championship game. We have a well-balanced team.. Coach Roesler plays 10 players and no one is selfish, no one sticks out as the "star." Plus, it helps that we only have one player in the top 10 that is under 6'. Our starters are 6'4", 6'2", 6'1", 6'1" and 6'6". I think they are well-coached and well-disciplined and that has taken them far. We will see if it takes them past tomorrow night... I hope so!
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby east5840 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:48 pm

Plus, it helps that we only have one player in the top 10 that is under 6'. Our starters are 6'4", 6'2", 6'1", 6'1" and 6'6". I think they are well-coached and well-disciplined and that has taken them far. We will see if it takes them past tomorrow night... I hope so!

Lisbon goes 6'5", 6'5" 6'1", 6', 6'2" so its pretty even, and it should be a really good game im excited to watch it unflod.
east5840
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:58 am

east5840 wrote:Plus, it helps that we only have one player in the top 10 that is under 6'. Our starters are 6'4", 6'2", 6'1", 6'1" and 6'6". I think they are well-coached and well-disciplined and that has taken them far. We will see if it takes them past tomorrow night... I hope so!

Lisbon goes 6'5", 6'5" 6'1", 6', 6'2" so its pretty even, and it should be a really good game im excited to watch it unflod.

How deep is Lisbon? Cause Central Cass is a very deep team.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Metron12610 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:45 pm

cubsfan wrote:
east5840 wrote:Plus, it helps that we only have one player in the top 10 that is under 6'. Our starters are 6'4", 6'2", 6'1", 6'1" and 6'6". I think they are well-coached and well-disciplined and that has taken them far. We will see if it takes them past tomorrow night... I hope so!

How deep is Lisbon? Cause Central Cass is a very deep team.

It also doesn't hurt either lisbon or Central Cass that they have the biggest enrollments. Not to take away from anything either one of them has done, they both have good kids and are well coached. Central Cass will win if lisbon doesn't shoot well from outside. Prediction Lisbon 58 Central Cass 52. Hope I'm wrong.
The first game of the night, Hankinson vs Richland, might be ugly. I'm guessing lots of three's and not much D. Might be fun to watch Mauch and Thompson though in their final game with no pressure and not a lot of D.
Metron12610
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ClassBEast » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:15 pm

Congrats Lisbon on your win tonight. You were the better team. Represent Region 1 well!

The Squirrels stuck with them until the middle of the 3rd quarter when Carlblom dunked the ball and hung on the rim for a few seconds twisting his body and showing off a little. Coach Roesler wanted a technical for that and was arguing with a ref when a different ref came from across the floor and called a technical on him. It was all downhill from there, Lisbon made all their freethrows, the refs called a flagrant foul on us (bad call), Lisbon start draining all of their outside shots and Central Cass kind of lost it. Lisbon is a good team and will do well next weekend.

Congrats to Coach Roesler for getting Region 1 Coach of the Year! You deserve it! You took a team that was supposed to not make it out of districts and ended the season as the regional runner-up and only 5 losses on the season. We will be back next year in the hunt again for a trip to state!
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby adriana » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:29 pm

ClassBEast wrote:Congrats Lisbon on your win tonight. You were the better team. Represent Region 1 well!

The Squirrels stuck with them until the middle of the 3rd quarter when Carlblom dunked the ball and hung on the rim for a few seconds twisting his body and showing off a little. Coach Roesler wanted a technical for that and was arguing with a ref when a different ref came from across the floor and called a technical on him. It was all downhill from there, Lisbon made all their freethrows, the refs called a flagrant foul on us (bad call), Lisbon start draining all of their outside shots and Central Cass kind of lost it. Lisbon is a good team and will do well next weekend.

Congrats to Coach Roesler for getting Region 1 Coach of the Year! You deserve it! You took a team that was supposed to not make it out of districts and ended the season as the regional runner-up and only 5 losses on the season. We will be back next year in the hunt again for a trip to state!

I definitely expected it to be a closer game...but you're right, up until that dunk and technical it was pretty close. Nice dunk though haha. Lisbon will beat Grafton next week.
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:27 am

ClassBEast wrote:Congrats Lisbon on your win tonight. You were the better team. Represent Region 1 well!

they were supposed to make it out of districts....they got 4th last year and lost one player...they were probabaly the favorite coming into the year
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby booyah » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:33 am

BballFan1307 wrote:

they were supposed to make it out of districts....they got 4th last year and lost one player...they were probabaly the favorite coming into the year

and they got 2nd this year and they only lose 2 or 3 players....there gonna be good.
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby east5840 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:48 am

booyah wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:Congrats Lisbon on your win
tonight. You were the better team. Represent Region 1 well!

The
Squirrels stuck with them until the middle of the 3rd quarter when
Carlblom dunked the ball and hung on the rim for a few seconds twisting
his body and showing off a little. Coach Roesler wanted a technical for
that and was arguing with a ref when a different ref came from across
the floor and called a technical on him. It was all downhill from
there, Lisbon made all their freethrows, the refs called a flagrant
foul on us (bad call), Lisbon start draining all of their outside shots
and Central Cass kind of lost it. Lisbon is a good team and will do
well next weekend.

Congrats to Coach Roesler for getting Region
1 Coach of the Year! You deserve it! You took a team that was
supposed to not make it out of districts
and ended the season as
the regional runner-up and only 5 losses on the season. We will be back
next year in the hunt again for a trip to state!

they
were supposed to make it out of districts....they got 4th last year and
lost one player...they were probabaly the favorite coming into the
year

and they got 2nd this year and they only lose 2 or 3 players....there gonna be good.

Doesnt matte if they are gonna e good next year lisbon came out to play and beat them up in the second half. Lisbon really put the clamps down on d in the second half.
east5840
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ClassBEast » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:07 am

"they were supposed to make it out of districts....they got 4th last year and lost one player...they were probabaly the favorite coming into the year"

I think the Hoopster had us ranked 5th in District 2 this year. I could be wrong.

We lose 4 seniors, 2 of them starters. Derek Drege will be a big loss at the point guard position. I think he really had a great year and worked really hard. He was also our most physical player. We lose our big guy Alex Ausk, but we have lots of big guys coming up. Off the bench we lose Derek Jacobson (an excellent shooter) and Jared Ueland (a good shot as well). We should do well again next year.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ClassBEast » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:20 am

Lisbon earns trip to state ‘B’
Heath Hotzler, The Forum
Published Friday, March 07, 2008

Lisbon 59, Central Cass 32

- Up next: North Dakota Class B tournament, Lisbon vs. Grafton, next Thursday

The Lisbon boys basketball team picked the perfect time for its best defensive performance of the season.

The Broncos used a tenacious zone defense to frustrate Central Cass the entire game en route to a convincing 59-32 victory in the North Dakota Class B, Region 1 championship Thursday at the Fargo Civic Center.

Lisbon will play Region 2 winner Grafton next Thursday in the first round of the state tournament in Fargo.

“We’ve had some good ones,” Broncos coach Kim Mark said of his team’s defense. “I would rank this one No. 1. I was proud of our kids’ defensive effort in trying to shut them down.”

Both teams struggled on offense in the first half, combining for just 33 points.

Senior Derek Jacobson hit a 3-pointer to tie the game at 8-8 with 1:11 remaining in the first quarter.

The teams went scoreless the rest of the frame.

Senior forward Logan Carlblom exploded for eight points in the second quarter to lead the Broncos to an 18-15 halftime advantage. Carlblom had 10 points at the break.

Flustered by the Broncos pesky defense, the Squirrels hit just four field goals in the first half.

Lisbon was 0 of 7 from beyond the 3-point line before halftime.

“Our guards came out a little shaky on the perimeter,” Carlblom said. “I tried to make some things happen and loosen it up for them a little bit. As a senior, I don’t want it to end. I don’t even think three (state) games will be enough.”

The Broncos turned a close game into a rout with a 15-2 run to end the third quarter.

Lisbon benefitted from a technical foul call on Squirrels coach Troy Roesler for getting too far onto court, and an intentional foul call against Central Cass on a Broncos layup attempt.

Lisbon, which was awarded free throws and the ball on both calls, turned it into eight points.

The Broncos led 41-25 after the third quarter.

Central Cass never recovered.

“We got shots,” Roesler said. “But it was hard to get good shots against a defense like that. You don’t see them off the ball ever relaxing.”

Carlblom finished with 21 points and five rebounds.

Riley Streit had 11 points to lead the Squirrels, who shot just 27 percent from the floor.

“I think they were getting frustrated,” Mark said. “It was a good effort by the boys.”

Central Cass 8 15 25 32

Lisbon 8 18 41 59

CENTRAL CASS: Sinner 0 0-0 0, Hendrickson 1 0-0 2, Voss 0 0-0 0, Streit 4 0-0 11, Jacobson 2 0-0 6, Drege 2 2-2 6, Ueland 0 0-0 0, Weber 0 0-0 0, Ausk 2 1-1 5, Waldahl 1 0-0 2. Totals: 12 3-3 32.

LISBON: Hiam 2 4-4 8, Cooper 0 0-0 0, Lee 1 10-12 12, Coykendall 1 0-0 2, Reinke 2 1-4 5, Bishop 1 0-0 2, Carlblom 7 6-7 21, Dykema 4 0-0 8. Totals: 18 22-29 59.

3-point goals: Streit 3, Jacobson 2, Carlblom. Total fouls: CC 15, L 8. Rebounds: CC 20 (Sinner 5), L 27 (Dykema 10). Assists: CC 10 (Sinner 5), L 9 (Lee 3). Steals: CC 5 (Sinner 2), L 11 (Lee 4). Turnovers: CC 16, L 9.

Third place
Hankinson 68, Richland 60

Senior Jamie Mauch finished with 28 points, 10 rebounds, seven steals and five assists to help the Pirates capture third place.

Mauch, who hit 6 of 10 3-pointers, scored 18 in the first half to lead Hankinson to a 35-27 halftime advantage.

The Pirates, who earned the region title last year, shot 53 percent from the floor.

Jacob Thompson and Jay Bachman each had 13 to lead the Colts.

The District 1 player of the year, Mauch moved into fifth on the all-time Class B rebounding list with 1,076. He finished his career with 1,687 points.

Richland 11 27 45 60

Hankinson 18 35 53 68

RICHLAND: Julson 1 0-0 3, J. Johnson 1 0-0 3, Thompson 5 1-1 13, Villand 4 0-0 9, Erbes 3 0-0 6, Casperson 0 0-0 0, Duttenhefer 1 0-0 2, Krull 3 0-0 6, C. Johnson 1 3-4 5, Bachman 6 1-1 13. Totals: 25 5-6 60.

HANKINSON: Mauch 11 0-0 28, A. Althoff 5 1-2 11, Hangaard 2 0-2 4, J. Brandenburger 0 1-2 1, Hejtmanek 1 0-0 3, Stein 0 2-2 2, Krump 4 1-3 9, Beach 5 0-0 10. Totals: 28 5-11 68.

3-point goals: Julson, J. Johnson, Thompson 2, Villand, Mauch 6, Hejtmanek. Total fouls: R 10, H 9. Rebounds: R 22 (Thompson 5), H 29 (Mauch 10). Assists: R 18 (Erbes 7), H 21 (A. Althoff 6). Steals: R 8 (Krull 2), H 13 (Mauch 7). Turnovers: R 18, H 13.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:39 am

ClassBEast wrote:"they were supposed to make it out of districts....they got 4th last year and lost one player...they were probabaly the favorite coming into the year"

I think the Hoopster had us ranked 5th in District 2 this year. I could be wrong.

We lose 4 seniors, 2 of them starters. Derek Drege will be a big loss at the point guard position. I think he really had a great year and worked really hard. He was also our most physical player. We lose our big guy Alex Ausk, but we have lots of big guys coming up. Off the bench we lose Derek Jacobson (an excellent shooter) and Jared Ueland (a good shot as well). We should do well again next year.

i think you guys will be really good again, i dont know if riley streit will become a "true" big guy and play down low. If he can get down low and learn some post moves you guys will be tough. Voss will take over at point i'm sure, with Sinner, Hendrickson, Waldahl and Streit starting as well. Off the bench, probably Rust, Ham , and Weber
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby itsmillertime » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:30 pm

I need to reply on the statement of Carlblom's dunk and saying he showed off by swinging on the rim for a few seconds, go to kvly tv 11, see the video. It was a wonderful momentum changing play, not showing off as far as my eyes have seem. Hes a talented young man, not a show off. Ask Jamie Mauch what he thought of that move, it was greatttttttttttttttt.
The technical foul on cc coach was called because he was on the court, thats the rule.
Give Lisbon credit for playing a very good defensive game, they frustrated cc.
Great free throw shooting 22 out of 28
Last night they were clearly the better team .
CC had a great season though.
Don't count out the Broncos against Grafton on thursday, they are playing some great team basketball.
Their 3 loses are to Lamoure, Hankinson, Richland all rated in the top ten. They also avenged Hankinson and Richland and LaMoure is in the tourney.

WONDERFUL JOB LISBON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give us more............
itsmillertime

Postby ndproduct » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:00 pm

I tried looking on KVLY's website to see the webcast of last nights news and I can't find anything. Anyone know if they post the news on their webiste?
ndproduct
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Boys