Best team in the state?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Best team in the state?

Postby stocklemon » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:25 pm

I say trinity takes the title http://www.stocklemon.blogspot.com/
stocklemon

Re: Best team in the state?

Postby baskerballstudd3 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:07 pm

Hankinson
baskerballstudd3
NDPreps Rookie

Postby steel33 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:36 pm

From the teams I have seen it would be TLM. When they beat Hazen by 29 on their home floor. That said everything for me. Their top three players all shot over 75% from the free throw line and Malzer shooting 60% from the floor for a guard is pretty impressive.

The only thing that could trip them up is foul trouble or injury. They have absolutely no bench at all.
steel33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby biggest ticket » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:42 pm

A reff doing a TL-M game this year said that was the best team hes scene this year and he had done Watford and Ryan.

so TL-M.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flyer » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:22 pm

steel33 wrote:From the teams I have seen it would be TLM. When they beat Hazen by 29 on their home floor. That said everything for me. Their top three players all shot over 75% from the free throw line and Malzer shooting 60% from the floor for a guard is pretty impressive.

The only thing that could trip them up is foul trouble or injury. They have absolutely no bench at all.

TLM is a very good team and can put points on the board, but you have to realize that when they played Hazen they shot like 75% from the Arc and about the same inside..It was their night that night..IF they could duplicate that (which I don't think is possible) they will be there in the end--However if they only have five guys that could hurt them in tournament play.
Flyer

Postby bballfan0821 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:00 pm

I'm going to have to go with Watford City
bballfan0821

Postby steel33 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:12 pm

I doubt they will shoot that well again either. But they still hung 99 on Hazen and Hazen just lost to Watford by two a couple of weeks ago. They are the only team I know that the number three scorer is even capable of throwing a 41 point game like Nelson did against Hazen.

That's why I like them so much. They have three really good b-ball players. All three capable of having a huge game at anytime. Shut down one the other two take over.

Name another team that has that ability??
steel33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ice man » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:37 pm

Watford City is hands down the best team in the state. They have 14 guys that would be playing lots of minutes for most other teams in the state. They also probably have the toughest schedule in the state.
Last edited by ice man on Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ice man
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bgt3225 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:57 pm

Does anyone think Lamoure will go anywhere?
bgt3225
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:09 pm

I think LaMoure has a scary first round game in regionals against Steele. im not saying Steele is going to win, because it jsut wouldnt be smart to bet against LaMoure haha. but when people look at Steele they think Randall and thats it. his "star-power" over shadows the players around him, much like Durant did for Texas...they lose him and are still a 1 seed in the tourney because the players around him were that good. Im not saying Steele would be just as good without him, because they wouldnt even be close. the players around him like Six, Martin, Lang, Stroh all compliment him very well and if Stroh his hitting from the outside they are a scary team. If LaMoure is to get past Steele, they will more then likely have Linton in the second round who beat them just a week ago. If LaMoure gets to state, they sure worked their way there. I just hope that Region 3 doesnt have a repeat of last year where the 3 best teams wear each other out in the first too rounds and then get snuck up on by an average team at best and the region is then labeled bad because the team that makes state lays an egg. I believe LaMoure has the team to go far in the tournament, but they have work to do to get there...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Dr.Love » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:05 pm

baseball wrote:I think LaMoure has a scary first round game in regionals against Steele. im not saying Steele is going to win, because it jsut wouldnt be smart to bet against LaMoure haha. but when people look at Steele they think Randall and thats it. his "star-power" over shadows the players around him, much like Durant did for Texas...they lose him and are still a 1 seed in the tourney because the players around him were that good. Im not saying Steele would be just as good without him, because they wouldnt even be close. the players around him like Six, Martin, Lang, Stroh all compliment him very well and if Stroh his hitting from the outside they are a scary team. If LaMoure is to get past Steele, they will more then likely have Linton in the second round who beat them just a week ago. If LaMoure gets to state, they sure worked their way there. I just hope that Region 3 doesnt have a repeat of last year where the 3 best teams wear each other out in the first too rounds and then get snuck up on by an average team at best and the region is then labeled bad because the team that makes state lays an egg. I believe LaMoure has the team to go far in the tournament, but they have work to do to get there...
That's no respect,BCN beat there way to state . They played everyone but Steele and they would've beat them.As when u get to state (if u do) then play Minot,4winds,bismarck and tell me how good u did.
Dr.Love
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:10 pm

you can take that as no respect if you wish but im gonna stick with BCN being an average team at best. they just got hot at the right time. i will give them credit....they did what they had to do to get to state. but still just an average team in my opinion. i could also see Strasburg going to state from this region....if last year was any indication. like i said, 3 best teams wear each other down, and the winner of hte bottom bracket picks up the scraps. no respect, thats fine....just my opinion sorry....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys