Mr. Basketball Poll

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who will be Mr. Basketball?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:07 pm

Luke Martinez
8%
Zac Elgie
5%
Jordan May
2%
Jordan Mertens
No votes
BJ Mertens
5%
Tanner Farkas
2%
Jordan Allard
No votes
Austin Dufault
53%
Jamie Mauch
15%
Justin Shipman
12%

Total votes : 66

Re: Mr. Basketball Poll

Postby Flip » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:11 am

My opinion.
Each class should have a player of the year.
There should be one Mr. Basketball open to all classes.
My biggest problem with the Mr. Basketball award is it is voted on before the State B championship game. I think sometimes the media sees a class A player lead there school to a state title and gets some votes he wouldn't not have got. Now a class B player can't do that because the votes are in before the B championship game.

Why they give out senior athlete of the year is just dumb imo, especially a sport like girls track, when some girl might win 4 events as freshman, but can't get the award until she is a senior and by that time she might not even be that good.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:14 am

rep wrote:for anyone comparing just pure stat numbers, it should also be noted that class a guys play longer games and tend to play more minutes and get a little higher per-game average numbers. i'd also be curious if quarters vs. halves effected stats...like with playing in halves steals or blocks across the state have gone up (just pulling a random stat out as an example).

also what about the effect of the shot clock on stats? more shots for class A, and more opportunities on rebounds? just a thought?
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby homer » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:30 am

the lions should do it the way the shriners do it have the best class b play against each other east vs west and the same for class A there is no reason class b should beat class A so make it E vs W
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby future star » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:37 pm

I agree with baseball on this one they should give it to the most outstanding player in the state and open it up to underclassmen. :D
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:05 pm

scc wrote:North Dakota is not the only state to do it this way. I don't know of any state that gives a Mr. Basketball award for each class.

kevin garnett won mr basketball in 2 different states and 3 times overall so i know that some states dont allow just seniors and im pretty sure oj mayo won it more than once too
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:10 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
scc wrote:North Dakota is not the only state to do it this way. I don't know of any state that gives a Mr. Basketball award for each class.

kevin garnett won mr basketball in 2 different states and 3 times overall so i know that some states dont allow just seniors and im pretty sure oj mayo won it more than once too

i know colorado has ms. basketball for each section.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Boys