Schools with no tradition

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Schools with no tradition

Postby Nodak Guy » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:41 pm

I know there are topics about towns with the best traditions - Hillsboro, MPCG, Trinity, Linton, etc. I want to know which schools seem to struggle to get it started and stay consistent. It seems like there will be one or two years, and then then it's back towards the bottom for a 5-10 year span. This isn't to bash any particular town, it's just out of curiosity as to why some small towns are always competitive, while a town similar in size only 20 or 30 miles is always struggling. I know that coaching has a ton to do with it, but that can't always be the case can it?
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Schools with no tradition

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:55 pm

i honestly think that the kids being good role models plays as much into the tradition as anything. if they are good role models younger kids in 1st 2nd grade will remember them and want to be like them when they grow up and because of that they will practice harder. of course you need good coaching, but the motivation is a bigger part in tradition i think.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:00 pm

Nodak Guy wrote:I know there are topics about towns with the best traditions - Hillsboro, MPCG, Trinity, Linton, etc. I want to know which schools seem to struggle to get it started and stay consistent. It seems like there will be one or two years, and then then it's back towards the bottom for a 5-10 year span. This isn't to bash any particular town, it's just out of curiosity as to why some small towns are always competitive, while a town similar in size only 20 or 30 miles is always struggling. I know that coaching has a ton to do with it, but that can't always be the case can it?

Finley-sharon hasnt really had a good tradition for basketball, they've had some good years in baseball and football. We havent made it to the regional tournament in basketball for i dont know how many years, but i think that might change this year. i know when i was in elementary i always looked up to the varsity team and i know kids these days do as well, but thats not what it comes down too. It comes down to the fact that you have to care about the game enough, and wnat to work on thier game in the summer.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby letsgosox » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:22 pm

killdeer is a school that always seems to be in the conversation of a contender, no matter what sport. but they can never win the big game, basketball or football.
letsgosox

Return to Boys