District 4 tournament

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

District 4 tournament

Postby MT_20 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:42 am

District 4 tourny starts on friday any predictions?

1.Grafton (17-2)
8.Midway Minto(2-17)

4.Park River(13-5)
5.Fordville(8-11)

2.North Border(18-1)
7.Valley/Edinberg(3-15)

3.Cavalier(10-9)
6.Drayton/St. Thomas(8-10)
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Re: District 4 tournament

Postby Flyer » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:55 am

Grafton vs Park River = Park River wins
North Border vs. Cavalier = NB win

Grafton and Cavalier advance

North Border = Champs
Park River= 2nd

Then I see a District 4 sweep. If Cavalier can win
Flyer

Postby shooter » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:19 pm

That's pretty bold picking PR over Grafton, but they did play them tough the last time they played, I think? Only lost by 3 or 4??
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby football_lives_on » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:01 pm

Flyer wrote:Grafton vs Park River = Park River wins

North Border = Champs
Park River= 2nd

i agree with the sweep during regions but cavalier could possibly win now on a neutral floor it will be a test against nbe
good pick with pr over grafton very good chance of being correct
football_lives_on
NDPreps Starter

Postby hammer63 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:12 pm

Flyer wrote:Grafton vs Park River = Park River wins

North Border = Champs
Park River= 2nd

I can't see Cavailier beating Dakota Prairie when Cavailer lost to Thompson by 18 Dakota Prairie beat Thompson by nine the numbers just don't add up, Other than that I can see Park River Grafton and NB all winning the first day of regions unless it's park river playing dakota prairie which would be closer than Cavailer but DP would still win. Also I think Thompson matches up well with Park River they could easily beat them reallly it could go either way.
hammer63

Postby ndfootball06 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:00 pm

Grafton over North Border in an intense championship game. Park River over Cavalier for third. Only team I see possibly pulling an upset is Fordville-Lankin.
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:05 pm

1. North Border
2. Grafton
3. Park River
4. Cavalier
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:16 pm

Let's not forget about fordville-lankin. They have had a good season and I think they have shot make regions.
PA42

Postby region 2 opinion » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:19 pm

I agree, F/L is a good team, they are scoring alot of points and they are very well coached. They will be a factor in the District 4 tournament!!
region 2 opinion
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:45 am

region 2 opinion wrote:I agree, F/L is a good team, they are scoring alot of points and they are very well coached. They will be a factor in the District 4 tournament!!

They definitely are not a team to be taken lightly like in recent memory. If teams come out relaxed and not ready to play the Flyers might be a sleeper pick for the Region 2 Tournament.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby shooter » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:05 pm

I think that if F/L ends up facing Cav in the loser out game, things could be very interesting. I think PR has too much for them to handle, but it all depends on who shows up. That is the beauty of tournament time!!
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toughregion2 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:08 pm

Should be a great tourney

4 of the biggest rivals are in the same bracket

Grafton -------- Park River

North Border -------- Cavalier

If all these teams get through the first round should be a crazy semi final round. These 4 teams just dont like each other that much.
toughregion2

Postby spalding06 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:34 pm

It will be Grafton, PR,NB, and Cavalier in the semifinals

The upsets will come in the LO games
MM over FL
VE over DST

Cavalier over MM
PR over VE in the RQ games

Grafton over NB in the championship.
spalding06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vizio » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:08 am

Why do u say Grafton over NB??NB plays better on Grafton's homecourt than Grafton!
vizio

Postby bballfan7 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:30 am

vizio wrote:Why do u say Grafton over NB??NB plays better on Grafton's homecourt than Grafton!

where was the district game between these two played? I beleive they played twice during the regular season and one was played in grand forks. I think they split the regular season. correct?
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:39 am

NB wins in Grafton by 6 in December, Grafton wins the rematch by 11 on Feb 1.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan7 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:49 am

Hinsa wrote:NB wins in Grafton by 6 in December, Grafton wins the rematch by 11 on Feb 1.

thanks, vizio 6 is pretty close so how can you say they play better on graftons home court than grafton maybe in seasons past but, 6 is pretty close.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toughregion2 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:55 am

Lets get through tomm and than make predictions. Big games tomm PR and Cav are not going to back down. Lets not assume because assuming is always wrong.

PR 58
Grafton 57

North Border 67
Cavalier 53

But than again im assuming hahahahaha
toughregion2

Postby vizio » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:33 am

NB doesn't play good in Walhalla...how bout that!
vizio

Postby shooter » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:46 am

NB doesn't play well in Walhalla, and that is where Grafton beat them, but even though NB only won by 6 or whatever, they were up by about 18 and got complacent. NB is the better team and it should show through in the Tourney.
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfootball06 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:25 am

How can you say North Border is a better team? You're either from North Border or just don't like Grafton because they are hosting both tournaments. Grafton's two losses both came in their first five games of the season when they were NOT playing even close to the kind of basketball they're playing right now. If North Border plays so good on Grafton's court then why were they up on 7th seed Valley-Edinburg by one at halftime? And Valley-Edinburg evenhad the lead for a short time in the third quarter. Grafton shot horribly in their first meeting this season, and not a whole lot better the second time. Grafton also had an 18 point lead with under 3 minutes left in the game and stopped attacking. If one of North Border's top 3 players get in foul trouble, North Border is in a lot of trouble. Grafton's center and leading scorer was in foul trouble both times these two teams played, so Grafton has the edge in depth.
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby peanut butter » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:32 am

I got Grafton over NB AK carries them to the championship
peanut butter
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toughregion2 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:09 pm

ndfootball06 wrote:How can you say North Border is a better team? You're either from North Border or just don't like Grafton because they are hosting both tournaments. Grafton's two losses both came in their first five games of the season when they were NOT playing even close to the kind of basketball they're playing right now. If North Border plays so good on Grafton's court then why were they up on 7th seed Valley-Edinburg by one at halftime? And Valley-Edinburg evenhad the lead for a short time in the third quarter. Grafton shot horribly in their first meeting this season, and not a whole lot better the second time. Grafton also had an 18 point lead with under 3 minutes left in the game and stopped attacking. If one of North Border's top 3 players get in foul trouble, North Border is in a lot of trouble. Grafton's center and leading scorer was in foul trouble both times these two teams played, so Grafton has the edge in depth.

Your statement is all about If's and But's.....If we want to talk about comparing scores...look at the Park River vs North Border and Park River vs Grafton. North Border dominated Park River had the so flustered they yelled at each other the whole second half. In all rights Park River should of took Grafton down at the end of the season when Grafton is supposedly playing so well but costly mistakes at the end gave it to grafton. These comparisons are bogus. Basketball is all about match ups and Grafton and North Border cause matchup fits with each other.
toughregion2

Postby vizio » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:17 pm

The only reason why both tournaments are in Grafton *rest is edited by moderator. This has been discussed ad nauseum. Vizio, get off the Grafton hating or you'll be done posting.
vizio

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:41 pm

ndfootball06 wrote:How can you say North Border is a better team? You're either from North Border or just don't like Grafton because they are hosting both tournaments. Grafton's two losses both came in their first five games of the season when they were NOT playing even close to the kind of basketball they're playing right now. If North Border plays so good on Grafton's court then why were they up on 7th seed Valley-Edinburg by one at halftime? And Valley-Edinburg evenhad the lead for a short time in the third quarter. Grafton shot horribly in their first meeting this season, and not a whole lot better the second time. Grafton also had an 18 point lead with under 3 minutes left in the game and stopped attacking. If one of North Border's top 3 players get in foul trouble, North Border is in a lot of trouble. Grafton's center and leading scorer was in foul trouble both times these two teams played, so Grafton has the edge in depth.

It's just his opinion about who he think is better. I think they are too close to say one is better then the other but if you think one is better then the other, so be it. I wouldn't worry too much about the Valley-Edinburg game either. Comparing the score to that game of these two teams doesn't make any sense. The Park River score would be a better one to look at because Park River has a chance to beat these teams, unlike V/E.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Boys