District 4 tournament

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: District 4 tournament

Postby siouxfan19 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:53 pm

if cavalier and park river play well i think that district 4 can win every first round game
siouxfan19
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bball123 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:32 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
vizio wrote:NB played way better tongiht then the rest of the nights!Hopefully they can get it togather next week...The Championship game was boring!I could of fell asleep!Anybody know who plays who next week and what time?

This is what I think it will be. I know North Border plays Dakota Prairie in the last game.

Cavalier vs. Thompson in the opener
Hatton-Northwood vs. Park River 25 minutes after the first game
Grafton vs. Hillsboro 25 minutes after second game
Dakota Prairie vs. North Border 25 minutes after the third game

I believe games will start at 3 pm but I could be wrong.

Yes Cavalier, Park River, Grafton, and Norht Border will all win the first night

Hillsboro wont handle Ak they dont have any size, Cavalier lost to them in the season but there a different team now, park river has two good gaurds and Hatton-Northwood are young gaurds, and Nb will have a challenge agasint DP
bball123

Postby basketball » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:12 pm

bball123 wrote:
vizio wrote:NB played way better tongiht then the rest of the nights!Hopefully they can get it togather next week...The Championship game was boring!I could of fell asleep!Anybody know who plays who next week and what time?

This is what I think it will be. I know North Border plays Dakota Prairie in the last game.

Yes Cavalier, Park River, Grafton, and Norht Border will all win the first night

Hillsboro wont handle Ak they dont have any size, Cavalier lost to them in the season but there a different team now, park river has two good gaurds and Hatton-Northwood are young gaurds, and Nb will have a challenge agasint DP

You make it sound like its a for sure thing that you are right. I personally think that any of the games with the exception of Hillsboro/Grafton game, could go either way. My guesses are Cavalier, Hatton Northwood, Grafton, and North Border
basketball
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:27 pm

bball123 wrote:

Hatton-Northwood doesn't have young guards. Ben Strand, a senior, is playing very good basketball right now and will give Otto or Mozinski problems on both ends of the floor. If Otto keeps shooting the way he did last night against NB, Hatton-Northwood could be in trouble. He was hitting everything he threw up there whether there was a hand in his face, which there usually was, or not. Thompson vs. Cavalier is the most intriguing first round match up in my mind. Thompson has been notorious for underachieving come tournament time and Cavalier has such a young team we won't know how they'll respond to playing in Regionals for the first time.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby toughregion2 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:37 pm

Cavalier has a shot. I think they have to come out strong and gain there confidence back they took quite a butt woopin last night. It was ugly
toughregion2

Postby Wombat » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:59 pm

I heard there were a few sweet dunks in the championship though.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:37 pm

Hillsboro and Cavalier are BOTH different teams now. Cavalier is more experienced and Hillsboro was without 2 players when they beat Cavalier. So don't underestimate Hillsboro.

Yes, Grafton is favored in that game, and rightfully so, but Hillsboro has been taming bigger teams all year. They are capable of the upset.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:52 pm

I think Thompson will beat Cavalier.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bball123 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:42 pm

cubsfan wrote:I think Thompson will beat Cavalier.

Why do you say that because they beat them the first time
bball123

Postby bball123 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:45 pm

Wombat wrote:I heard there were a few sweet dunks in the championship though.

Yes there was, Ak and Garret Brown both threw one down, Ak with one hand and Brown with two hands
bball123

Postby bball123 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:52 pm

bball123 wrote:

Hatton-Northwood doesn't have young guards. Ben Strand, a senior, is playing very good basketball right now and will give Otto or Mozinski problems on both ends of the floor. If Otto keeps shooting the way he did last night against NB, Hatton-Northwood could be in trouble. He was hitting everything he threw up there whether there was a hand in his face, which there usually was, or not. Thompson vs. Cavalier is the most intriguing first round match up in my mind. Thompson has been notorious for underachieving come tournament time and Cavalier has such a young team we won't know how they'll respond to playing in Regionals for the first time.

Hatton-Northwood doesnt have young guards they have Strand and two other junior gaurds i believe that they just have this year of varsity didnt they play c squad last year?
bball123

Previous

Return to Boys