District 3 district tourney

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: District 3 district tourney

Postby basketball » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:10 pm

Anyone know the outcomes of tonight's games so far??
basketball
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketball » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:53 pm

HN beat DP 62-50
basketball
NDPreps Starter

Postby Thunder66 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:12 pm

Sounded like Mark Wallace played the game of his life. It'd be a shame if he didn't get Senior Player of the Year. He showed how great he can be tonight.
Thunder66

Postby basketball » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:27 pm

Coach of the year - Mark Hegg, Thompson
Senior Player - Mark Wallace, HN
AD of Year - John Hutchinson, HN
basketball
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:27 pm

Thompson 67 Larimore 42
Hillsboro 56 MPCG 41
Senior Player of the Year-Mark Wallace
Coach of the Year-Mark Hegg
AD of the Year-John Hutchinson
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Johnny » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:39 pm

any idea who plays who Monday?
Johnny
NDPreps Starter

Postby toughregion2 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:51 pm

Wow if things fall into place

Dakota Prairie vs North Border
Grafton Vs Hillsboro

Cavalier vs Thompson
Hatton Northwood vs Park River
toughregion2

Postby Johnny » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:54 pm

If this is right, 3 of the ranked teams in state just ended up in the same bracket?
Johnny
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketball » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:59 pm

Grafton and North Border have to win first....But there is a pretty good chance.
basketball
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:45 am

Congratulations to the Thunder of Hatton-Northwood on an impressive win tonight. From the minute the second half started it seemed that they just wanted it more. Mark Wallace had an awesome game tonight and is a big reason the Thunder are sitting at the top of District 3 right now. Ben Strand played very well handling the pressure of Dakota Prairie's guards and getting to the lane for easy shots. Also Congratulations to Mark Wallace for winning Senior POY in district 3. In my mind it was a no brainer but he played great basketball this season and is playing at his best right now.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Hinsa » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:14 pm

Um....did someone say earlier in this topic that Wallace was going to break Kueber and/or Nichols in half? Well, Wallace didn't break them in half, but both Kueber and Nichols fouled out trying to stop Wallace. That young man is unbelievable around the basket. He got called for a lot of travels early and to his credit, he learned from the calls and kept his pivot foot on the floor in the second half.

A key for HN in the 4th quarter - Staskivige's defense on entry passes into the post - how many of those did he deflect or pick off? Big defensive plays....

Who picked HN to win???? Just had to gloat for a moment before......

.......before I confess that I was dead wrong on Thompson. The Tommies withstood Larimore's early push and took control of the game right away in the second half.

I got the Burros over the Patriots right - even was close on the margin. The key here was that the Burros scored into the 50s whereas in their earlier meetings the score was in the 30s.

One comment on DP - they are a very good team with talented players. But I believe in the big games they need to keep Kueber and Nichols on the floor together a lot more. They play long stretches in both halves in their normal rotation where one or the other is resting. In my opinion, in big games, you gotta play tired. DP creates big matchup problems when both of those studs are on the floor. I can see a one minute breather here or there, but other than that, you gotta play through being tired.

Good luck to all four teams in the regions!
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:41 pm

I definitely agree with you about DP Hinsa. It doesn't do the team very good to have Kueber on the floor while Nichols is resting and vice-versa when Nichols is ready again. It's tournament time and you gotta be willing to push yourself to the limit if you want to make it to the state tournament. You not only have to play tired, but play well while tired. I know Nichols can play a lot of minutes after watching him play football this fall - so it's not a question of if he can do it, but if he'll be allowed to.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:27 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:I definitely agree with you about DP Hinsa. It doesn't do the team very good to have Kueber on the floor while Nichols is resting and vice-versa when Nichols is ready again. It's tournament time and you gotta be willing to push yourself to the limit if you want to make it to the state tournament. You not only have to play tired, but play well while tired. I know Nichols can play a lot of minutes after watching him play football this fall - so it's not a question of if he can do it, but if he'll be allowed to.

You forget he was out 2 and a half weeks with Mono. Its an illness that has lingering affects on people. I am sure he still doesn't have his lungs back to normal yet.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hinsa » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:50 pm

I do remember that Nichols had mono, Pakkyzoo. I still stick with the idea that in the upcoming regions, both Kueber and Nichols need to be on the court together as long as possible.

I'm not advocating that anyone play past their human endurance, but it's win or go home time now. Time to play 'til you can't play anymore.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys