Linton beats #2 LaMoure; Dan Carr 500th Win at Linton

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Linton beats #2 LaMoure; Dan Carr 500th Win at Linton

Postby baller01 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:30 pm

Last night Linton defeated LaMoure giving Dan Carr his 500th win at Linton.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Linton beats #2 LaMoure; Dan Carr 500th Win at Linton

Postby poweraidman » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:32 pm

congrats to him, what a 500th win to remember too huh. Beating one of the best teams in state.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:26 pm

somehow it is just fitting.

carr is a class act and definitely deserves any accolades that come his way.
rep

Postby luckyinlife » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:27 pm

Coach Carr put together a good strategy against LaMoure and his team executed it well. There is a reason he has 500 wins. Congratulations Dan.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby point/center » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:09 pm

Congrats to coach Carr. He is what Class B basketball in North Dakota is. Looks like that little hiccup against CP may have been the spark to put Linton on a nice run through Dist and Regionals. Is it just me or does every year LaMoure come down to Linton or a game in regionals and not able to win the MUST have game?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby mdk23 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:19 pm

You are exactly right. Lamoure almost always loses to Linton in the regional. Other than two years ago when it was PBK, Lamoure has always had trouble with the teams from the west. It doesn't matter how great a year Lamoure is having, Linton always seems to make it rain on their parade. I wouldn't doubt it happens again this year. I guess we'll wait for Regionals and see, but my money is on Lamoure losing in the Region Championship game.
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." Michael Jordan
mdk23
NDPreps Starter

Postby old lineman » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:07 pm

Congrats to Coach Carr
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby region 2 opinion » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:09 pm

I agree, congrats to coach Carr.
region 2 opinion
NDPreps Starter

Postby collegeoverpros » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:52 pm

Congrats to Carr. but really, after losing to Central Prairie and beating LaMoure (who beat CP by +30) we'll have to see which LHS team decides to show up for tournaments. I also noticed in the Tribune that Shockman fouled out. Does anybody know, was that a big factor?
"The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team."--John Wooden
collegeoverpros
NDPreps Reserve

Postby mdk23 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:07 pm

From what I heard, it was a cheap foul on Shockman (still not an excuse) but it definitely had an impact on the rest of the game. He fouled out with about 7 minutes to go and Lamoure was up 3. Another huge part of the game was Lamoure's lack of knowledge of the game situation at hand. With 10 seconds left, and down three, you have to foul whoever you can. You can't let their best free throw shooter dribble the ball up the court and wait to foul with 3 seconds left. Most likely you get the ball back with the full length of the court to go being down at least 3 if not 4 or 5. Just sounded like Lamoure wasn't ready to play basketball that night.
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." Michael Jordan
mdk23
NDPreps Starter

Postby Iron Scope » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:01 pm

But, the first two are what get him in trouble. I agree with everything you said, i just thought I would add that.
Iron Scope

Postby bballuvr » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:59 pm

Good win for Linton. They outplayed LaMoure.
Good late season learning game for LaMoure. If it was a conscious or subconscious thing, the undefeated thing is gone. Probably good.
Again, Linton outplayed LaMoure. Some observations though. [I'm a Loboe fan, so that is my bias].
LaMoure committed a reach in foul at least twice immediately after the ball was inbounds with 9.3 secs. Considering a couple fouls called on Shockman, it was funny that the reaches weren't called when they did reach in. Probably not a big deal unless a missed FT occurs and it didn't.
2 marginal fouls on Shockman, and 2 that were less than smart. That is probably typical of basketball games everywhere. You must limit silly fouls to handle the touchy ones. Shockman has had foul trouble only 4-5 times this season, which is a significant improvement over last year.
Holen and Watkins were a combined 4-22 shooting. That is 2 tough shooting games in a row for Holen against Linton. Region semis last year and this game. A credit to Linton defensivley. I would bet a large amount of money that it won't be that way 3 times in a row if they would meet again.
LaMoure had a nice mid to late 3rd quarted lead and surge. Then had 3-4 poor possessions with quick shots that were well contested. A credit to Linton again. LaMoure will probably sharpen up as tourneys begin and use this game to re-focus if necessary. They have had dozen or so large margin wins in a row and have gotten by with some things maybe.
If this group gets a couple things squared away for tourneys, they be in position for a possible run.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Boys