Steele-Dawson

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Steele-Dawson

Postby football_lives_on » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:12 pm

My entire side of my family is from this area and my dad used to live here I was just wondering some information about them if anyone is willing. Is Pettibone, Tappen, Tuttle, Robinson, and Lake Williams still included with this team?
football_lives_on
NDPreps Starter

Re: Steele-Dawson

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:29 pm

for as long as ive known it has always just been Steele-Dawson for boys basketball. Right now they are 14-3 with i think the best record in the district. you might have gathered by reading the side taht they have argueably the best sophomore in the state with Adam Randall. he along with a bunch of role players who have done a good job this year of not trying to do too much. The past few years they have really regained the title as a good basketball team. in 06 they won the district for the first time in 10 years or so and taking 3rd in the region.

I dont know if you jsut wanted to know about basketball or everything, but in recent years they have turned into a pretty good athletic town for being pretty small. they had a few years where they were towards the top of the region in football and in 2005 making the playoffs for the first time in what i think is ever and again in 06. after that its been back to the pretty bad football teams since the premiere athletes in the school havent been goin out for the team recently. the baseball team as been annually one of the top in the state the last few years making the state tournament in 4 of the last 6 years, taking 2nd in 04, 1st in 06, and 4th in 07. the girls basketball team is also annually towards the top in the state the last 4-5 years or so ever since Mark Sand took over as the coach taking them to state 2 of the last 4 years and might be considered the favorite to win the region again this year.

This town as really put their name back on the map as a good sports town year after year. I wouldnt go to say one of the best in the state just yet, but recently they have always been in the mix come tourney time.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby football_lives_on » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:32 pm

thank you for the information
football_lives_on
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:59 pm

football_lives_on wrote:My entire side of my family is from this area and my dad used to live here I was just wondering some information about them if anyone is willing. Is Pettibone, Tappen, Tuttle, Robinson, and Lake Williams still included with this team?

I know Pettibone, Tuttle and Robinson have closed their schools. Don't know if those kids go to SD or not. Tappen still has a school, but next year will be cooping in sports with SD. Don't know anything about Lake Williams, tho. Did that used to be a school? Guessing since I have never heard of it that they haven't had a school there for many years.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby collegeoverpros » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:55 pm

It's been back and forth quite a bit but as of the 2007-2008 season, it is just steele-dawson. Next year tho it will include Tappen. Most of the tuttle kids now go to school in steele because I THINK the school shut down, therefore, it is just S-D untill fall 2008
"The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team."--John Wooden
collegeoverpros
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:08 pm

collegeoverpros wrote:It's been back and forth quite a bit but as of the 2007-2008 season, it is just steele-dawson. Next year tho it will include Tappen. Most of the tuttle kids now go to school in steele because I THINK the school shut down, therefore, it is just S-D untill fall 2008

Is the Tappen school closing too or just combining for sports??
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan7 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:03 pm

baseball wrote:
collegeoverpros wrote:It's been back and forth quite a bit but as of the 2007-2008 season, it is just steele-dawson. Next year tho it will include Tappen. Most of the tuttle kids now go to school in steele because I THINK the school shut down, therefore, it is just S-D untill fall 2008

Is the Tappen school closing too or just combining for sports??

as of now just combining for sports
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby football_lives_on » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:17 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
football_lives_on wrote:My entire side of my family is from this area and my dad used to live here I was just wondering some information about them if anyone is willing. Is Pettibone, Tappen, Tuttle, Robinson, and Lake Williams still included with this team?

I know Pettibone, Tuttle and Robinson have closed their schools. Don't know if those kids go to SD or not. Tappen still has a school, but next year will be cooping in sports with SD. Don't know anything about Lake Williams, tho. Did that used to be a school? Guessing since I have never heard of it that they haven't had a school there for many years.

Lake Williams is about 8 miles from Pettibone. My great grandparents built the church and a few houses there by themselves.
I know they closed the church there and I'm not sure if anyone resides there anymore. I doubt any kids come from there.
Pettibone closed it's school?
football_lives_on
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND_Coach » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:29 am

football_lives_on wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:

Lake Williams is about 8 miles from Pettibone. My great grandparents built the church and a few houses there by themselves.
I know they closed the church there and I'm not sure if anyone resides there anymore. I doubt any kids come from there.
Pettibone closed it's school?

Not many still left in Lake Williams. Its just a few families and the lake, and as far as I know Pettibone is done as well
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Boys