Park River @ North Border in Pembina

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Park River @ North Border in Pembina

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:14 pm

On Thursday the North Border Eagles close their conference schedule hosting the Park River Aggies in Pembina. Right now I don't know how the District standings look with Grafton splitting the season series with the Eagles. If North Border wins they will be 17-1 with one point lost in conference play to Grafton. Grafton's record will be 16-2 if they win out with one point lost in conference play to North Border. I don't know the tie-breaker situation for District 4 if these two teams end up tied. North Border has to win this two-point conference game to have a chance at the conference championship.

The Aggies are a tough team and have vastly improved throughout the course of the year. The Eagles have really bounced back in the right direction since the Grafton loss two weeks ago. They've had big wins against Leeds-Minnewauken and Cavalier on the road. They have also defeated Drayton-St. Thomas since the Grafton game. I think Park River is going to give us a very tough match-up and a hard game to win. The Eagles will travel to Stephen on Friday in their season finale.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Park River @ North Border in Pembina

Postby shooter » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:51 pm

I was told that NB lost a coin flip with Grafton for the 1 seed as long as they beat PR? Anyone know any truth to this?
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toughregion2 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:47 pm

could be the truth im not sure

they would split the regular season title and have to flip a coin for seedings in the district tourney.
toughregion2

Postby MT_20 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:57 pm

its a big game in the coin flip north border lost and so did park river. so if park river wins they are the third seed if not cavalier gets the 3rd seed. so no matter what happens north border is 2nd. i give it to north border by 5 or 10 points
so if north border wins its
1.grafton
2.north border
3.cavalier
4.park river
if park river wins they go to the 3rd seed and cavaliers the 4th seed
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:04 pm

Well if North Border wins that sets up a semifinal match-up against the Tornadoes. North Border and Cavalier games are always that much more exciting during District tournament play.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EagleFan#5 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:42 am

This should be a great game. I've been out of the area for the last few weeks and haven't saw the Eagles play since the first game with Cavalier. Sounds like PR has been playing some good ball as of late but North Border is far from a team to take lightly. I have a feeling Chale and Carpenter are going to light it up tonight. I'll take the eagles by an easy dozen
EagleFan#5

Postby toughregion2 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:18 am

This was a game of 2 halfs. Park River opened the game on a 9-2 run followed by a 13-0 run for NB. Park River once again went on a run and lead 30-27 at the half. After halftime GAME OVER. North Border outscored Park River 25-4 in the 3rd period and owned the whole second half. Mike Smith had 21 Chale had 20 Carpenter 11. This sets up the district standings as follows. 72-46 North Border

1 Grafton
2 North Border
3 Cavalier
4 Park River
toughregion2

Postby vizio » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:05 pm

How is Grafton ahead of NB???I dont think it should be a coin tossed!I think it should be on how well there record is.
vizio

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:06 pm

vizio wrote:How is Grafton ahead of NB???I dont think it should be a coin tossed!I think it should be on how well there record is.

North Border has a better record but Grafton's other loss was a non-conference game which doesn't affect your conference rank. They split in the regular season and both ran the table against the rest of the district. A coin toss is the only other way to decide it.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby automatic99 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:35 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
vizio wrote:How is Grafton ahead of NB???I dont think it should be a coin tossed!I think it should be on how well there record is.

North Border has a better record but Grafton's other loss was a non-conference game which doesn't affect your conference rank. They split in the regular season and both ran the table against the rest of the district. A coin toss is the only other way to decide it.

Also, Grafton's only other loss was to Watford City. I don't like the coin flip either, but overall records aren't always the way to go either. No team should be punished for playing a tough non-conference schedule. Ties are supposed to be decided by how you did against the rest of the conference, but since NB and Grafton split and lost to nobody else...it came to a coin flip. I'm not sure there is a great way to decide ties. The other option they could go to his head to head points. In that scenario, grafton would have gotten the #1 this year too. I think they beat NB by 11 or something and NB beat them by less than that.
automatic99
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:13 pm

automatic99 wrote:

Also, Grafton's only other loss was to Watford City. I don't like the coin flip either, but overall records aren't always the way to go either. No team should be punished for playing a tough non-conference schedule. Ties are supposed to be decided by how you did against the rest of the conference, but since NB and Grafton split and lost to nobody else...it came to a coin flip. I'm not sure there is a great way to decide ties. The other option they could go to his head to head points. In that scenario, grafton would have gotten the #1 this year too. I think they beat NB by 11 or something and NB beat them by less than that.

I think a good way to settle it would be to do the head to head point differential, which in this season would go to Grafton. Another way would be to take all the conference games and figure out point differential that way.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby toughregion2 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:54 pm

Thats tough to do
some teams would score 10 points a game........
toughregion2

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:13 pm

toughregion2 wrote:Thats tough to do
some teams would score 10 points a game........

What do you mean by that? If they are unbeaten in conference play except the split against each other take the point differential for all those games, add them together, and whoever has the most points wins the conference. That's just a suggestion.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BFAN » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:17 pm

1.Grafton
2.NB
3.PR
4.Cavalier
BFAN

Postby ndfootball06 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:17 pm

automatic99 wrote:

I think a good way to settle it would be to do the head to head point differential, which in this season would go to Grafton. Another way would be to take all the conference games and figure out point differential that way.

I'd have to disagree with this. Grafton played a conference game with their JV this year, and i know North Border did last year, so that wouldn't really seem fair. And I'm pretty sure they are both respectable teams and don't play their starters when theyre up a bunch in the 4th quarter against other teams like Midway-Minto, Drayton-St. Thomas, and/or Valley-Edinburg. So not running the score up on a team can hurt you in the end, that's not fair either. I think it should be point differential head-to-head and if thats a tie, point differential against the 3rd place team. I believe this happened in EDC hockey between GPR and GFRR this year.
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby toughregion2 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:49 pm

I beleive park river dropped to 4th with that loss

i think they had a tie break with cavalier and lost the flipp
toughregion2

Postby vizio » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:41 pm

I dont like this coin toss thing that they do!!It's stupid!!!maybe if they tie I think they should play eachother again and see who gets it!
vizio

Postby MT_20 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:02 pm

vizio wrote:I dont like this coin toss thing that they do!!It's stupid!!!maybe if they tie I think they should play eachother again and see who gets it!

Rules are Rules nobody wants to play grafton there tough to beat on their home floor.
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby toughregion2 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:09 pm

They will meet again when it counts a week from tuesday !!!
toughregion2

Postby vizio » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:03 am

There not that tuff to beat on there home court...NB plays good on there court
vizio

Return to Boys