Toughest Region ?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Toughest Region ?

Postby greatest » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:09 pm

Toughest region in the state ?
The One and The Only, Quite Simply The GREATEST.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Re: Toughest Region ?

Postby cutter90 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:27 pm

Region 4 is fairly tough.. whoever comes and plays could win it
cutter90
NDPreps Starter

Postby truballaz » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:35 pm

Region 8
Watford City
Parshall
New Town
Mandaree
Divide County
Trinity Christian
truballaz
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sioux » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:58 pm

truballaz wrote:Region 8
Watford City
Parshall
New Town
Mandaree
Divide County
Trinity Christian

I second this vote..Some of these teams have 5 or 6 losses however they also have played very tough schedules..It's not like alot of the teams in the east who play their district opponents twice. All of these teams only play each other once during the regular season and go out and get games like Hazen, Killdeer, Minot Ryan, Dunseith, Dickinson Trinity, etc.
Sioux

Postby greatest » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:10 pm

i would also agree that region 8 is the toughest , but that doesnt mean its the best region or that the state champ will come from here (although the defending champs are from here) . just means that the quality of the teams in this region r higher than most others . 2nd toughest would b region 7 as that is always tough -
The One and The Only, Quite Simply The GREATEST.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby Playa_Hata10 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:31 pm

i would have to agree that this year, region 8 is looking like the region with the most above average teams. region 7 has had this crown IMO the last couple of years. it is still very good and very competitive this year with:
Dickinson Trinity
Hazen
Richardton/Taylor
Killdeer
Mott/Regent
Beach (up and down)
Bowman (a little dissapointing this year)
Playa_Hata10

Postby east5840 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:22 pm

region one isnt to bad:

Hankinson
Richland
Central Cass
Lisbon
and a couple sleepers in FSHP and North Sargant
east5840
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thundercat 99 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:43 pm

I think history has proven both region 7 and 8 to be the toughest regions, look at last year's title matchup-Parshall(8) vs. Dickinson Trinity(7)
''You play to win the game!''
thundercat 99
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:45 pm

your basing your history aspect on one year??????? come one thundercat, do some research before you bring your trash on here haha
project-pat

Postby halibut » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:51 pm

You can't base it off of one year. I remember the east being very competitve, actually more than the west if you look at the championships in whole. The powers as of Linton, May-Port CG, and Hillsboro. The only west team that can compare to these is probably Dickinson Trinity.
halibut
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:52 pm

my vote goes for region 7 obviously...but you cant count out "region FOUR winds" they are always amazing because, let's face it, 4 winds is involved, and you can't say a sentence with 4 winds without it containing the word AMAZING...haha sorry, been a while since I poked fun
project-pat

Postby bbplayer » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:17 pm

Four Winds in not physical enough to come out of Region 4, period. Saw them play a few times and when it comes to District and Regionals the games get more physical, just ask New Rockford. Region 4 has to be one of the weakest Regions this year.
bbplayer

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:11 am

I have to disagree....Region 4 is not weak this year. Yeah, they don't have the dominant undefeated (or nearly undefeated) team like some other regions but there are some very strong teams. Just look at how the region teams have stacked up in inter region games at shootouts and such. The top teams in region 4 have beat a lot of top teams of other regions so far this year and whoever comes out of this region will do just fine at state.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:43 am

Region 2

North Border 17-1
Grafton 16-2
Park River 13-4
Dakota Prairie 15-3
Thompson 15-4

Pretty respectable
toughregion2

Postby MT_20 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:42 am

toughregion2 wrote:Region 2

North Border 17-1
Grafton 16-2
Park River 13-4
Dakota Prairie 15-3
Thompson 15-4

Pretty respectable

Dont forget 11-6 Hillsboro and 13-5 park river. this will be a competitve regional anyone could win it
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby old lineman » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:17 pm

This year region 7 or 8 it is a toss up. The other regions have a clear cut favorite. In those two regions you could make a good arguement for about 3 teams to make it
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby poweraidman » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:53 am

I would say region 3 has some tough teams

They have lamoure, and well, linton beat lamoure, so you could say linton, strausberg, and steele are good too, south border is the number 1 seed in their district, and kulm has beaten them, so you could throw kulm in the mix too, that whole region is a tossup, but they have some tough teams
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scruffy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:27 pm

Region seven has six or seven good teams, but I don't know if there are any great ones.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:25 pm

thundercat 99 wrote:I think history has proven both region 7 and 8 to be the toughest regions, look at last year's title matchup-Parshall(8) vs. Dickinson Trinity(7)

If you are going to say history has proven anything about Region 7 and 8 you need to go more then one year back.
2007 - Parshall (8) vs. Dickinson Trinity (7).
2006 - Dickinson Trinity (7) vs. MPCG(2).
2005 - New Rockford (4) vs. Bottineau (6).
2004 - Milnor (1) vs. Dickinson Trinity (7).
2003 - MPCG (2) vs. Dickinson Trinity (7).
2002 - MPCG (2) vs. Berthold (6)
2001 - North Border (2) vs. Cando (4)
2000 - Fargo Oak Grove (1) vs. Bishop Ryan (6)

So thats four appearances for Region 2 in the championship game in the last eight years with 3 wins.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:50 pm

You can't just measure the toughest region by state championships and championship game appearances. Sometimes getting to the state champ game is just the luck of the draw. Some years the 2nd best team at state ends up going to the consolations because they played the best team in state the first round. Or even in the semis for that matter....
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:26 am

ndlionsfan wrote:You can't just measure the toughest region by state championships and championship game appearances. Sometimes getting to the state champ game is just the luck of the draw. Some years the 2nd best team at state ends up going to the consolations because they played the best team in state the first round. Or even in the semis for that matter....

Yes that's true I was just listing the other teams that have been in the game recently farther back then one year. MPCG and NB had pretty tough draws when they made their appearances in the state championship game. NB played defending champion Fargo Oak Grove in round one, no one gave us a chance. Then played perennial State contender Trinity in the second round, another "upset". Then in the title game played #1 ranked 27-0 Cando, who beat us by close to 30 the first time around, in the championship.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby shortstop » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:56 am

I have seen most of the teams in Region 8 and the six mentioned are pretty good. They have gone out and played teams from other regions and taken a few loses and won a few. Watford City still looks the best to me. They have had a lot of close games but have managed to pull all of them out. Got another one with Dickinson Trinity tonight I believe. The other teams are up and down. NewTown comes close to Watford and then beats Trenton by only two points! DC loses to Powers Lake and then beats TC. Go figure. Watford has been the most consistant. But look out for TC. I have not seen much of the rest of the state, so I can't say anything about other regions. Looking at the papers every day, Region 7 seems pretty competitive too. Would love to see Killdeer on TV.
shortstop

Postby brockstar41 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:04 pm

Region 4. Four Winds, Warwick, NRS, Munich Starkweather, and St. Johns. Plus Carrington, North Star, Minneawauken Leads, and Langdon can all play tough. The Region Tourament should be fun to watch.
brockstar41
NDPreps Starter

Postby toughregion2 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:51 pm

WoW after the thumping a average L-M put on Four Winds sure shakes up that district and region.
toughregion2

Postby Dareybuck » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:54 pm

I think region 1. the region has some really tough defensive schools within it. teams beat eachother up duing the regular season. i admit we have lidgerwood, 0-19 but other than that we have alot of teams with solid wins and solid lossess. meaning a lose to apretty darm good competitor. i have only seen i few games out of region 1 so i might be bias but thats what i think this year.
a great player can win a game but a TEAM can win EVERY game.
Dareybuck
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys