Toughest Region ?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Toughest Region ?

Postby luciloo07 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:20 pm

I will take the word "tough" in a different way. Not in the way that "Oh, we've got the toughest, best team." I'll take it as who's gonna have the toughest competition for the title of Region champ. I think Region 4 is the toughest. This region could go about 6 different directions. There isn't one team that is an OBVIOUS pick, there's just several teams that could hold their own: 4W, ML, MS, Lang, St. John. You can't really count anyone out at this point.
luciloo07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby magic715 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:34 pm

luciloo07 wrote:I will take the word "tough" in a different way. Not in the way that "Oh, we've got the toughest, best team." I'll take it as who's gonna have the toughest competition for the title of Region champ. I think Region 4 is the toughest. This region could go about 6 different directions. There isn't one team that is an OBVIOUS pick, there's just several teams that could hold their own: 4W, ML, MS, Lang, St. John. You can't really count anyone out at this point.

I guarantee St John wont win, if they do then this is a weak region.
magic715

Postby luciloo07 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:39 pm

magic715 wrote:
luciloo07 wrote:I will take the word "tough" in a different way. Not in the way that "Oh, we've got the toughest, best team." I'll take it as who's gonna have the toughest competition for the title of Region champ. I think Region 4 is the toughest. This region could go about 6 different directions. There isn't one team that is an OBVIOUS pick, there's just several teams that could hold their own: 4W, ML, MS, Lang, St. John. You can't really count anyone out at this point.

Very true, I don't think St. John will go. But I think they could knock out of the other teams that have major potential (MS, ML, 4W) They only lost to MS by 4.
luciloo07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WhiteSnake » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:03 pm

Watford's region is pretty top-heavy for the most part. But good none the less. I think it hands down goes to Region 7. Hazen, started the year number one for a reason, but didn't catch a groove til late season. Beulah runs 10-deep and has gotten so much better. Glen-Ullin could even make a splash if they were in Turtle Lake region. If Turtle Lake doesn't make it out alive they should be very sad, so good luck Center and Shiloh! But back to 7, Trinity also runs deep, Richardton has some prime-time performers in Zent and whats his face Messer. Alot of hard fought games took place in this region this year. Not to mention the machine that is Austin Dufault, when he has a good game, he makes it into a great game unless the refs get in his head.
You're either first, or you're last
WhiteSnake
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:08 pm

WhiteSnake wrote:Watford's region is pretty top-heavy for the most part. But good none the less. I think it hands down goes to Region 7. Hazen, started the year number one for a reason, but didn't catch a groove til late season. Beulah runs 10-deep and has gotten so much better. Glen-Ullin could even make a splash if they were in Turtle Lake region. If Turtle Lake doesn't make it out alive they should be very sad, so good luck Center and Shiloh! But back to 7, Trinity also runs deep, Richardton has some prime-time performers in Zent and whats his face Messer. Alot of hard fought games took place in this region this year. Not to mention the machine that is Austin Dufault, when he has a good game, he makes it into a great game unless the refs get in his head.

how do you even make an argument for region 7 when you bring up those 2 teams...and not teams like Mott, Beach, and Bowman?
project-pat

Postby WhiteSnake » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:09 am

project-pat wrote:
WhiteSnake wrote:Watford's region is pretty top-heavy for the most part. But good none the less. I think it hands down goes to Region 7. Hazen, started the year number one for a reason, but didn't catch a groove til late season. Beulah runs 10-deep and has gotten so much better. Glen-Ullin could even make a splash if they were in Turtle Lake's region. If Turtle Lake doesn't make it out alive they should be very sad, so good luck Center and Shiloh! But back to 7, Trinity also runs deep, Richardton has some prime-time performers in Zent and whats his face Messer. Alot of hard fought games took place in this region this year. Not to mention the machine that is Austin Dufault, when he has a good game, he makes it into a great game unless the refs get in his head.

how do you even make an argument for region 7 when you bring up those 2 teams...and not teams like Mott, Beach, and Bowman?

Sorry dude, I didnt have time to write the entire book on region 7

mott's solid, they've got three legit scorers and kirschman plays his role real well. district 14 is better tho. the record's will probably point that way and back me up. i havent seen beach play but weinreis is quick but i dont see him scoring a ton, tescher fades away too much, its a swish or an airball most of the time but still scores..all-around i thot they were pretty sloppy last year but i'll have a chance to watch em later. zachman is a real good athlete for being 6'5ish, shot and boarded well last year. bowman didn't impress me much this year.

and you obviously don't watch much of beulah and like i mentioned they have 10 guys that aren't afraid to score for them, they play reall unselfish...they lost by 3 to minot ryan not more than a week ago. glen ullin was beating trinity at half by 5 in their district game against them. Jared Auer seems to be able to hit from almost anywhere, I don't know what exactly happened to the kid because I've been watching him for the good part of 5 years now and I'm afraid he's the closest thing to jaden voth glen ullin will ever see, even though its almpst rude to put those two in the same sentence. however both teams lost..both played their opponents VERY tough. glen ullin was even missing their 4th best starter. i have to believe the reason they lost was because they only play 5 guys, the cupboard is pretty bare up there. trintiy just ran them out of the gym. so dont underestimate any teams that can put 10 different guys on the floor in a game. aka trinity and beulah
WhiteSnake
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wildboy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:39 pm

luciloo07 wrote:
magic715 wrote:

Very true, I don't think St. John will go. But I think they could knock out of the other teams that have major potential (MS, ML, 4W) They only lost to MS by 4.

Four Wnds beat St. John by 17 pts. on class B day at the sportscenter.
wildboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby WhiteSnake » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:10 am

This topic can pretty much be put to rest

Region 7 wins it hands down. I wont say the winner will win state but top to bottom...its region 7
WhiteSnake
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:11 am

Region 2 had 3 teams ranked in the state in one bracket.
toughregion2

Postby WhiteSnake » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:19 am

doesnt matter bud, 7 shoulda had 6
WhiteSnake
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wildcat » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:46 am

Just because Region 8 is tough this year and has the defending state champion, doesn't mean they should be in the discussion of the toughest regions year in and year out. This year, there is a good pack in R8.
But I'd also like to mention how unbelievably bad the lower half of Region 8 is and always has been. Compare that to some of the other regions, especially Region 7. How many years did Trinity Christian go to state? It seemed like they were regular guests in the sunshine bracket. They had good teams, but I don't know if I'd say Region 8 teams have done particularly well in the state tournament, or that there are strong top to bottom. They do, however, have a strong pack of teams that ranks among the best in the state.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby future star » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:43 am

region 6 i mean you got Bishop, Dunseith, Berthold, and Rugby. This region has alot of talent.
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wildcat » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:37 pm

Rugby made it to regionals this year...after watching them play twice, I couldn't imagine a situation where they would get to regionals in most of the regions in the state.

Region 6 was definitely down this year. Maybe the worst region in the state, though it's obviously arguable. R6 was one of the worst two in the state.

Next year, however, should be a stronger year considering how much talent everyone is bringing back. I don't know if it will be up there as the best, but it won't be as bad as it was this year.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Boys