RT

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

RT

Postby macone » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:30 am

YA, YES. I'M TYPING IN CAP'S, AND RT WON AGAIN TONIGHT. 2 LOSES FOR THE YEAR. MUST BE A WEAK REAGION? BUT I HAVE TO SAY THAT, MOTT-REGENT WILL GO TO STATE. WHAT'S YOUR THOUGHTS?
macone

Re: RT

Postby bigpoppakdog » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:26 am

I watched them play new salem(who has qualified for one region tournament the last 20 years) take them to the limit....no offense...but RT did not impress me for being a ranked team in state and being the #1 seed in that "super district." They are good defensively, but everyone in that region is. I can see how they got blown out in the past due to not being able to score(zent was held to 7 points in NS box-n-1 defense). If the score is in the 50's or 60's they will lose...in the 30's or 40's they will win. Haven't seen MR play so...??????
bigpoppakdog

Postby Playa_Hata10 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:54 pm

Richardton Taylor has 2 above average players in Zent and Messer. Both of them primarily play outside of the paint....that is their downfall. They dont have any reliable true post players and it forces them to rely on driving and shooting 3's..and when those arent dropping and someone is chasing zent...they arent that great of a team. When that happens they have to rely on their defense, and thats usually what wins it for them, as it did in new salem. But when it comes to districts and regionals, zent and messer are going to have to shoot well for consecutive games to even think about makin a run to state.
Playa_Hata10

Postby bigpoppakdog » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:51 pm

I agree 100% with your analogy....forgot to mention they do have some players that "attack" the basket really well....but all in all, your right on the money....also a question...the coach got a T immediately in the game...heard he rubs officials the wrong way(or has in the past)....is this a concern for RT or a benefit for RT?
bigpoppakdog

Postby American_Gangster » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:14 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:I agree 100% with your analogy....forgot to mention they do have some players that "attack" the basket really well....but all in all, your right on the money....also a question...the coach got a T immediately in the game...heard he rubs officials the wrong way(or has in the past)....is this a concern for RT or a benefit for RT?

i guess it probably wouldnt be a benefit if your coach rubbed the refs the wrong way to start out a game. You probably arent going to have very many calls go your way after that. The only way to get the calls is to rub them right.
American_Gangster

Postby old lineman » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:14 pm

I have not watched RT play BB but there was no quit in those boys when they played football. That has got to count for something.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby macone » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:48 am

HERE'S WHAT I HATE. THE REGIONALS ARE AT TRINITY ONCE AGAIN. IT USED TO BE SAID THAT THE HOME TEAM HAD ABOUT A 7 OR 8 POINT ADVANTAGE. IS THIS STILL TRUE?
macone

Postby letsgosox » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:09 pm

macone wrote:HERE'S WHAT I HATE. THE REGIONALS ARE AT TRINITY ONCE AGAIN. IT USED TO BE SAID THAT THE HOME TEAM HAD ABOUT A 7 OR 8 POINT ADVANTAGE. IS THIS STILL TRUE?

hey i have an idea, lets NOT discuss this because it has been done about 1,000,000 times already. THE COACHES vote where to have it, and they always choose trinity. it has the most seating, and is the best facility in the area. so SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
letsgosox

Postby macone » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:31 pm

i hear you.
macone

Postby poweraidman » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:43 pm

I saw RT play in the linton holiday tourny, and they didnt impress me at all i dont get how they are ranked in state
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby chevyman11 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:04 pm

poweraidman wrote:I saw RT play in the linton holiday tourny, and they didnt impress me at all i dont get how they are ranked in state

Thank you. When I saw them play I wasn't impressed either and I'd also like to know how they're ranked...but I know someone is going to come on here and tell me that they only have 2 losses.......
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:06 pm

1 loss to bowman, tehe...just run a box and 1 on zent...get in his head a little in the process and they aren't ranked in the state anymore
project-pat

Postby just_here2say_1thing » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:39 pm

they are ranked in state because they beat teams like hazen trinity killdeer and bowman
just_here2say_1thing

Postby bigpoppakdog » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:42 pm

RT is a solid team without a doubt.....very good defensively and have some athletic players.....but other good teams that are solid offensively I think will be able to handle RT...like I mentioned earlier if the score is in the 40s-50's I think they can beat anyone..if the score gets to the 60's then I don't think they can win...although against New Salem they did score around 40 points in a couple quarters....be it against a team that only plays 5 players...so fatigue might have been a factor in that game....anyway to say they aren't very good is bulletin board material for them...I know they would have no problems against all the other teams around the other regions except Watford and Turtle lake...and they have beat the top teams from their own region already..so their record and ranking is deserved...although I don't believe they are a lock coming out of their region...
bigpoppakdog

Postby project-pat » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:18 am

Heart River 56, Richardton-Taylor 54

R-T 10 25 33 54

HR 10 25 42 56

R-T: Dylan Messer 16, Jadon Messer 15, Garrett Zent 9, Lane Transtrom 8, Robert Messmer 4, Casey Naumann 2.

HR: James Duletski 25, Devon Schmeling 11, Jimmy Smith 9, Daniel Mehrer 6, Cody Koppenstein 4, Eric Taylor 1.

3-pointers: D. Messer, J. Messer, Schmeling, Duletski. Free throws: R-T 10-24, HR 10-17. Total fouls: R-T 17, HR 21. Fouled out: Zent, Schmeling. Rebounds: R-T 42, HR 28 (Schmeling 9). Turnovers: R-T 9, HR 16.

MCLOVIN.......NICE!!!
project-pat

Postby Playa_Hata10 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:19 am

project-pat wrote:Heart River 56, Richardton-Taylor 54

R-T 10 25 33 54

HR 10 25 42 56

R-T: Dylan Messer 16, Jadon Messer 15, Garrett Zent 9, Lane Transtrom 8, Robert Messmer 4, Casey Naumann 2.

HR: James Duletski 25, Devon Schmeling 11, Jimmy Smith 9, Daniel Mehrer 6, Cody Koppenstein 4, Eric Taylor 1.

3-pointers: D. Messer, J. Messer, Schmeling, Duletski. Free throws: R-T 10-24, HR 10-17. Total fouls: R-T 17, HR 21. Fouled out: Zent, Schmeling. Rebounds: R-T 42, HR 28 (Schmeling 9). Turnovers: R-T 9, HR 16.

MCLOVIN.......NICE!!!

WOW..i definately did not see that loss coming......what happened!?
Playa_Hata10

Postby niebuhr#81 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:59 am

Playa_Hata10 wrote:
project-pat wrote:Heart River 56, Richardton-Taylor 54

R-T 10 25 33 54

HR 10 25 42 56

MCLOVIN.......NICE!!!

WOW..i definately did not see that loss coming......what happened!?

R-T missed a lot of easy shots
niebuhr#81
NDPreps Reserve

Postby macone » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:26 pm

NOT ONLY DID RT MISS ABOUT 20 LAY-UP SHOTS, THEY MISSED 14 FREETHROWS AND THEIR PRESS GAVE UP 12 TO 15 LAY-UPS TO SH-B ON FULL COURT PASSES. GIVE SOUTH HEART- BELFIELD CREDIT THOUGH CAUSE WHEN THEY FOUND OUT THEY COULD PLAY WITH R-T THEY OUT HUSTLED THEM WHICH I DIDN'T THINK WOULD BE POSSIBLE. SEE WHAT HAPPENS TONIGHT AS R-T PLAYS AN EVEN BETTER BEACH TEAM AT HOME FOR THEIR FINAL GAME OF THE YEAR.
macone

Postby Playa_Hata10 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:25 pm

what was the result of the beach - RT game?...box score anyone?
Playa_Hata10

Postby project-pat » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:42 pm

Beach 58, Richardton-Taylor 53

Beach 13 24 38 58

R-T 15 23 47 53

B: Jake Tescher 16, Nathan Zachmann 13, Derek Weinreis 9, Justin Maus 9, Nolan Niece 9, Lance Dykins 2.

R-T: Dylan Messer 16, Lane Transtrom 9, Garrett Zent 9, Colten Zillich 5, Jadon Messer 4, Brandon Myran 4, Robert Messmer 4, Kasey Naumann 2.

3-pointers: Niece 2, Tescher, D. Messer 4, Zillich. Free throws: B 15-25, R-T 6-18. Total fouls: B 16, R-T 22. Fouled out: Weinreis, J. Messer.

RICHARDTON TAYLOR= MOST OVERRATED TEAM IN THE STATE
project-pat

Postby Playa_Hata10 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:13 pm

project-pat wrote:Beach 58, Richardton-Taylor 53

Beach 13 24 38 58

R-T 15 23 47 53

B: Jake Tescher 16, Nathan Zachmann 13, Derek Weinreis 9, Justin Maus 9, Nolan Niece 9, Lance Dykins 2.

R-T: Dylan Messer 16, Lane Transtrom 9, Garrett Zent 9, Colten Zillich 5, Jadon Messer 4, Brandon Myran 4, Robert Messmer 4, Kasey Naumann 2.

3-pointers: Niece 2, Tescher, D. Messer 4, Zillich. Free throws: B 15-25, R-T 6-18. Total fouls: B 16, R-T 22. Fouled out: Weinreis, J. Messer.

RICHARDTON TAYLOR= MOST OVERRATED TEAM IN THE STATE

wow...what a way to go into district play..i totally agree with you pat, way overrated...before they think they can go to state, theyd better try to get out of districts..
Playa_Hata10

Postby macone » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:21 pm

OK, I WAS KIND OF STRINGING YOU GUYS ALONG. I'VE SEEN EVERY GAME "RT" PLAYED THIS YEAR AND I WILL BET ANYONE, THEY WILL NOT LOSE MORE THAN 2 GAMES THE REST OF THE YEAR.
macone

Postby letsgosox » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:15 pm

macone wrote:OK, I WAS KIND OF STRINGING YOU GUYS ALONG. I'VE SEEN EVERY GAME "RT" PLAYED THIS YEAR AND I WILL BET ANYONE, THEY WILL NOT LOSE MORE THAN 2 GAMES THE REST OF THE YEAR.

how much you want to make this bet for?
letsgosox

Postby project-pat » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:16 pm

The only reason they are going to make it out of districts is because of Beulah and Glen Ulin...they will lose in the first round of regionals
project-pat

Postby chevyman11 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:17 pm

Even if they lose 1 more game that could stop them from going to state. And I think they will lose during regionals and that they are not going to state.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Boys