Biggest Fan Attendence?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Biggest Fan Attendence?

Postby anit couz » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:28 pm

what game do you think had the most fans??
anit couz

Re: Biggest Fan Attendence?

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:57 pm

In the 98 championship game it was announced that the dome had a record attendance for a state tourney at 11,000 and change. Don't know if its been broken since. When Kansas came to UND that year at the Ralph it was announced that it was a record attendance for any bball game in the state of ND at 12,000 some. I've also heard that the FW vs ML game last year that got moved to the Sportscenter set the record for attendance for a single regular season game at over 3000 people. Don't know if that's true or not or if they even keep track of that type of thing.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby letsgosox » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:03 pm

region 7 championship game 2 years ago drew around 3,000, and maybe more..that has to be up there
letsgosox

Postby project-pat » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:05 pm

I was at that game...showed up a good 3-4 hours early and still had to wait quite a while in line...they closed the doors way early...every seat in the bleachers, even the stairs, was taken with people standing all over the place, even kids sitting on the floor behind the baskets...crazy basketball atmosphere
project-pat

Postby AAfootballfan » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:41 pm

One of the larger crowds ever at the State Class B Boys Tourney was in 1991 when Munich and Watford City battled for the state crown which the Wolves narrowly won. What a great atmosphere that was at the Minot State Dome that night!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby letsgosox » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:24 pm

project-pat wrote:I was at that game...showed up a good 3-4 hours early and still had to wait quite a while in line...they closed the doors way early...every seat in the bleachers, even the stairs, was taken with people standing all over the place, even kids sitting on the floor behind the baskets...crazy basketball atmosphere

the other region 7 championship game that sold out was the 2002 regional championship between killdeer and trinity. they had rows of folding chairs behind the baskets on each end and people still ended up standing.
letsgosox

Postby Mauer07 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:36 pm

it doesnt really matter who is playing the region 7 championship.... you still have to wait in line for hours just to get a decent seat. This is the reason why the region 7 tourny is at Trinity because it has the most seating
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby letsgosox » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:02 am

Mauer07 wrote:it doesnt really matter who is playing the region 7 championship.... you still have to wait in line for hours just to get a decent seat. This is the reason why the region 7 tourny is at Trinity because it has the most seating

some years is a bigger game than others. and is that the reason they have it at trinity? thank you for enlightening me
letsgosox

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:53 am

I remember when Valley City and West Fargo had those great teams in the 90's. I was a student at VCSU at the time, they had the game in the Bubble and they had to stop letting people in the building way before the game started. Good times
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BB11 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:11 am

AAfootballfan wrote:One of the larger crowds ever at the State Class B Boys Tourney was in 1991 when Munich and Watford City battled for the state crown which the Wolves narrowly won. What a great atmosphere that was at the Minot State Dome that night!

Agreed - that was the largest crowd I had ever seen at a HS game. It was fun to be a part of it. I believe that they counted 10,500 + for that night.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:56 am

There is nothing like a packed gym. I love that atmosphere and there is nothing like it anywhere else. I have been to several T-Wolves games and the atmosphere there is no way like a good class B crowd.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:38 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:There is nothing like a packed gym. I love that atmosphere and there is nothing like it anywhere else. I have been to several T-Wolves games and the atmosphere there is no way like a good class B crowd.

The wolves this year, or with KG? I don't think here is much to cheer about with th wolves this year besides maybe to get rid of Mchale. Anyway, ya anyone who went to the state championship game last year could just feel the excitement in the civic center.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:18 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:There is nothing like a packed gym. I love that atmosphere and there is nothing like it anywhere else. I have been to several T-Wolves games and the atmosphere there is no way like a good class B crowd.

The wolves this year, or with KG? I don't think here is much to cheer about with th wolves this year besides maybe to get rid of Mchale. Anyway, ya anyone who went to the state championship game last year could just feel the excitement in the civic center.

i was at that game up in the way corner haha, when Packineau got that 4 point play the place just went off. I would have so much adrenaline goin on i probably wouldve banked the free throw or air balled it by 3 feet because i didnt want to shoot it to hard. Ive played in a district championship and even that was amazing. doesnt matter where your from you cheer for one team or the other and the fact that the crowd is right on the floor in every game makes it that much better.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indians Alumni » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:53 pm

:mrgreen:
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bgt3225 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:14 am

Region 3 champioship 2 years ago PBK vs. Lamoure when florhaug hit the game-winning 3 had like 4000 people.
bgt3225
NDPreps Reserve

Postby kobe4mvp » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:10 pm

state championship back in 1990 dunseith vs. edgeley. set the record for attendence at the msu dome
kobe4mvp

Postby baseball » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:17 pm

bgt3225 wrote:Region 3 champioship 2 years ago PBK vs. Lamoure when florhaug hit the game-winning 3 had like 4000 people.

what is capacity for the JCC...maybe rep knows?...but it was either at that or a little more. it was absolutely packed
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:26 pm

baseball wrote:
bgt3225 wrote:Region 3 champioship 2 years ago PBK vs. Lamoure when florhaug hit the game-winning 3 had like 4000 people.

what is capacity for the JCC...maybe rep knows?...but it was either at that or a little more. it was absolutely packed

Was there more in 2004 when Linton came back from 17 on LaMoure in the second half. Seems to me like it was full then too. For a regular season game sell out, how about in 2005 when #1 in the state New Rockford-Sheyenne played #3 or something like that Linton at the Jamestown Civic Center. Wasn't that also packed too? That was just a regular season game too. Not a regional championship game.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:37 am

accoring to the jimmies' website, it seats about 6100
http://www.jc.edu/athletics/mbbCivicCen ... portId=256

i don't know if it was at capacity or not for any of those...i wasn't there when linton came back from 17 down on lamoure. it was absolutely packed the night florhaug hit the game-winning three-pointer. i don't think it was as packed the night linton and nrs played...there was more people than usual there, but it is tough to say on that one...i was still fairly new at that point and didn't quite have as good of a feel for crowds and such.
rep

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:42 am

if the capacity is 6100 then there was over 6000 there for Flourhaugs shot...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby booyah » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:54 am

baseball wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:

i was at that game up in the way corner haha, when Packineau got that 4 point play the place just went off. I would have so much adrenaline goin on i probably wouldve banked the free throw or air balled it by 3 feet because i didnt want to shoot it to hard. Ive played in a district championship and even that was amazing. doesnt matter where your from you cheer for one team or the other and the fact that the crowd is right on the floor in every game makes it that much better.

the place went insane when he made that 3. im pretty sure almost everybody in the place was cheering against trinity. i know i was.....
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:12 am

booyah wrote:
baseball wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:

the place went insane when he made that 3. im pretty sure almost everybody in the place was cheering against trinity. i know i was.....

same here....i bet it was a good 85-15 against Trinty with the 15 all being people from Dickinson
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys