Week 10 Poll

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Week 10 Poll

Postby shooter » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:06 pm

Looks like the NE corner of the state is receiving plenty of love with NB and Grafton in the poll and MS, Thompson, NRS, and DP all getting votes. Shows how tough region 2 and 3 are!
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby playa10 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:11 pm

I would definitely agree with that last post. Region 2 year in and year out is undoubtedly one of the best regions in the state. It is interesting to think how a 3 or 4 loss team in the NE regions would do in another region that does not have the balance and strength of Region 2 for example. Any thoughts?

I can also remember one year where NB, Fordville-Lankin, Hillsboro, MPCG, and Thompson were all in the top 10 in state, and Cavalier and Dakota Prairie were receiving votes. That was one heck of a region tournament!
playa10

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:18 pm

shooter wrote:Looks like the NE corner of the state is receiving plenty of love with NB and Grafton in the poll and MS, Thompson, NRS, and DP all getting votes. Shows how tough region 2 and 3 are!

also the toughness of region 1 with 3 teams in the top 10
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:40 pm

[quote="shooter"]Looks like the NE corner of the state is receiving plenty of love with NB and Grafton in the poll and MS, Thompson, NRS, and DP all getting votes. Shows how tough region 2 and 3 are![/quote]

NRS and MS are in Region 4, not 3...

Yes, region 2 has been one of the toughest regions in the state over the last 10 years or so. Region 4 has also been very tough, tho. There was an argument about this last spring with a lot of data to support both regions. This year I think region 4 is better than region 2, tho. We might not have the dominant team like NB or maybe Grafton, but it is far more balanced. Region 4 teams have a pretty good record against Region 2 teams this year.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby taveg » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:03 pm

scc wrote:Last year, there were a few polls that had 4 teams in the top 10 in region 7. It all goes in cycles.

actually to be more specific i think all 4 were in the same district :P
taveg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bison17 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:06 pm

These polls dont even matter they arent even correct they just go by the number of wins and losses u have not by how tough of schedule u have and wat your disctrict record is or anything that really matters
Bison17
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:18 pm

Hey, give some love to the pollsters. They actually exchange quite a bit of information about schedules, performances, etc before they vote. You are write, they mean nothing, but let's give the pollsters for an honest effort to rank teams.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:19 pm

scc wrote:Team Record Points Last Week
1 Watford City (11) 16-0 119 1
2 LaMoure (1) 17-0 109 2
3 Bishop Ryan 16-1 84 3
4 Hankinson 16-1 79 4
5 North Border 16-1 68 5
6 Turtle Lake-Mercer 15-1 60 6
7 Richland 15-2 43 7
8 Grafton 16-2 39 9
9 Richardton-Taylor 15-2 19 10
10 Lisbon 15-3 12 7

Others Receiving Votes: Munich-Starkweather (14-2), Thompson (13-4), Dakota Prairie (12-4), New Rockford-Sheyenne, Steele-Dawson (14-2).

2 Questions: 1. How does DP get votes when they get pounded by 26 vs FW and 21 vs NR-S and FW doesn't get any votes with the same record? 2. How does Dunseith not even get votes while winning 12 games in a row?
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:25 pm

They must take strengh of schedule into account

they must not deserve votes thats my guess why they arent getting them
toughregion2

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:33 pm

I think the top 8 definitely deserve to be in the poll. RT probably does, too. I don't think Lisbon deserves to be in there, tho. MS, NRS, and SD could make a case based on their record and who they've beat. Dunseith could make a case because of their winning streak, even tho they have 3 early season losses. FW, DP, and Thompson I believe deserve votes, but not to be in the poll...too many losses. There are probably 15 teams that could make a strong case to be ranked, but there are only 10 spots.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flyer » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:40 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
shooter wrote:Looks like the NE corner of the state is receiving plenty of love with NB and Grafton in the poll and MS, Thompson, NRS, and DP all getting votes. Shows how tough region 2 and 3 are!

Yes, region 2 has been one of the toughest regions in the state over the last 10 years or so. Region 4 has also been very tough, tho. There was an argument about this last spring with a lot of data to support both regions. This year I think region 4 is better than region 2, tho. We might not have the dominant team like NB or maybe Grafton, but it is far more balanced. Region 4 teams have a pretty good record against Region 2 teams this year.

Region 8 is way stronger than region 2--Take the top four teams in each region and region 8 would be the best..Watford City, Trinity Christian, New Town, Divide County, Parshall, Mandaree--These 6 would all give Grafton and North Border a run for their money..Didn't Watford beat Grafton by like 20 + earlier this year. And all these teams have competed with Watford during the regular season..REGION 2 is not strong..Region 7 and 8 are the strongest.
Flyer

Postby region 2 opinion » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:42 pm

I bekieve N.B. is 6-0 vs region 4 this year but I also agree region 4 has great balance and it should be a great tournament.
region 2 opinion
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:21 pm

region 2 opinion wrote:I bekieve N.B. is 6-0 vs region 4 this year but I also agree region 4 has great balance and it should be a great tournament.

Yes, North Border is definitely the top team in this part of the state. I believe Grafton is 2-0 against Region 4, too. The rest of Region 2 has lost most of their games against Region 4 opponents, tho. Nobody in Region 4 can stack up with NB, tho
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ginsbach » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:11 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:I think the top 8 definitely deserve to be in the poll. RT probably does, too. I don't think Lisbon deserves to be in there, tho. MS, NRS, and SD could make a case based on their record and who they've beat. Dunseith could make a case because of their winning streak, even tho they have 3 early season losses. FW, DP, and Thompson I believe deserve votes, but not to be in the poll...too many losses. There are probably 15 teams that could make a strong case to be ranked, but there are only 10 spots.

Lisbon is 15-3, with losses coming from #2 Lamoure, #4 Hankinson, and #7 Richland. They only lost to LaMoure by 3 and to Richland by 1. That seems to be a pretty big case to be ranked in the top 10 to me, despite the 17 point loss to Hankinson.
Ginsbach
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseballlvr » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:39 pm

Ginsbach wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:I think the top 8 definitely deserve to be in the poll. RT probably does, too. I don't think Lisbon deserves to be in there, tho. MS, NRS, and SD could make a case based on their record and who they've beat. Dunseith could make a case because of their winning streak, even tho they have 3 early season losses. FW, DP, and Thompson I believe deserve votes, but not to be in the poll...too many losses. There are probably 15 teams that could make a strong case to be ranked, but there are only 10 spots.

Lisbon is 15-3, with losses coming from #2 Lamoure, #4 Hankinson, and #7 Richland. They only lost to LaMoure by 3 and to Richland by 1. That seems to be a pretty big case to be ranked in the top 10 to me, despite the 17 point loss to Hankinson.

That's exactly why Bison17 is wrong when he says that the polls don't even matter, they just look at the record. If they looked at the record, then NRS or MS would be in that 10 spot instead of Lisbon. Obviously they take a look at the schedule, and the people you've lost to to determine the polls.
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

Postby vizio » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:02 am

Flyer how can u say region 2 is not strong at all??Just because WC is undefeated doesn't mean anything!It all counts when it comes to tournament time!
vizio

Postby automatic99 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:41 pm

scc wrote:Are there any games this week that could shake up the poll?

NB against Park River. Also Thompson and DP play.
automatic99
NDPreps Starter

Postby booyah » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:35 am

scc wrote:Are there any games this week that could shake up the poll?

hankinson plays at richland on friday
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:52 pm

Flyer wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:

Region 8 is way stronger than region 2--Take the top four teams in each region and region 8 would be the best..Watford City, Trinity Christian, New Town, Divide County, Parshall, Mandaree--These 6 would all give Grafton and North Border a run for their money..Didn't Watford beat Grafton by like 20 + earlier this year. And all these teams have competed with Watford during the regular season..REGION 2 is not strong..Region 7 and 8 are the strongest.

You are right flyer, Region 2 isn't strong this year. Must be one of the weakest Regions in the state! The top two teams in the Region have a combined record of 32-3 with 2 of those losses coming to each other. Sure Grafton got pumped by Watford City earlier this year but that was the first weekend of the season. They have got much better since that game and are not to be taken lightly. North Border has played plenty of out of conference games and all they do is win them. I may agree it's not the strongest Region in the state this year. You say Region 2 is not strong, which really shows your sports IQ, or lack thereof.
Last edited by north_border_eagles2106 on Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:36 pm

I think North Border Eagles meant Watford City.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:34 pm

cubsfan wrote:I think North Border Eagles meant Watford City.

Yes, I did. Thanks for pointing that out I never would've noticed it, haha.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby luckyinlife » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:10 am

WC is now the only undefeated team in the state. LaMoure lost last night to Linton by 4.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby MT_20 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:04 pm

luckyinlife wrote:WC is now the only undefeated team in the state. LaMoure lost last night to Linton by 4.

do u think lamoure will drop in the polls because of the loss.
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby niebuhr#81 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:14 am

R/T won't be in the polls anymore.....lost to Heart River
niebuhr#81
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Iron Scope » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:49 am

MT_20 wrote:
luckyinlife wrote:WC is now the only undefeated team in the state. LaMoure lost last night to Linton by 4.

do u think lamoure will drop in the polls because of the loss.

I believe that they will drop to about 4 and Turtle-Lake Mercer will be 2.
Iron Scope

Next

Return to Boys