2008 Pre District Region Champ Predictions

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2008 Pre District Region Champ Predictions

Postby ndsportsfan00 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:05 pm

[quote][/quoteTo all you bashers out there of my post about the unfair advantage of riding a bus or being in your hometown. If any of you ever played the game you would know what i am talking about. When you play in a game you get tired and sore muscles, then you get on a bus with cramped seating, ride a 100 miles, get home late, and then ride the bus back the next day it can take a toll on your body. Try it sometime!

WINNERS WIN, LOSERS MAKE EXCUSES
ndsportsfan00

Postby MGUNVILLE » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:17 pm

If any of you guys don't it makes a difference put Minot Ryan on a bus, drive them to Rugby and back a coule hours before the game. In reference to winners and losers the game hasn't been played yet.
MGUNVILLE

Postby ndsportsfan00 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:00 pm

I agree that the game hasn't been played yet, and that wasn't what I was referring to with that comment. I just think it's strange that, as you said, the game hasn't been played yet and you are already making excuses for your team. If Dunseith beats Ryan at Regionals I don't think the win would mean more because they overcame the disadvantage of traveling. If Ryan beats Dunseith I don't think the win would mean less because they had an "advantage" in not having to travel.

I am going to make a prediction that if your team loses it will be due to one of two factors:
1. Traveling factor
2. Poor referring factor.

You decide
ndsportsfan00

Postby ndsportsfan00 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:46 pm

MGunville-

One more thing. Ryans only loss this year is to Dunseith. A game in which they traveled on a bus to get to. No wonder they lost, they had to ride on a bus! Totally unfair advantage Dunseith.
ndsportsfan00

Postby luciloo07 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:37 pm

MT_20 wrote:
MGUNVILLE wrote:To all you bashers out there of my post about the unfair advantage of riding a bus or being in your hometown. If any of you ever played the game you would know what i am talking about. When you play in a game you get tired and sore muscles, then you get on a bus with cramped seating, ride a 100 miles, get home late, and then ride the bus back the next day it can take a toll on your body. Try it sometime!

I don't no wat bus u ride in but it must be packed on our bus every player gets his own seat it is very relaxing before the games and u can also prepare with out someone there to talk to u

I am going to agree with the both of you. When I played girls ball in high school, we had more than 30 people on a bus at one time. Being girls, we packed alot of...stuff...we probably didn't need. Those took up ALOT of room. So you have a 45 ppl capacity...and it was full. Two to a seat. Bags shoved in 3 seats and under seats. Let's not forget stats and coaches. But then our boys team this year has 13 total players. 2 stats and 2 coaches. They get lots of room on a big bus. But when you're a little school and you have to drive 2 hours to a game...it does wear you out and tighten some muscles.
luciloo07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scruffy » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:33 pm

MGUNVILLE, If I was on your team I guess I would forfeit every road game and refuse to enter any tournament. Good teams overcome things like riding a bus and usually find a way to win...
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:37 pm

So........................any predictions about Region champs?
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewins » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:41 pm

Well if this bus riding theory wants to hold true, then how come Shiloh Christian hasn't won the state tournament the last 2 years ? Isn't that hometown advantage ? They got to sleep in thier own beds, not travel on loaded buses ? Also I do believe Dunseith played AT Ryan last year and beat them... There is a reason Good teams are good ! Good teams don't let buses and travel and beds and little things factor into the way they play the game, and maybe that why some teams win games at tournament time (i.e. Dickinson Trinity).
defensewins
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndsportsfan00 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:23 pm

Dunseith won their District Championship game IN BOTTINEAU. How did they get there? By bus?
ndsportsfan00

Postby steel33 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:23 pm

Region

1.- Hankinson(Mauch just too good)
2. North Border
3. Lamoure
4. New Rockford?? wide open region
5. Turtle Lake Mercer- No one close in this region
6. Dunseith- Hot at the right time.
7. Mott/Regent
8. Watford City
steel33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MGUNVILLE » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:36 pm

Hey guys just kidding about the bus thing, but it sure got a lot of reactions. I think it will be a very good regional tourney and if Dunseith and Minot Ryan meet in the championship may the best team win.
MGUNVILLE

Postby future star » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:36 pm

I say region 6 will have a good championship game with Bishop and Dunseith cuz we all know br and dunseith are the 2 best teams in the region and if their is a team or teams to watch out for it will be rugby and berthold. :twisted:
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby #28 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:53 pm

what about tgu they played dunsieth pretty hard in the district 11 championship could they make any noise in the tourney?
NDPreps Starter

Postby anit couz » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:14 pm

#28 wrote:what about tgu they played dunsieth pretty hard in the district 11 championship could they make any noise in the tourney?

tgu is a good team, they are really fast
anit couz

Postby bball_4life » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:50 pm

I think that mls could be a threat to both ryan and dunseith. it is very hard to beat a good team three times in the same season.
bball_4life

Postby #28 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:44 pm

it is very hard to beat a team 3 times in a season and ryan might have to do it twice bcuz if berthold win then ryan will play berthold for a third time and say mls upsets dunseith then ryan will play mls for a third time saying if ryan beats berthold and mls beats dunseith
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys