2008 Pre District Region Champ Predictions

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2008 Pre District Region Champ Predictions

Postby westpower » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:58 am

digger wrote:Region 1: Richland: Jacob Thompson is a great "under the radar" player. Hard to pick against Mauch.
Region 2: Grafton: Kliniskie a tough matchup in the post-season.
Region 3: LaMoure: Shockman is tough; Holen, Watkins, etc. My favorite for state champs.
Region 4: NR-Sheyenne: Close loss to a big, athletic EGF team showed me something.
Region 5:TLM: Hard for anyone in the region to match up with their firepower. Malzer leads the way.
Region 6: Ryan: Defense gives them the edge over Dunseith.
Region 7: Hazen: Tough schedule, experience gives them the edge over Richardton-Taylor.
Region 8: Watford City: They can score and they're better defensively than Parshall.

The game i watched them play against watford he wasnt much of a force! but may be it was WCs D. I dont watch him much but is he what hes talked up 2 be?

1 hankinson
2 ????
3 Lamoure
4??/
5????
6 Ryan
7 MOtt regent
8 Watford City doesnt look like they can be stopped rite now
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby poweraidman » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:23 am

ndfbfan70 wrote:shockman is on a different level this year. He has improved alot from last year to this year. Watkins has gotten ALOT better this year also. Holen has taken a step back scoring but I think it is because Shokman and watkins have improved so much. I have seen Lisbon, Hankinson, Richland, North Sargent, steele, LMM all play and lamoure is the class of that group.

I think they could be had if there is someone in the state that can run with shockman, but he is so fricken fast. He always beats his guards down the court.

well, im not saying he is slow but most of the reason is if he is on the other side of the rebound he just fly's and sometimes he will just take off and not go for the rebound, and obvisly its working cause he does get a lot of fast break points, but i dont think he is just faster than the guards he just leaves earlier. Some of the posts that i can see running easily with him down the court would be, Carpenter from LMM, Lindgren from Kulm, and Randall from steele, i think they are just as fast if not faster. But i do give him credit for getting down the court.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballuvr » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:30 am

Shockman may or may not be as fast or faster than the other posts and guards. He doesn't get outworked. As far as leaving "early", doesn't leave any board oppurtunities, but leaves quick when board is secured. And does it every time.
Teams will be playing each other the 2nd or 3rd time in tournaments and make adjustments. Slowing Shockman down is only part of the task regarding LaMoure.
Tourneys will be fun. Kulm has good size and some good guard play, LMM is playing well now, and Dist. 6 has 4 solid teams it seems.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:52 pm

poweraidman wrote:
ndfbfan70 wrote:shockman is on a different level this year. He has improved alot from last year to this year. Watkins has gotten ALOT better this year also. Holen has taken a step back scoring but I think it is because Shokman and watkins have improved so much. I have seen Lisbon, Hankinson, Richland, North Sargent, steele, LMM all play and lamoure is the class of that group.

I think they could be had if there is someone in the state that can run with shockman, but he is so fricken fast. He always beats his guards down the court.

well, im not saying he is slow but most of the reason is if he is on the other side of the rebound he just fly's and sometimes he will just take off and not go for the rebound, and obvisly its working cause he does get a lot of fast break points, but i dont think he is just faster than the guards he just leaves earlier. Some of the posts that i can see running easily with him down the court would be, Carpenter from LMM, Lindgren from Kulm, and Randall from steele, i think they are just as fast if not faster. But i do give him credit for getting down the court.

Randall is not a post...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballuvr » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:49 pm

Can't speak for poweraidman, but he's probably seen Randall operating at times in the post.
Actually, Randall could play 1-5. He's that versatile. Several of the better players I've seen in Region 3 are pretty versatile. I spose one of the main reasons they are good.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby poweraidman » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:02 pm

yea ive seen him play a lot of places, mainly becuase he can. I put him in there just because he is one of the bigger guys, and im sure we will see im guarding shockman if they play, or who else would from steele? Isnt randall their tallest player?
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan_05 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:58 pm

poweraidman wrote:yea ive seen him play a lot of places, mainly becuase he can. I put him in there just because he is one of the bigger guys, and im sure we will see im guarding shockman if they play, or who else would from steele? Isnt randall their tallest player?

0 Simpson, Scott Jr. 4'1" G
10 Stroh, Jason Jr. 5'7" G
11 Benson, Quinn Jr. 6'0" F
13 Nicholson, Wes So. 5'11" G
15 Birrenkott, William Jr. 5'4" G
21 Miller, Jake So. 5'11" C
23 Lang, Jon Sr. 5'9" G
25 Martin, Braden Sr. 6'2" F
31 Randall, Adam So. 6'3" F
33 Kalianoff, Mike So. 6'0" F
35 Six, Jaymes Jr. 6'2" C
41 Nicholson, Norman Fr. 5'11" F
43 Dekrey, Tim Sr. 5'8" G
45 Aichele, Matt So. 5'8" F

taken from http://www.ndhsaa.com, so to answer the question, yes
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby Tmagicstorm_22 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:03 pm

wildboy wrote:
scc wrote:1-Hankinson
2-North Border
3-LaMoure
4-Munich-Starkweather
5-Turtle Lake-Mercer
6-Ryan
7-Trinity
8-Watford City

The bottom line is that FW will win district 7 and regional 4, FW is young but there a fast team. The sportcenter is there home floor just ask St. John..

I guess u didnt see Munich/Starkweather go 2 fourwinds and beat them..idk y u think FW is the best team
Tmagicstorm_22

Postby project-pat » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:12 pm

project-pat wrote:1- Lisbon
2- North Border
3- Lamoure
4- New Rockford/Sheyenne
5- Turtle Lake-Mercer
6- Ryan
7- Dickinson Trinity or Mott/Regent
8- Watford City

--pat's mock state tournament--

First Round
New Rockford/Sheyenne
Lamoure

Turtle Lake-Mercer
Ryan

Dickinson Trinity
Watford City

Lisbon
North Border

Semi's

New Rockford/Sheyenne
Ryan

Watford City
Lisbon

CHAMPIONSHIP

Watford City over New Rockford/Sheyenne
project-pat

Postby ndfbfan70 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:56 pm

i am suprised no one has picked richland out of region 1. they beat lisbon. They play hankinson this friday. I think it may be a preview of the region championship, if the chips fall right.
ndfbfan70
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:58 pm

Tmagicstorm_22 wrote:
wildboy wrote:
scc wrote:1-Hankinson
2-North Border
3-LaMoure
4-Munich-Starkweather
5-Turtle Lake-Mercer
6-Ryan
7-Trinity
8-Watford City

The bottom line is that FW will win district 7 and regional 4, FW is young but there a fast team. The sportcenter is there home floor just ask St. John..

I guess u didnt see Munich/Starkweather go 2 fourwinds and beat them..idk y u think FW is the best team

Couple of things I would like to add. First, MS did win at FW in the first game of the year but that game was the first for a very young FW team that really didn't know what was going on for the first quarter and a half of the game. MS jumped to a 16 point lead but Fw managed to come back and take a lead before 3 starters fouled out. Second, if I'm not mistaken FW has won it's last 16 games at the sportscenter. That floor is actually college length which plays right into our hands! It fires me up when I read all these posts and they talk about how young FW is, gonna be a fun next 2 years for sure and probably beyond that.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby aggiesfan » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:57 pm

project-pat wrote:
2- North Border
3- Lamoure
4- New Rockford/Sheyenne
5- Turtle Lake-Mercer
6- Ryan
8- Watford City

First Round
New Rockford/Sheyenne
Lamoure

Turtle Lake-Mercer
Ryan

Dickinson Trinity
Watford City

Lisbon
North Border

Semi's

New Rockford/Sheyenne
Ryan

Watford City
Lisbon

CHAMPIONSHIP

It was early and didn't mean much at the time but I saw TLM play Ryan early in the season at a scrimmage in Minot. I wasn't keeping score but I'm pretty sure TLM handled them pretty easily. Hard to gauge a scrimmage game, I know, but I wouldn't assume Ryan will beat Turtle Lake if they meet in Fargo.
Last edited by aggiesfan on Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aggiesfan

Postby jr83h » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:11 pm

i actually saw this game and i also agree that tl-m handled ryan, their sophmore singer took it to vetter but again thats a scrimmage and haven't seen much of either team since. would like to see that match-up
jr83h
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:28 pm

again...that is just a scrimmage...that happened a LONG time ago...I'm sure Ryan will take this matchup a little more seriously the second time around...
project-pat

Postby greatness » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:58 pm

ndfbfan70 wrote:i am suprised no one has picked richland out of region 1. they beat lisbon. They play hankinson this friday. I think it may be a preview of the region championship, if the chips fall right.

Some people have picked richland out of district one and rigthfully so. They are a good team, they did beat lisbon. But I think most people look beyond that and see that richland shot out of their heads and lisbon had a bad game and was missing a key player. It WILL be a close one in region one. I think it will me another nail biter between lisbon and hankinson like it was last year during the regular season.
greatness

Postby booyah » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:38 am

greatness wrote:
ndfbfan70 wrote:i am suprised no one has picked richland out of region 1. they beat lisbon. They play hankinson this friday. I think it may be a preview of the region championship, if the chips fall right.

Some people have picked richland out of district one and rigthfully so. They are a good team, they did beat lisbon. But I think most people look beyond that and see that richland shot out of their heads and lisbon had a bad game and was missing a key player. It WILL be a close one in region one. I think it will me another nail biter between lisbon and hankinson like it was last year during the regular season.

richland did shoot really well....but lisbon didnt have that bad of a game. it was a bad game when they played hankinson this year. and i think hiam more than made up for lee being out during that game.
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby no.dak. » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:10 am

ya project pat has got the best understanding. Hankinson caught lisbon on a bad day earlier
no.dak.

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:16 am

no.dak. wrote:ya project pat has got the best understanding. Hankinson caught lisbon on a bad day earlier

so when any team loses in the state, can they just say they were caught on a bad day, and be excused for the loss?, i hate when people say that, its the worst excuse, i mean obviously the other team did something to make a team have a bad night.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Tmagicstorm_22 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:40 pm

project-pat wrote:
2- North Border
3- Lamoure
4- New Rockford/Sheyenne
5- Turtle Lake-Mercer
6- Ryan
8- Watford City

First Round
New Rockford/Sheyenne
Lamoure

Turtle Lake-Mercer
Ryan

Dickinson Trinity
Watford City

Lisbon
North Border

Semi's

New Rockford/Sheyenne
Ryan

Watford City
Lisbon

CHAMPIONSHIP

New Rockford/ Sheyenne in the State Championship?!!!! They won't even make it out of region 4... I think you'll change your mind when you see M/S play them this tuesday.
Tmagicstorm_22

Postby booyah » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:23 am

BballFan1307 wrote:
no.dak. wrote:ya project pat has got the best understanding. Hankinson caught lisbon on a bad day earlier

so when any team loses in the state, can they just say they were caught on a bad day, and be excused for the loss?, i hate when people say that, its the worst excuse, i mean obviously the other team did something to make a team have a bad night.

im sure hankinson had quite a bit to do with it...but shooting 8% from the 3 pt line and 25% from 2 pt doesnt happen very often for lisbon cuz they have very good shooters.
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby collegeoverpros » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:00 pm

Project Pat...I couldn't help but notice you are from Bowman and just out of simple curiousity I was wondering where you get the confidence to place NR-S in the State Title Game
"The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team."--John Wooden
collegeoverpros
NDPreps Reserve

Postby number33 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:03 am

1-Hankinson
2-North Border
3-LaMoure
4-Four Winds
5-Turtle Lake-Mercer
6-Dunseith
7-Trinity
8-Watford City
number33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:12 am

I doubt FW will make it out of Region 4.....just too young of a team with no experience in those big games.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby #28 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:18 pm

i doubt dunseith will make it out of region 6 bishop ryan plays to good in big games
NDPreps Starter

Postby number33 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:15 am

#28 wrote:i doubt dunseith will make it out of region 6 bishop ryan plays to good in big games

ryan and dunseith are two solid teams but dont u think that the game earlier this season was a big game when dunseith beat ryan ...i do believe that dunseith is doing great this year on a 14 game winning streak and ryan is also doing good it'll be close but i think dunseith can over come the win.
number33
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Boys