Cavalier vs. North Border Round two Predictions???

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Cavalier vs. North Border Round two Predictions???

Postby MT_20 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:46 am

Cavalier only lost by 9 to North Border in Walhalla.It is in Cavalier this time what do u think will happen???
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Re: Cavalier vs. North Border Round two Predictions???

Postby Hinsa » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:59 am

North Border 79 Cavalier 62
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:12 pm

I dont think North Border will spot cavalier a 16 point lead to open the game in this one.

I dont think it will be as high scoring as the previous post but ill say 65-50
toughregion2

Postby football_lives_on » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:48 pm

Cavalier opened the game in Walhalla with a lead of 10-0 and 16-3 with a packed North Border crowd. I do not agree that North Border will handle Cavalier by 15 or more points. They lost by 9 in Walhalla. It is on their home court and North Border was just beaten by Grafton. We will see what happens Thursday night.
football_lives_on
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:05 pm

North Border by 15. Will play with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove. Probably the perfect time for them to lose if they were to lose one. Seeing how they spoted Cavalier that many points last time showed that they over looked Cavaliers younger lineup and woke up after a while. 25 point swing over the final three and a half quarters is alot. North Border easily. Cavalier will be an excelent team in the future, but the future is not here yet.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:15 pm

The loss to grafton wont have a affect. I was not at the game in Grand Forks but was told by someone from Grafton that if NB would of showed up like they did in Grand Forks it would of been a different ball game. Cavalier just does not have the scorers to stay with NB cavalier has a ways to go.
toughregion2

Postby MT_20 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:25 pm

Cavalier has a great home court advantage. they beat park river at home and if the can slow carpenter a smith down again it will be a different game
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby lifeisgood » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:08 am

But Park River turned around & beat them by over 25 points last week! YEH AGGIES!!
lifeisgood

Postby BB11 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:18 am

I'm going to be bold and pick the Tornadoes - then for no other reason but to be Devil's advocate. Cavalier 63 North Border 59. :D
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby notalent » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:19 am

NB by at least 15
notalent

Postby MT_20 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:33 am

lifeisgood wrote:But Park River turned around & beat them by over 25 points last week! YEH AGGIES!!

Yes but if you were at the game u would have seen that there were alot of no calls an hacking it was as rough as some football games. cavaliers gaurd were getting hammered so bad that the could hardly get the ball up the court. Not taking anything away from park river but the ref's gave them that game. It was so bad that the Cavalier wanted to send it to Valley City (NDHSAA) and Park Rivers Coach agreed with him.
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:03 pm

MT_20 wrote:
lifeisgood wrote:But Park River turned around & beat them by over 25 points last week! YEH AGGIES!!

Yes but if you were at the game u would have seen that there were alot of no calls an hacking it was as rough as some football games. cavaliers gaurd were getting hammered so bad that the could hardly get the ball up the court. Not taking anything away from park river but the ref's gave them that game. It was so bad that the Cavalier wanted to send it to Valley City (NDHSAA) and Park Rivers Coach agreed with him.

There is no way the refs could affect a game so much that a team would lose by 25. I didn't see the game but that sounds a little ridiculous that you're crediting their win to the referees.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby MT_20 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:09 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
MT_20 wrote:

There is no way the refs could affect a game so much that a team would lose by 25. I didn't see the game but that sounds a little ridiculous that you're crediting their win to the referees.

Cavalier wasn't as physical but there is a limit to someone getting pushed and thrown around with no calls I was just try to say i would of liked to see wat would of happen with a better refed game
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby Fab 5 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:03 pm

I think cavalier has a good chance there playing good ball and will give them a run but
well see tommor i guess
Fab 5
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toughregion2 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:11 pm

I was at the first PR vs Cavalier game and you could of called it a Wrestling match and that is a quote from one of Cavaliers assistant coaches. So saying thats why they lost by 25 the second game is a joke. North Border will win big 15 +. To tell you the truth North Border never plays well in Walhalla and you can see that in past games there so i would guess they may be happy to be playing in cavalier.
toughregion2

Postby DCFAN#55 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:47 pm

I say NB wins easily by 15 plus... the day after losing to Grafton NB went to Grand Forks and played a very good Minnewauken Leeds team and had 35 in the first quarter... so the game with Grafton will most likely have no effect on how NB plays tomorrow night in Cavalier
DCFAN#55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby football_lives_on » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:29 pm

i hope u were at that game man becuz there was no reffing at all
it was like football out there and jelinek and mozinski just lived on jumping on cavaliers point guards it was terribly officiated
football_lives_on
NDPreps Starter

Postby lifeisgood » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:17 pm

The exact score of the PR vs Cavalier game was 79-52 (27 point win). It's time to quit complaining about the officiating and accept the fact that the Aggies outplayed the Tornadoes by 27 points that night. There were 3 officials at the game that night which Park River always has at its home games. That doesn't happen at all of the schools. Officials probably dont appreciate these type of comments especially on a win that big. As far as I can see, basketball is not a sissy sport & you better be prepared to be pushed around a littile bit.
lifeisgood

Postby cubsfan » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:56 pm

I believe this is a topic about North Border vs. Cavalier? Stay on topic, and a referee does not decide a 27 point difference. End of that discussion!
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:16 pm

Final Score

North Border: 63
Cavalier: 51
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:19 pm

HEY i was close i picked 65-50

I listened to it on the radio.. Sounded like both teams struggled shooting the ball. North Border dug themselves a hole again letting cavalier open the game 9-2 before the woke up.
toughregion2

Postby football_lives_on » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:28 pm

toughregion2 wrote:HEY i was close i picked 65-50

I listened to it on the radio.. Sounded like both teams struggled shooting the ball. North Border dug themselves a hole again letting cavalier open the game 9-2 before the woke up.

actually it was more as though when cavalier cooled down
they both werent excellent coming out
cavalier outplayed them in the first half
football_lives_on
NDPreps Starter

Postby toughregion2 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:44 pm

Outplayed them in the first half?????????????

By the box score North Border won every quarter. Hmmmmm wonder what game you were watching
toughregion2

Postby ndfan » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:46 pm

football_lives_on wrote:

i hope u were at that game man becuz there was no reffing at all
it was like football out there and jelinek and mozinski just lived on jumping on cavaliers point guards it was terribly officiated

If it was like a football game there is no reason Cavalier shouldn't have won then :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby toughregion2 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:29 pm

To tell you the truth none of this means anything. If NB sweeps Cavalier and loses in the districts or regionals to them it means NOTHING. All these teams will have to prove themselves in a couple weeks. Its going to be wich ever teams decide to take that next step that will prove what we have all been flapping our lips about for the last 6 months. Its going to be a very agressive and physical district, should be fun to watch!!!
toughregion2

Return to Boys