Watford City

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Watford City

Postby Sioux » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:58 pm

Watford City has four tough games left in the regular season: Trinity Christian, Hazen, DT and Parshall which of these teams will beat Watford? Looking at the schedule I believe all of these are at home beside Hazen..Can they run the regular season table??
Sioux

Re: Watford City

Postby AAfootballfan » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:01 pm

Sioux wrote:Watford City has four tough games left in the regular season: Trinity Christian, Hazen, DT and Parshall which of these teams will beat Watford? Looking at the schedule I believe all of these are at home beside Hazen..Can they run the regular season table??

I think the game with Hazen on the road will be Watfords's biggest test of the season thus far. If the Wolves were to lose one of these I think it would be a good thing almost. Also they aren't at full strength with Kevin Sanford injured with a sprained ankle and Shipman with his ankle so I wouldn't be suprised if they got upset in one of these last four games being that they are all in a span of a week and a half.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flyer » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:50 pm

I'm not sure if Watford is playing their best basketball at this time, I believe any 1 of these teams has the potential to beat them. Because I really don't think they are that good. Out of the four I would say Williston Trinity and Parshall if they shoot well. Hazen and DT will play good defense but I don't know if they can score with Watford.
Flyer

Postby luckyinlife » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:59 pm

Flyer wrote:I'm not sure if Watford is playing their best basketball at this time, I believe any 1 of these teams has the potential to beat them. Because I really don't think they are that good. Out of the four I would say Williston Trinity and Parshall if they shoot well. Hazen and DT will play good defense but I don't know if they can score with Watford.

So how is WC different when they are at the toop of their game? Or is it that the competition is not letting them play their game the way they want?
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flyer » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:40 pm

luckyinlife wrote:
Flyer wrote:I'm not sure if Watford is playing their best basketball at this time, I believe any 1 of these teams has the potential to beat them. Because I really don't think they are that good. Out of the four I would say Williston Trinity and Parshall if they shoot well. Hazen and DT will play good defense but I don't know if they can score with Watford.

So how is WC different when they are at the toop of their game? Or is it that the competition is not letting them play their game the way they want?

I haven't seen them play--Heard a couple games on the Radio, network1sports.com but from the beginning of the year to lately it seems like they are not playing the defense they did during the first part, they also have had many unforced errors (travels, dropped passes, etc) If this continues they will get beat. The other teams probably have a lot to do with it. Better Competition?? Looking at the scores of Watford's close games (Mandaree, New Town DC) these other teams are not beating up on anybody to bad. Maybe these teams match up better than other? I don't know this is just from listening to the radio man, so my thought could and probably is way off.
Flyer

Postby AAfootballfan » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:04 pm

Watford City -68
Trinity Christian-62

Not sure if WC's second leading scorer Kevin sanford played or not.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flyer » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:22 am

AAfootballfan wrote:Watford City -68
Trinity Christian-62

Listening on the radio he played about 5 min. total almost all in the first half..According to the annoucer he seemed pretty slow compared to normal.
Flyer

Postby Sioux » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:45 pm

Flyer wrote:
Trinity Christian-62

Listening on the radio he played about 5 min. total almost all in the first half..According to the annoucer he seemed pretty slow compared to normal.

I believe he did play abit in the second half--but very little. Watford is going to need him full strength to get that undefeated tag for the regular season--although that really isn't that important. I bet they will save him up for tournament time unless he gets to 100%
Sioux

Postby Flyer » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:20 pm

Sioux wrote:
Flyer wrote:
Trinity Christian-62

I believe he did play abit in the second half--but very little. Watford is going to need him full strength to get that undefeated tag for the regular season--although that really isn't that important. I bet they will save him up for tournament time unless he gets to 100%

Good to see him playing..He should be totally ready by tournament time then..That will be big for Watford. This region has about 4 teams that I feel could get to the state tourney.It all depends who plays the best
Flyer

Return to Boys