Challenge to the west

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Challenge to the west

Postby bigpoppakdog » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:07 am

I'm not from that area, but close enough to know what's going on there. It is time for somebody to stand up and take this region instead of Dickinson Trinity. We've debated about Dickinson Trinity and what Class they should be in and etc....this year they are vulnerable,but seems like nobody is making a true threat at taking this region other than Trinity. I'm challenging these other teams to make get their games together and take the title. Dickinson will never give it away..and complaining about things won't help(i'm a complainer against DT by th way). It's time to step up....there are many other towns outside your region that also pulling for someone else other than DT to represent that region...to see a Mott/Regent team get it handed to them is very disappointing...leads a guy to think that DT is going to roll over or something...it doesn't matter that they have 5 losses already....they've proved that...now its time for all you other teams that are better than DT to get the job done....Take it...earn it....enjoy it....but you have to do just that....it won't be given away.... :!: :!: :!:
bigpoppakdog

Re: Challenge to the west

Postby BBall dominator » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:50 am

I'm all for the best team coming out because it isn't as good a state tournament when a cinderella happens and just gets hammered(Calvin Kraft's Squirrels as an example). But I could care less if DT makes it out or someone else but what they have going at DT is amazing. It bothers me people just can't respect that what their doing and always revert to they only win because they are a parachioal and are in a class A town. I really think someone else is coming out of that region other than DT but this might be other teams only chance for a few years because it looks like their only going to get better in the coming years.
Last edited by BBall dominator on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scruffy » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:24 am

The only thing you can count on from Trinity is that when it counts the most, they'll be playing their best ball of the season. If some other team in the region doesn't take the "next step", I'm beganning to believe Trinity may have a shot this season. I still think Mott should win the thing....
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby hp fan » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:56 pm

I am from Western ND and I have a serious question about Eastern ND basketball.

I see alot of scores coming in from the east and teams are scoring 80-90 points a night, Some people have talked about teams that hold opponents under 70 every night. From what I hear on these threads, this happens between district and regional championship contenders. I guess my question is, "Does the East play ANY defense, or are thier offenses that good?"

I see alot of talented teams in Western ND, and when you have two respectable teams, it is hard pressed to find games in the 70's. I have watched West BBall for a long time now, and I see teams pride themselves on defense.

Looking at the past State Tournaments it seems to me that there is all this explosive offense in the east and when they get to tourney time, scores are in the 50's. (even the 30's when DT/MPCG played). I don't have all the info on state tourney scores but looking at championship games since 1995 only one team has scored 70 points.

SOme East feedback would be appreciated. If not I will find out in March!!
hp fan

Postby Iron Scope » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:52 pm

LaMoure, Lisbon, Hankinson, and Richland are teams that i know of that do. Proved when LaMoure played Hazen earlier when their offenses weren't rolling yet, but LaMoure ended up winning the defensive battle.
Iron Scope

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:19 am

Teams in the East pride themselves on defense just as much as teams in the West. It just happens that some games will turn into shootouts, even with 2 very good defensive teams. Look at the NB vs ML game. Both of those teams play excellent defense and hold their opponents in the 40's most of the time so you'd figure it to be a low scoring, grind it out game. What do they do? Offensive explosion and it ends up 94-71. Never would've thought it. Out in the west you have the Hazen vs TLM game....99-72. You could make the same argument there. where's the defense? The east always plays better defense than that. Know what I mean? You're just going to see those games sometimes....it doesnt matter what part of the state you're in.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby hp fan » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:26 pm

I can buy that, I know that teams are always going to stress defense. I have watched Hazen a few times and even though I think they are very talented, and are probably the favorite in region 7, (arguably) I don't see them putting up 99, unless you don't guard Marshall, and Erhardt, and don't block out Sorenson.

I guess I see scores on 1/10 of the games that are played, and to compare that to tourney time (when defenses play alot harder, and coaches are alot more conservative) may not be totally fair.

Thanks for the ino.
hp fan

Return to Boys