North Border (3) vs Grafton (9) rematch

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

North Border (3) vs Grafton (9) rematch

Postby toughregion2 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:23 am

Any thoughts on tonights rematch in Walhalla this might determine the district standings.
toughregion2

Re: North Border (3) vs Grafton (9) rematch

Postby shooter » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:10 am

I was at the first game between these two and the first half was dominated by NB, but Grafton kinda owned the second half, even though NB still won. Should be a great game between IMO the best 2 teams in region 2. If smith can take care of AK, NB wins by 10+.
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby halibut » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:10 am

I just saw in the scores blog deal that Grafton beat North Border 65 to 54. Anyone know what happened at the game? Please fill me in...
halibut
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toughregion2 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:07 am

Grafton came out and played tough d and owned the borards the first half. North Border was slow didnt shoot well. They seemed to play nba ball whoever had the ball dribble for a bit head on, and wow that boad well for their offense. North Border had 2 or 3 guys out with the flu early this week and thats no excuse you can still play with heart and be sick and they sure didnt show that. Everybody says some losses are good ones, I dont think this was the one. All this did was give Grafton confidence when and if they meet again once or twice again.
toughregion2

Postby Spoiler92 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:51 pm

GO SPOILERS!
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing!
Spoiler92
NDPreps Starter

Postby shooter » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:42 am

I couldn't make it to the game, but I heard from one of my buddies that NB looked like they just didn't really care?? I am sure they cared, but it sounds like maybe Grafton just wanted it more than than NB did? I also heard Wysocki(?) shot really well and probably outplayed Carpenter? Districts and regionals are going to be VERY interesting!
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toughregion2 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:52 am

He did out play carpenter in that game

It looks like from the box score carpenter decided to take it out on Leeds M the next day 31 points 9 assists
toughregion2

It looks like from the box score carpenter decided to take it out on Leeds M the next day 31 points 9 assists
toughregion2

toughregion2

Postby shooter » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:51 pm

Wow, that's a nice day against a pretty good team. I saw on the sports lastnight that they won and he had 31. Good for him to be able to bounce back from what sounded like a rough night before.
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:24 am

toughregion2 wrote:Grafton came out and played tough d and owned the borards the first half. North Border was slow didnt shoot well. They seemed to play nba ball whoever had the ball dribble for a bit head on, and wow that boad well for their offense. North Border had 2 or 3 guys out with the flu early this week and thats no excuse you can still play with heart and be sick and they sure didnt show that. Everybody says some losses are good ones, I dont think this was the one. All this did was give Grafton confidence when and if they meet again once or twice again.

First of all you should consider revising some of your posts before you write them. Second of all I think you are making too big of a deal of the kids with the flu not playing with "heart". This game was important and should've been taken seriously by everyone but there are much bigger fish to fry later in the season. Last year the same thing happened where the road team won both games. Grafton is a good team too and this really isn't a HUGE upset. NB will be fine and this should be a good learning tool for them for the rest of the season. The first time NB beat Grafton it was Grafton ranked number 3 and NB just receiving votes.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Boys