Games in Grand Forks Feb. 2

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Games in Grand Forks Feb. 2

Postby automatic99 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:27 pm

cubsfan wrote:Anyone have a score on the KCC vs. Ada-Borup game? North Border beat M-L 94-71.

Ada-Borub won. I think it was 43-39.
automatic99
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketball » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:05 pm

halibut wrote:11:00 am Hatton-Northwood vs. Four Winds
12:30 pm Grafton vs. East Grand Forks

2:00 pm Free Throw/3-point/Slam Dunk Contests

2:30 pm Ada-Borup vs. Kittson County Central
4:00 pm Minnewaukan-Leeds vs. North Border

Does anybody know who won the contests?
basketball
NDPreps Starter

Postby halibut » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:19 pm

Free Throw-Daniel Harkness, M-L
3-Point-Andrew Wysocki, Grafton
Dunk-Steven Johnson, KCC
halibut
NDPreps Reserve

Postby halibut » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:31 pm

automatic99 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
automatic99 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
automatic99 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
automatic99 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
Thunder66 wrote:Four Winds - 75
Hatton-Northwood - 71

Really close game, the Thunder had chances to put it to overtime but couldn't pull it out, Ironheart went about 8-10 on 3's in the second half, it was sick

Close game, which game were you watching? FW was up by as much a 17 in the second half and almost blew the lead at the end. HN should thank the taller blond ref for his non-calls on HN's big man. I hope Zach's ribs are OK from the blatant elbows he was taking and how many travels did he get away with? Zach's 4th foul was the definition of a "ticky-tack" foul. I'd say 90% of ref's are Ok but once in a while you run into one who has no business wearing a whistle! By the way, CJ IH had 9 3's and 37 points.

Yeah, nevermind the 2-3 intentional fouls that were called on FW. Throwing a forearm across the face of another player or giving one a two handed push in the back isn't dirty at all......especially when they walk away laughing about it.

FW will impress me a lot more when they decide they want to play at BOTH ends of the floor.

Hey at least they were called! A couple of those bows Wallace threw were downright dirty and he should have gotten an intentional. He threw those with only one thing in mind! If the ref's weren't going to call it then I commend the FW players for having Zach's back. And FW is 84-11 in the past 4 seasons so we must be doing something right on both ends of the floor!

You're right, they were called. That doesn't make it ok......especially to laugh as you walk away from the play. How can you complain about a kid throwing an elbow and than commend your kids for doing the same thing in retaliation??????? What sense does that make? Either you think it's right or you think it's wrong.....make up your mind.

The ref's need to have control of the game or things like that will happen. One of those knuckleheads should have called the offensive on Wallace. If the sides were reversed I wouldn't blame the HN players one bit for taken up after their players.

If it was reversed, you would have a huge problem with it. There is a big difference between playing hard and very physical the whole time you are on the floor and cheap shotting someone. I've seen Wallace play many games. I agree, he is a very physical player. I am wondering why Cory Hajcek gets the forearm shiver because Wallace is physical player. If you are going to cheap shot someone,why not make it the guy you think is playing "dirty"?
Also, if you watched any of the other games today, you would have picked up on how physical everything was. I wouldn't say HN big man was the only one playing a little chippy today. That's something kids and coaches need to adjust to. If the refs are letting you play, play hard........don't push and hit people. There is a big difference.

The bottom line with me is that Wallace should have been called for 2 offensive fouls. i don't care what district or region your from, those were offensives! Any basketball player or fan knows the difference between physical play and throwing cheap elbows. By the way, us region 4 "softies" are getting used to beating you tough, physical guys in region 2. :twisted:

I'm not saying they weren't offensive fouls. They very well could have been. I'm saying that because a kid doesn't get the call, doesn't give him a right to shove a kid in the back or take a swing across someone's head. That is just a downright dirty play.

I was at the game and there were no elbows thrown by HN's big man. He got called for 2 or more offensive fouls, one of them was very controversial and other than that it was just offensive post moves in which the defense went flying to the ground. Flying to the ground just doesn't happen in basketball without a little bit of acting involved, espcially when it's a post move and there was no momentum behind him goign to knock the other kid flat onto his back. You guys just need to take your wins and be content with them. You come on here and rip into other teams players by saying he threw blatant elbows, when your kids are trying to take kids out of the game and possible season with their actions. Maybe you should try and fix your kids' actions, other than ripping other players that no one besides your fans saw on the court.
halibut
NDPreps Reserve

Postby basketball » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:24 pm

Agreed. Everything with Four Winds on the site gets blown out of proportion.
basketball
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:27 pm

halibut wrote:
automatic99 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
automatic99 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
automatic99 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
automatic99 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
Hatton-Northwood - 71

Really close game, the Thunder had chances to put it to overtime but couldn't pull it out, Ironheart went about 8-10 on 3's in the second half, it was sick

Close game, which game were you watching? FW was up by as much a 17 in the second half and almost blew the lead at the end. HN should thank the taller blond ref for his non-calls on HN's big man. I hope Zach's ribs are OK from the blatant elbows he was taking and how many travels did he get away with? Zach's 4th foul was the definition of a "ticky-tack" foul. I'd say 90% of ref's are Ok but once in a while you run into one who has no business wearing a whistle! By the way, CJ IH had 9 3's and 37 points.

Yeah, nevermind the 2-3 intentional fouls that were called on FW. Throwing a forearm across the face of another player or giving one a two handed push in the back isn't dirty at all......especially when they walk away laughing about it.

FW will impress me a lot more when they decide they want to play at BOTH ends of the floor.

Hey at least they were called! A couple of those bows Wallace threw were downright dirty and he should have gotten an intentional. He threw those with only one thing in mind! If the ref's weren't going to call it then I commend the FW players for having Zach's back. And FW is 84-11 in the past 4 seasons so we must be doing something right on both ends of the floor!

You're right, they were called. That doesn't make it ok......especially to laugh as you walk away from the play. How can you complain about a kid throwing an elbow and than commend your kids for doing the same thing in retaliation??????? What sense does that make? Either you think it's right or you think it's wrong.....make up your mind.

The ref's need to have control of the game or things like that will happen. One of those knuckleheads should have called the offensive on Wallace. If the sides were reversed I wouldn't blame the HN players one bit for taken up after their players.

If it was reversed, you would have a huge problem with it. There is a big difference between playing hard and very physical the whole time you are on the floor and cheap shotting someone. I've seen Wallace play many games. I agree, he is a very physical player. I am wondering why Cory Hajcek gets the forearm shiver because Wallace is physical player. If you are going to cheap shot someone,why not make it the guy you think is playing "dirty"?
Also, if you watched any of the other games today, you would have picked up on how physical everything was. I wouldn't say HN big man was the only one playing a little chippy today. That's something kids and coaches need to adjust to. If the refs are letting you play, play hard........don't push and hit people. There is a big difference.

The bottom line with me is that Wallace should have been called for 2 offensive fouls. i don't care what district or region your from, those were offensives! Any basketball player or fan knows the difference between physical play and throwing cheap elbows. By the way, us region 4 "softies" are getting used to beating you tough, physical guys in region 2. :twisted:

I'm not saying they weren't offensive fouls. They very well could have been. I'm saying that because a kid doesn't get the call, doesn't give him a right to shove a kid in the back or take a swing across someone's head. That is just a downright dirty play.

I was at the game and there were no elbows thrown by HN's big man. He got called for 2 or more offensive fouls, one of them was very controversial and other than that it was just offensive post moves in which the defense went flying to the ground. Flying to the ground just doesn't happen in basketball without a little bit of acting involved, espcially when it's a post move and there was no momentum behind him goign to knock the other kid flat onto his back. You guys just need to take your wins and be content with them. You come on here and rip into other teams players by saying he threw blatant elbows, when your kids are trying to take kids out of the game and possible season with their actions. Maybe you should try and fix your kids' actions, other than ripping other players that no one besides your fans saw on the court.

No FW player has ever taken another teams player out of a game in the 20+ years if been following our team. When CJ got the intentional foul it was because the offensive foul wasn't called on Wallace. that was about as obvious an offensive foul as I have ever seen. If the refs don't make those calls then I guarentee it doesn't make a difference what teams are playing, the game is going to get out of control. You are out of line by saying the FW players are intentionally trying to hurt other players. Did you see the 3 FW players run over to help up the HN player when Scott Bull got his intentional foul? Is the FW/HN game the only game you have seen an intentional foul called?
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby shooter » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:49 pm

The officiating in the whole days events was quite terrible. They started out awful in the FW/HN game and were still terrible in the ML/NB game. I am not sure where they got those refs from, but they should find some taht have the ability to make some calls.
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nativegolfer » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:02 pm

shooter wrote:The officiating in the whole days events was quite terrible. They started out awful in the FW/HN game and were still terrible in the ML/NB game. I am not sure where they got those refs from, but they should find some taht have the ability to make some calls.

Amen to that brotha! 8)
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:53 am

shooter wrote:The officiating in the whole days events was quite terrible. They started out awful in the FW/HN game and were still terrible in the ML/NB game. I am not sure where they got those refs from, but they should find some taht have the ability to make some calls.

Every official has to start there officiating career somewhere. These refs were young and inexperienced and when better to get them some experience then at a shootout? None of the games are conference games nor do they count against you if you lose. The refs in the NB/ML game weren't that bad either. I've never blamed a loss on an official because in every game there are always other factors leading to why a team might've lost.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby B_Baller » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:05 am

halibut wrote:
automatic99 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
automatic99 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
automatic99 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
automatic99 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
Hatton-Northwood - 71

NO ELBOWS THROWN!!!!! Which game were you at exactly???
The game I saw must of been different then the one you were at. I saw that Big man from Hatton-Northwood getting made because 4 Winds kids were pushing him around to much. Telling the ref "Get him off me ref." I guess he is a very physical player but when people get physical with him he starts throwing elbows. He must of thrown atleast 4 or 5 noticable elbows that he whole crowd could see.

Im guessing they had to flop when he was throwing elbows so the ref would actually notice it. Four Winds players must just play to injure players???? :D

Besides this game I can remember one game off hand that any Four Winds player got an intentional foul. Correct me if I'm wrong.
What kind of post move is that when you automatically throw your elbow into someone????

Was the worst game calling I seen this year so far
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys