Games in Grand Forks Feb. 2

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Games in Grand Forks Feb. 2

Postby Vicarious » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:50 pm

Who all is playing in Grand Forks this weekend? I know Mwkn/Leeds plays North Border at 4:00, and I think 4 Winds is there as well.
Vicarious
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Games in Grand Forks Feb. 2

Postby cubsfan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:30 pm

I believe Four Winds plays Hatton-Northwood at 11 a.m.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby halibut » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:11 pm

11:00 am Hatton-Northwood vs. Four Winds
12:30 pm Grafton vs. East Grand Forks

2:00 pm Free Throw/3-point/Slam Dunk Contests

2:30 pm Ada-Borup vs. Kittson County Central
4:00 pm Minnewaukan-Leeds vs. North Border
halibut
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pilot89 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:15 pm

halibut wrote:11:00 am Hatton-Northwood vs. Four Winds

Where are these games being played at?
pilot89

Postby Vicarious » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:36 am

pilot89 wrote:

Where are these games being played at?

Grand Forks Central
Vicarious
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Vicarious » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:43 am

The Mwkn/Leeds-North Border games will be a bit of a reunion. Tanner Carpenter started his basketball career in Leeds back in the grades. As I recall, in their first tournament, the 4th grade team including Carpenter and M/L starters Haagenson, Lunde and Harkness upset the Leeds 5th grade team which included R.J. Darling for the championship.
Vicarious
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:53 am

I got Four Winds, Grafton, KCC, and North Border winning.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDbballfan123 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:15 am

i agree with the predictions except i think east grand will beat grafton
NDbballfan123
NDPreps Starter

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:58 am

Anybody know if games will be on the radio/webcast?
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby PA42 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:23 am

Four winds
East Grand Forks
KCC
M-L
PA42

Postby Thunder66 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:23 pm

Four Winds - 75
Hatton-Northwood - 71

Really close game, the Thunder had chances to put it to overtime but couldn't pull it out, Ironheart went about 8-10 on 3's in the second half, it was sick
Thunder66

Postby nativegolfer » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:39 pm

Thunder66 wrote:Four Winds - 75
Hatton-Northwood - 71

Really close game, the Thunder had chances to put it to overtime but couldn't pull it out, Ironheart went about 8-10 on 3's in the second half, it was sick

Close game, which game were you watching? FW was up by as much a 17 in the second half and almost blew the lead at the end. HN should thank the taller blond ref for his non-calls on HN's big man. I hope Zach's ribs are OK from the blatant elbows he was taking and how many travels did he get away with? Zach's 4th foul was the definition of a "ticky-tack" foul. I'd say 90% of ref's are Ok but once in a while you run into one who has no business wearing a whistle! By the way, CJ IH had 9 3's and 37 points.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby automatic99 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:00 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
Hatton-Northwood - 71

Close game, which game were you watching? FW was up by as much a 17 in the second half and almost blew the lead at the end. HN should thank the taller blond ref for his non-calls on HN's big man. I hope Zach's ribs are OK from the blatant elbows he was taking and how many travels did he get away with? Zach's 4th foul was the definition of a "ticky-tack" foul. I'd say 90% of ref's are Ok but once in a while you run into one who has no business wearing a whistle! By the way, CJ IH had 9 3's and 37 points.

Yeah, nevermind the 2-3 intentional fouls that were called on FW. Throwing a forearm across the face of another player or giving one a two handed push in the back isn't dirty at all......especially when they walk away laughing about it.

FW will impress me a lot more when they decide they want to play at BOTH ends of the floor.
automatic99
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indians Alumni » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:06 pm

Wow, play both ends of the floor? You gotta be kidding me. Have you watched Oliver Dauphinais pick the pockets of many guards?

How do you think they get the fastbreaks, I am sure it has to do with stealing it or the other team turning it over! Give me a break!

Obviously they play enough defense to win games! PERIOD!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby automatic99 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:17 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:Wow, play both ends of the floor? You gotta be kidding me. Have you watched Oliver Dauphinais pick the pockets of many guards?

How do you think they get the fastbreaks, I am sure it has to do with stealing it or the other team turning it over! Give me a break!

Obviously they play enough defense to win games! PERIOD!

FW let HN back in the game more than once. Tell me how you blow an 18 point lead with 3-4 minutes left in a game? I wouldn't call that good defense.

I will agree, they are winning games. Just seems like they have a tendency to let teams back in when they should be closing the door on them.
automatic99
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:26 pm

automatic99 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
Hatton-Northwood - 71

Yeah, nevermind the 2-3 intentional fouls that were called on FW. Throwing a forearm across the face of another player or giving one a two handed push in the back isn't dirty at all......especially when they walk away laughing about it.

FW will impress me a lot more when they decide they want to play at BOTH ends of the floor.

Hey at least they were called! A couple of those bows Wallace threw were downright dirty and he should have gotten an intentional. He threw those with only one thing in mind! If the ref's weren't going to call it then I commend the FW players for having Zach's back. And FW is 84-11 in the past 4 seasons so we must be doing something right on both ends of the floor!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby automatic99 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:34 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
automatic99 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
Hatton-Northwood - 71

Hey at least they were called! A couple of those bows Wallace threw were downright dirty and he should have gotten an intentional. He threw those with only one thing in mind! If the ref's weren't going to call it then I commend the FW players for having Zach's back. And FW is 84-11 in the past 4 seasons so we must be doing something right on both ends of the floor!

You're right, they were called. That doesn't make it ok......especially to laugh as you walk away from the play. How can you complain about a kid throwing an elbow and than commend your kids for doing the same thing in retaliation??????? What sense does that make? Either you think it's right or you think it's wrong.....make up your mind.
automatic99
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:46 pm

automatic99 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
automatic99 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
Hatton-Northwood - 71

You're right, they were called. That doesn't make it ok......especially to laugh as you walk away from the play. How can you complain about a kid throwing an elbow and than commend your kids for doing the same thing in retaliation??????? What sense does that make? Either you think it's right or you think it's wrong.....make up your mind.

The ref's need to have control of the game or things like that will happen. One of those knuckleheads should have called the offensive on Wallace. If the sides were reversed I wouldn't blame the HN players one bit for taken up after their players.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby automatic99 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:55 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
automatic99 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
automatic99 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
Hatton-Northwood - 71

The ref's need to have control of the game or things like that will happen. One of those knuckleheads should have called the offensive on Wallace. If the sides were reversed I wouldn't blame the HN players one bit for taken up after their players.

If it was reversed, you would have a huge problem with it. There is a big difference between playing hard and very physical the whole time you are on the floor and cheap shotting someone. I've seen Wallace play many games. I agree, he is a very physical player. I am wondering why Cory Hajcek gets the forearm shiver because Wallace is physical player. If you are going to cheap shot someone,why not make it the guy you think is playing "dirty"?
Also, if you watched any of the other games today, you would have picked up on how physical everything was. I wouldn't say HN big man was the only one playing a little chippy today. That's something kids and coaches need to adjust to. If the refs are letting you play, play hard........don't push and hit people. There is a big difference.
automatic99
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:09 pm

I have seen Mark Wallace play a lot of games and he is a very physical player. But he wouldn't survive in district 3 or region 2 if he was not physical. The physicality difference between region 4 and region 2 is very noticeable. If you would see the region 2 tournament and district tournaments you would realize this. With that being said I am very angry I didn't get the opportunity to go watch today's games. It would have nice to see a couple teams from region 4 to play but good luck in post season play.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nativegolfer » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:17 pm

automatic99 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
automatic99 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
automatic99 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
Hatton-Northwood - 71

If it was reversed, you would have a huge problem with it. There is a big difference between playing hard and very physical the whole time you are on the floor and cheap shotting someone. I've seen Wallace play many games. I agree, he is a very physical player. I am wondering why Cory Hajcek gets the forearm shiver because Wallace is physical player. If you are going to cheap shot someone,why not make it the guy you think is playing "dirty"?
Also, if you watched any of the other games today, you would have picked up on how physical everything was. I wouldn't say HN big man was the only one playing a little chippy today. That's something kids and coaches need to adjust to. If the refs are letting you play, play hard........don't push and hit people. There is a big difference.

The bottom line with me is that Wallace should have been called for 2 offensive fouls. i don't care what district or region your from, those were offensives! Any basketball player or fan knows the difference between physical play and throwing cheap elbows. By the way, us region 4 "softies" are getting used to beating you tough, physical guys in region 2. :twisted:
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby automatic99 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:19 pm

cubsfan wrote:I have seen Mark Wallace play a lot of games and he is a very physical player. But he wouldn't survive in district 3 or region 2 if he was not physical. The physicality difference between region 4 and region 2 is very noticeable. If you would see the region 2 tournament and district tournaments you would realize this. With that being said I am very angry I didn't get the opportunity to go watch today's games. It would have nice to see a couple teams from region 4 to play but good luck in post season play.

I definitely agree with that. Wallace always plays hard. If he was soft, he wouldn't be half the player he is. He's an average-good player, but only because of how hard he works and plays. Without that, he becomes less than average. District 3 is always a physical region. If you want a chance to win, you have to learn to play through thw bumps and hand checks.
automatic99
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:22 pm

I never said that region 4 was soft. I am just saying the level of physical play has been very high for many years. I was not at the game at will not comment on the foul but I have seen his elbows fly before.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby automatic99 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:23 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
automatic99 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
automatic99 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
automatic99 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
Hatton-Northwood - 71

The bottom line with me is that Wallace should have been called for 2 offensive fouls. i don't care what district or region your from, those were offensives! Any basketball player or fan knows the difference between physical play and throwing cheap elbows. By the way, us region 4 "softies" are getting used to beating you tough, physical guys in region 2. :twisted:

I'm not saying they weren't offensive fouls. They very well could have been. I'm saying that because a kid doesn't get the call, doesn't give him a right to shove a kid in the back or take a swing across someone's head. That is just a downright dirty play.
automatic99
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:25 pm

Anyone have a score on the KCC vs. Ada-Borup game? North Border beat M-L 91-74.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Boys