Mott/Regent Wildfire Basketball

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Mott/Regent Wildfire Basketball

Postby American_Gangster » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:46 pm

letsgosox wrote:experience matches up well, but i would say that as far as basketball goes, mott/regent has blown far more opportunities than hazen. hazen is 2 classes above m/r in football, so competetion might be a little better. i would venture to say that if mott stepped on the field w/ hazen, it would be no contest. so comparing football games, and the caliber of the games played, not comparable at all. experience is equal, maybe m/r has the edge there, but thats where it ends.

i would venture to say that if hazen and mott/regent played each other in football..it would be a little unfair seeing that hazen would have 2 extra players on the field (although im not saying that they cant beat hazen, i mean, they did beat napolean w/o 2 of their best players, but this isnt a football topic :D so..). You cant compare 2 teams from 2 different classes with 2 way different enrollment numbers...and in a basketball forum for goodness sake. and i still dont see how you think that m/r has blown FAR MORE chances than hazen has.
American_Gangster

Postby hp fan » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:29 pm

Sorry scruffy I can't type. I will proof read this one.
I meant to say, "why do think it would be such a big choke if they didn't make it to state". IMO they had a far more talented team with Meier, Grosz, and Prince. They lost to trinity that year, when they had the more talented team.
This year I think that trinity's talent is down a little bit, and I think that there are a number of teams, MR and Hazen probably being the top two (you can throw RT, Killdeer, etc into that discussion) that feel this is a great opportunity to go to state.
I understand that you talk to MR people and they are jazzed about thier team, but you are making it sound like MR is heads and shoulders above everyone else. Yes they are talented, but SO is Hazen, RT, Killdeer, etc. I think that If you talked to Hazen people they would sound the same way as MR people. They (all region 7 teams) have been waiting to get a shot at state. This year with trinity being a little suspect, it is the rest of the regions time to make the best of it.

Hope that cleared up my aweful typing skills
hp fan

Postby scruffy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:59 am

Mott has a very talented group of seniors who proved they can win BIG in football. That team (which most are also on the basketball team) went threw adversity with injuries and such at key times, yet found a way to win. This basketball team is very athletic and can beat you in different ways. I realize Hazen is very similar, but I just think Motts run they made last year in the tournaments and their "championship experience" makes them the favorite to win it...
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby luckyinlife » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:18 am

I just saw a box score that showed DT beating MR. That should shake things up some right before tournament time. You gotta love Class B basketball.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby letsgosox » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:41 pm

American_Gangster wrote:
letsgosox wrote:experience matches up well, but i would say that as far as basketball goes, mott/regent has blown far more opportunities than hazen. hazen is 2 classes above m/r in football, so competetion might be a little better. i would venture to say that if mott stepped on the field w/ hazen, it would be no contest. so comparing football games, and the caliber of the games played, not comparable at all. experience is equal, maybe m/r has the edge there, but thats where it ends.

i would venture to say that if hazen and mott/regent played each other in football..it would be a little unfair seeing that hazen would have 2 extra players on the field (although im not saying that they cant beat hazen, i mean, they did beat napolean w/o 2 of their best players, but this isnt a football topic :D so..). You cant compare 2 teams from 2 different classes with 2 way different enrollment numbers...and in a basketball forum for goodness sake. and i still dont see how you think that m/r has blown FAR MORE chances than hazen has.

i was not the person who brought up the football subject. someone brought up that hazen has lost 2 semi final games, and because of that they choke. i was just pointing out that you cannot compare football, because they are two seperate class. and that if these two teams were on the field together it would be no contest, even if hazen went two people short. they just got killed by a not so good trinity team so all you m/r worshipers SSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
letsgosox

Postby point/center » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:43 pm

letsgosox wrote:
American_Gangster wrote:

i was not the person who brought up the football subject. someone brought up that hazen has lost 2 semi final games, and because of that they choke. i was just pointing out that you cannot compare football, because they are two seperate class. and that if these two teams were on the field together it would be no contest, even if hazen went two people short. they just got killed by a not so good trinity team so all you m/r worshipers SSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

relax people..relax...breathe...dribble..dribble...breathes....then shoot
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys