District 3

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

District 3

Postby playa10 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:30 am

District 3 seems to be wide open and really up for grabs this year. Larimore just knocked of H-N for the second time, but H-N just beat Thompson while Thompson has beaten Larimore twice. This is just one instance in the league, I know there are many others. Just looking for thoughts on how things will shake down in the league as the rest of the season progesses.
playa10

Re: District 3

Postby nc » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:52 pm

These are my opinions

1. DP- To much for other teams in district if starters are healthy. (Nichols has been out with mono, Keubers sick also)
2. Larimore- Could win the district if they are shooting the ball well. (Have to win consistantly)
3.H-N- Dont have enough depth to win the district. Really only two players score. (Wallace and Strand)
4.Thompson- Not enough height and experience to win the district. ( No leadership on the team)
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby halibut » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:10 pm

Seedings going into districts aren't going to mean squat this year. Only thing that's for sure is, CV will be #8 and GCC will be #7. So whoever ends up #1 and #2, will have easy first round victories. After that anything goes. If one team plays poor on a night, they will lose. Those 6 teams are so capable of beating the others, it's literally unreal. Dakota Prairie will get the #1 seeding providing they don't lose to Larimore tomorrow night. Nichols will be coming back shortly from mono and once they get him back in, they will continue to be the Dakota Prairie everyone in District 3 has feared. I think trying to predict what the seedings at the end of the regular season is somewhat pointless at this point since 1-6 are all a mess. I hope which ever 4 teams get the honor of representing District 3 in the Region 2 tournament, give District 4 a run. Prove to people that District 3 isn't a push over this year and compete with Grafton and North Border.
halibut
NDPreps Reserve

Postby playa10 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:26 pm

Right now the rescheduled game between Dakota Prairie and Thompson for the end of the year looks huge if they both take care of business. It's a two point game and they are both tied for the conference lead with one point in the loss column. H-N has stumbled twice already to Larimore, and Thompson handily beat Larimore twice already. I agree CV is locked in for the 8 seed and GCC can give MPCG a run for that 6th spot. Other than that, it is pretty wide open and should be a good tournament as always.
playa10

Postby HometownHigh » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:07 pm

for your review
Attachments
distr3020108.jpg
distr3020108.jpg (31.31 KiB) Viewed 2264 times
HometownHigh
NDPreps Starter

Postby halibut » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:18 am

District 3 Results from Friday, February 1st.

May-Port CG:64
Central Valley:46

Thompson:72
Hatton-Northwood:59 OT

Dakota Prairie:59
Larimore:46

Griggs County Central:61
Hillsboro:54
halibut
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:34 am

Does anyone have any updates on Seth Nichols?
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby gotmypopcorn » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:52 am

He played a limited amount Friday. Had a good game, but his stamina wasn't there yet.
gotmypopcorn
NDPreps Reserve

Postby playa10 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:07 am

Does anyone have an updated standings list after this weekend's games of District 3? I know there were four district games with lots of implications, just wondering how everything fell after Saturday.
playa10

Postby halibut » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:03 pm

Big game tomorrow as Hillsboro plays Thompson. If Thompson loses any game from here on out could cost them #1, but same with Dakota Prairie.
halibut
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys