Best Backcourt in State.

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Best Backcourt in State.

Postby toughregion2 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:21 pm

no you dont know what you are talking about. First who cares how his college career goes we are talking about his hs career at the moment. You say hes not great well how can you not be great and still do Great things which he has. Good thing your not a scout because you would have to see talent something we all know you cant do.
toughregion2

Postby notalent » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:25 pm

you guys call him a hero after one game...everybody can have one game. the kid just comes down the court and shoots, he doesn't get by anybody
notalent

Postby notalent » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:29 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
notalent wrote:carpenter might be the best PG in Region 2, but who does Region 2 have for talent this year in the guard position. Last year...hmmm Hager-Larimore, Nelson- Thompson, Klath- MPCG, Enger- MM, Delvo- CV, Wold-HN could play it, and Justin Moe played every pos. on the court...hmmm, if i recall those guys were pretty ligit playmakers on their respective teams and i know for a fact that they could shut carpenter down with ease. You guys have to admit that this year's Region 2 is one of the worst talent wise for a Region 2 in very long time. You don't have Moe, Lorenz, Klath, Hager, Nelson, Hegg, Myron, Delvo, and Wold. And this year it's Klinskie, Nichols, and Carpenter.....and with the talk of him being a great fball player? I mean come on...every play was through him and they made it to the second round of the playoffs and lost to a better TEAM in DP.(Was there by the way.)I wish my dad was head coach so i can pad my stats. I'd take Nichols anyday..i was actually a Carpenter fan until this year becaues i have seen a few games of his and have not come away impressed with his "team involvment" He looks for his own thing all the time. You will all see when he goes to college and does not succeed because he is not a great athlete...i know it sounds harsh, but the truth hurts.

Way to draw attention to yourself. You're obviously someone who is jealous of Tanner's abilities. I also don't think I would consider Klath or Enger a point guard. Mozinski was the PG for M-M and Klath was a shooting guard that had to bring the ball up. And none of those would shut him down, let alone do it with relative ease. You call him a selfish player during football. He doesn't call the plays, he runs the plays that are drawn up. You obviously don't know him because he's not a selfish player. I'm not going to start ripping on Nichols because they won on a "questionable play" in the quarterfinals. You can't say that his stats didn't get padded. I don't think I've ever seen a quarterback throw more 3 yard touchdown passes in high school then I did of Nichols this year. That's not a knock at him either, you do what works for your team. When you have an athlete as dynamic as those two you obviously are going to get them as involved with your offense as much as you can.

yea i've never seen a kid do so many one yard QB sneaks in a year...EDITED
notalent

Postby Hinsa » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:32 pm

Hey notalent - I haven't seem Carpenter play this year, but from what I'm reading on these posts, the kid can shoot and he's got great talent to toss the ball to. Did it ever occur to you that he doesn't HAVE to go around anyone?

Sounds like it's not the Eagles' game to have the point wheel and deal and penetrate. Sounds like they are doing pretty darn well with the game plan they have and if Carpenter is executing that plan, that takes talent in my book.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby notalent » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:42 pm

yea...considering there EDITED
notalent

Postby shooter » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:26 pm

notalent, I would take Carpenter, Chale, Wysocki, Mozinski, Otto, Smith, Klinske, Nichols, and probably lots others before I would take someone like you who obviously has no clue about playing HS basketball or HS sports for that matter. The fact that Carpenter had all those yards passing this past FB season or got them to within 1/2 yard of going to the state semis means that if he was a one man show, must have been an awfully talented one. You are such an *edited by moderator*.....sorry, can't let that one go....
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:55 pm

notalent wrote:yea...considering there is no talent in Region 2 for guards this year....i wish i had the same talent pool he has when i played.

I'd love to know who you actually are but it really doesn't matter because it's obvious you are jealous of other people's success. If you had a point guard that could shoot the ball the way Tanner can you'd want to get him shots too. Tanner this year is better then any point guard from last year or the year before. There might be others that are better at one aspect of the game but there isn't a guard I can think of better then him at everything. I'll also give you that Nichols is more athletic then Carpenter but that doesn't make him a better athlete. There is a huge difference between being more athletic or a better athlete. Being an athlete is about athleticism and intelligence. Tanner may not have the size and speed of someone like Nichols but I guarantee he's the smartest player on the court/field every time he competes. If you don't mind me asking what year(s) did you play basketball in high school just so we know what kind of talent pool you went up against.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby notalent » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:29 pm

NBE 2106 i know who you are and i no for fact i played against you and took care of you....
notalent

Postby notalent » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:48 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
notalent wrote:yea...considering there is no talent in Region 2 for guards this year....i wish i had the same talent pool he has when i played.

I'd love to know who you actually are but it really doesn't matter because it's obvious you are jealous of other people's success. If you had a point guard that could shoot the ball the way Tanner can you'd want to get him shots too. Tanner this year is better then any point guard from last year or the year before. There might be others that are better at one aspect of the game but there isn't a guard I can think of better then him at everything. I'll also give you that Nichols is more athletic then Carpenter but that doesn't make him a better athlete. There is a huge difference between being more athletic or a better athlete. Being an athlete is about athleticism and intelligence. Tanner may not have the size and speed of someone like Nichols but I guarantee he's the smartest player on the court/field every time he competes. If you don't mind me asking what year(s) did you play basketball in high school just so we know what kind of talent pool you went up against.[/quote

I believe Nichols had a better game then Carpenter in that matchup.....so what's your point here, i think Nichols is better in anything and everything....if you need it we'll just have to see them in a one-on-one showdown, oh wait, Nichols won that.
notalent

Postby toughregion2 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:08 pm

wish we would see this match up to bad dp isnt good enough to get to the region final im sure carpenter will find a way to get his team there unlike nichols
toughregion2

Postby notalent » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:15 pm

must be nice to have chale and smith....3 guys should beat 1 guy
notalent

Postby cubsfan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:10 pm

notalent wrote:well i guess you guys will have to see when he doens't do well in college

Does it matter how well he does in college? We are talking about the best back court in the state of ND for high school boys b basketball.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:15 pm

notalent wrote:must be nice to have chale and smith....3 guys should beat 1 guy

Nichols also has Kueber, Severson, and Fredericks.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndsportsfan00 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:30 pm

magic715 wrote:Eggl and Backes, both excellent defenders and Backes usually guards the other teams best player, and still plays good offensively. But Backes does play some 3 too, so pretty versatile. Eggl good spot up shooter, Backes can create pretty much anytime.

I agree with you that Backes is a very solid player. I feel the need to put this out there though...
He needs to pull his head out of his butt sometimes. His great ability is nothing if he can't remember he plays on a TEAM. I have felt disappointment while watching him in the last few games. Trying too hard for the glory and taking dumb shots when he should be dishing the ball to an open man. I hope to see MInot Ryan make it past regionals this year, but I fear that unless Backes starts playing WITH his team, they just won't make it to Fargo.
Being remembered as a great individual player doesn't compare to a State (team) Title.
IMHO
ndsportsfan00

Postby point/center » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:39 pm

notalent wrote:oh and i know what i'm talkin' about too...seen my fair share of games, and my teams have been very good and i know talent when i see it. Carpenter is good, but he's not "great" like you think he is....must be tough to throw into a 6'4'' that can jump outta the gym and have a slasher like Chale to score when you don't shoot 65% of the time.....you guys not to stop getting "talent struck"

notalent earned a 7 day vacation, just in time for Valentines Day so he can exchange the hate for LOVE. that's what this board is about...all about the love. no room for haters.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:38 pm

point/center wrote:
notalent wrote:oh and i know what i'm talkin' about too...seen my fair share of games, and my teams have been very good and i know talent when i see it. Carpenter is good, but he's not "great" like you think he is....must be tough to throw into a 6'4'' that can jump outta the gym and have a slasher like Chale to score when you don't shoot 65% of the time.....you guys not to stop getting "talent struck"

notalent earned a 7 day vacation, just in time for Valentines Day so he can exchange the hate for LOVE. that's what this board is about...all about the love. no room for haters.

Thank you
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Tommy Callahan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:01 pm

I agree tanner is a very smart player on the field, i have never seen him play on the court. But i would pick nichols over tanner. I also think DP can make it to regional championship. When they get everyone healthy again they will be very dangerous. come tourney time.
Tommy Callahan

Postby Wombat » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:25 am

First you say this...

notalent wrote:you guys call him a hero after one game...everybody can have one game. the kid just comes down the court and shoots, he doesn't get by anybody

And then you come back with this....
I believe Nichols had a better game then Carpenter in that matchup.....so what's your point here, i think Nichols is better in anything and everything....if you need it we'll just have to see them in a one-on-one showdown, oh wait, Nichols won that.

You can't have your cake and eat it too...
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:30 pm

notalent wrote:NBE 2106 i know who you are and i no for fact i played against you and took care of you....

haha well im not exactly trying to hide who i am on here with my name, congratulations you could figure it out too... so why don't u tell everyone else who u are
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby poweraidman » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:29 pm

i would put strausbergs players, all 7 or 8 of them can handle the ball, and all of them are very good 3 point shooters
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bball_raindrops » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:45 pm

I have to agree with Nelson and Malzer of TLM...watch them in a game some of their passes to each other are just unbelievable... plus they both have amaZing driving, and shooting abilities
bball_raindrops

Postby 2EASY » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:25 pm

bball_raindrops wrote:I have to agree with Nelson and Malzer of TLM...watch them in a game some of their passes to each other are just unbelievable... plus they both have amaZing driving, and shooting abilities

I wouldn't say both of them
2EASY
NDPreps Reserve

Postby future star » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:41 am

Malzer and nelson got my vote. :D
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Boys