Week 8 Poll

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Week 8 Poll

Postby Sioux » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:55 pm

Class 'B' Basketball Polls -

Eighth NDAPSSA Class 'B' Boys Basketball Poll
Released January 28, 2008
First Place Votes in Parentheses

Team Record Points Last Week
1 Watford City (11) 15-0 119 1
2 LaMoure (1) 13-0 108 2
3 North Border 13-0 96 3
4 Bishop Ryan 11-1 80 4
5 Lisbon 11-1 68 5
6 Hankinson 11-1 56 7
7 Turtle Lake-Mercer 13-1 42 NR
8 Richland 11-1 36 9
9 Grafton 11-2 15 NR
10 Richardton-Taylor 11-2 10 6

Others Receiving Votes: Munich-Starkweather (11-2), St. John (10-2), Linton (9-3), Four Winds (9-3), Dunseith (10-3), Hazen (8-3), Mott-Regent (10-3), Steele-Dawson (11-2).
Sioux

Re: Week 8 Poll

Postby letsgosox » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:29 pm

3 region 7 teams either getting votes or in the poll. i don't know that any of them deserve that.
letsgosox

Postby kobe4mvp » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:32 pm

not too many upsets from last weeks poll... good to see tl-mercer is finally up there.. they been playing tough
kobe4mvp

Postby chevyman11 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:19 pm

letsgosox wrote:3 region 7 teams either getting votes or in the poll. i don't know that any of them deserve that.

Against Region 7 teams for some reason?
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby score1234 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:22 pm

letsgosox wrote:3 region 7 teams either getting votes or in the poll. i don't know that any of them deserve that.

Are you kidding me? I'm gonna tell you this, when we played mott/regent this year, I've never seen a team play like they played. I tell you what, they have definatly got it together, and they are one team I would not wanna see again, but unfortantly I don't see that happening. They definatly deserve to be up their. They started out sluggish, but let me tell you one the past month they have definetly proven to be a legit title contended.
score1234
NDPreps Reserve

Postby letsgosox » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:10 pm

chevyman11 wrote:

Against Region 7 teams for some reason?

no i am a region 7 man all the way. forgive me if i think the region is down this year. There are some good teams but i don't think it is anywhere comparable to what it usually is.
letsgosox

Postby letsgosox » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:11 pm

score1234 wrote:

Are you kidding me? I'm gonna tell you this, when we played mott/regent this year, I've never seen a team play like they played. I tell you what, they have definatly got it together, and they are one team I would not wanna see again, but unfortantly I don't see that happening. They definatly deserve to be up their. They started out sluggish, but let me tell you one the past month they have definetly proven to be a legit title contended.

No i am not kidding you. Thats great that you don't want to face mott/regent again. How they played you has nothing to do with how they stack up against the rest of the state.
letsgosox

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:19 pm

i would think NR should be would be at least receiving votes the beat 4 winds an some other good ones only lost to east grand forks 73-68 i dunno just What i think!!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby score1234 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:21 pm

letsgosox wrote:
score1234 wrote:

No i am not kidding you. Thats great that you don't want to face mott/regent again. How they played you has nothing to do with how they stack up against the rest of the state.

Mott/Regent has probably the most talent on a basketball team in the state of North Dakota. Watch some time, I dare ya, you would be very surprised on how they would match up against some of the other power houses.
score1234
NDPreps Reserve

Postby letsgosox » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:28 pm

score1234 wrote:
letsgosox wrote:
score1234 wrote:

Mott/Regent has probably the most talent on a basketball team in the state of North Dakota. Watch some time, I dare ya, you would be very surprised on how they would match up against some of the other power houses.

i have watched mott/regent but by that statement you just made i'm not too sure you have. "most talent on a basketball team in the state of north dakota"? i think a team from watford city could have something to say about that. or any team in the top 10 for that matter
letsgosox

Postby chevyman11 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:31 pm

I don't know if I'd go so far to say that they have the most talent on a basketball team in the state of N.D., but it is nice to see them receiving votes. One of their losses was a close one to Hazen and their other was their first game of the year...
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby letsgosox » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:33 pm

chevyman11 wrote:I don't know if I'd go so far to say that they have the most talent on a basketball team in the state of N.D., but it is nice to see them receiving votes. One of their losses was a close one to Hazen and their other was their first game of the year...

and one was by 10 to a killdeer team that just lost to scranton
letsgosox

Postby chevyman11 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:35 pm

So we now judge Killdeer by one game? And 10 points isn't a blowout either...
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby letsgosox » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:39 pm

chevyman11 wrote:So we now judge Killdeer by one game? And 10 points isn't a blowout either...

no i'm not judging killdeer by one game, but when there is this much parody in a region, it means it is not that great. look at the region 7 teams in the past. this years region 7 teams would be their jv's. its not what it usually is.
letsgosox

Postby chevyman11 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:44 pm

So each team is playing different each night they play. Isn't that how the game is going to go? You're not going to have the same type of game each night. That doesnt mean there isn't Competition.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby letsgosox » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:50 pm

chevyman11 wrote:So each team is playing different each night they play. Isn't that how the game is going to go? You're not going to have the same type of game each night. That doesnt mean there isn't Competition.

i never said anything about competition. this is a very competitive region. it might be the most wide open region in the state, but it is overrated this year. i know alot of people are emotionally involved or play for these teams in the region 7, but really look at the talent on the teams and compare them to other teams in the state. you will see that region 7 is average at best this year.
letsgosox

Postby score1234 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:56 pm

letsgosox wrote:
score1234 wrote:
letsgosox wrote:
score1234 wrote:

i have watched mott/regent but by that statement you just made i'm not too sure you have. "most talent on a basketball team in the state of north dakota"? i think a team from watford city could have something to say about that. or any team in the top 10 for that matter

lets see, m/r demolished the #10 team in the state r/t. so maybe i went overboard on a couple things, i'll admit that, but come on, you cant tell me that m/r aint a serious title contender?
score1234
NDPreps Reserve

Postby letsgosox » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:59 pm

region 7 title contender, without question
letsgosox

Postby wildboy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:17 am

ndsportsfan14 wrote:i would think NR should be would be at least receiving votes the beat 4 winds an some other good ones only lost to east grand forks 73-68 i dunno just What i think!!

NR just got lucky that night because FW beat St. John by 17, and as we speak Four Winds is still the team to beat, thats just the bottom line, holler if you hear me.
wildboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby bluedevils_4 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:30 am

four winds didn't even make top ten how can you say they are the team to beat?
bluedevils_4
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:33 am

ndsportsfan14 wrote:i would think NR should be would be at least receiving votes the beat 4 winds an some other good ones only lost to east grand forks 73-68 i dunno just What i think!!

They've also lost to St John and Mwkn/Leeds....
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby mags » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:38 pm

dude u need to chill correct me if im wrong but i believe mott regent has lost 3 times, there are many great 1 loss teams out there that r not rated along with a lot of 2 loss teams out there that are not rated and prolly deserve it before a team with 3 losses. If they have so much talent they wouldnt lose just like all the teams with better records then them simple as that
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby chevyman11 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:22 pm

mags wrote:dude u need to chill correct me if im wrong but i believe mott regent has lost 3 times, there are many great 1 loss teams out there that r not rated along with a lot of 2 loss teams out there that are not rated and prolly deserve it before a team with 3 losses. If they have so much talent they wouldnt lose just like all the teams with better records then them simple as that

I believe this was stated before, but M/R's first loss was the first game of the season. Since then they have really picked it up and gotten things together. The other game the lost was to Hazen, which many on this site view as being the Region 7 champion. The 3rd was by 10 points to Killdeer, and ten points is not a very marginal victory. These 1 loss teams that u speak of-What kind of competition are they playing?
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby letsgosox » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:38 pm

chevyman11 wrote:
mags wrote:dude u need to chill correct me if im wrong but i believe mott regent has lost 3 times, there are many great 1 loss teams out there that r not rated along with a lot of 2 loss teams out there that are not rated and prolly deserve it before a team with 3 losses. If they have so much talent they wouldnt lose just like all the teams with better records then them simple as that

I believe this was stated before, but M/R's first loss was the first game of the season. Since then they have really picked it up and gotten things together. The other game the lost was to Hazen, which many on this site view as being the Region 7 champion. The 3rd was by 10 points to Killdeer, and ten points is not a very marginal victory. These 1 loss teams that u speak of-What kind of competition are they playing?

just as good, if not better than the competition that is currently in region 7
letsgosox

Postby NDbballfan123 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:06 am

i am also kinda surprised NR hasnt gotten any votes yet ive been to a few of their games and they play great ball, granted they do have three losses to st. john, ML, and east grand forks, but east grand forks is a great class A minnesota team and the ML came down to the foul trouble and ML shot great from the foul line, st. john beat them in the fourth quarter and thats how they lost that game. they had a lot of turnovers and other faults earlier in the year but have pulled it together and could be considered up among the top teams in the state
NDbballfan123
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys