serious question

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: serious question

Postby Deuce » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:15 am

Ocho Siete wrote:
baseball wrote:I posted this in another topic so i thought i would sya it here too....

Class B
Central Cass - 62.2 PPG
Lisbon - 67.4 PPG
North Border - 65.3 PPG
Four Winds - 77.4 PPG
Steele-Dawson - 65.2 PPG
Turtle-Lake - 78.2 PPG
Watford City - 74 PPG
Parshall - 73.4 PPG
Dunsieth - 62.6 PPG
Warwick - 79.3 PPG
New Rockford - 73.6 PPG

Class A (in 32 minutes)
Williston - 71.5 PPG (63.5 PPG)
Century - 59 PPG (52.4 PPG)
Minot - 76.2 PPG (67.7 PPG)
Jamestown - 50.5 PPG (44.9 PPG)
Wahpeton - 61.2 PPG (54.4 PPG) (lost to a Class B school)
Valley City - 58.5 PPG (52 PPG)
Dickinson - 71.6 PPG (63.6 PPG)

Few Random D-1 schools (in 32 minutes)
#22 Drake - 73.2 PPG (58.6 PPG)
#23 Xavier - 78.4 PPG (62.7 PPG)
#16 Dayton - 70.9 PPG (56.7 PPG)
#13 Pitt - 76.8 PPG (61.4 PPG)

shot clock has NO effect on a game so how is it helping the game so much? Smart source i also remember you posting youve never seen a class B game over 60 points. this posts also counters that arguement...

as for BHS playin more intense defense. thats maybe true because they have more players choose from? just thought i guess. Class B teams can run an intense defense for periods of time but not a whole game because they dont have the numbers to simply shuffle players in and out to keep that pressure up and still keep a solid basketball team out there

I think what these stats prove is that, Class B is just better. Period.

And better than the D-1 schools too! While were at it, lets do football

9Man
St. John 53 pts/gm
NC Benson 48 pts/gm
Mott 41 pts/gm

A
Cavalier 32 pts/gm
Harvey 28 pts/gm
Langdon 25 pts/gm

AA
Bish/Ryan 34 pts/gm
DL 29 pts/gm
Oak Grove 26 pts/gm

AAA
Fargo South 44 pts/gm
Bismarck 29 pts/gm
Minot 29 pts/gm

D1
LSU 38 pts/gm
Ohio St 31 pts/gm

So who needs those 2 extra players. This proves ND 9man is the best and could have won the BCS.
See you can't compare stats from different divisons because they don't play the same level of competition.

With the shot clock, I agree it won't matter 90% of the time. Its when you get to the end like Regions/State when you have good teams playing good teams where it would make a diffference.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:32 pm

The only reason why people compared the scoring in both classes is because some ignorant people on here were complaining that Class B bball needs a shot clock because all they do is hold the ball and score 30 pts a game. That's why the comparison to the pts/game was made. No one was saying that all of those Class B teams would beat the Class A ones.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bearsfan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:52 pm

Sorry.... the scoring numbers really don't mean alot..... a good team that plays a hard defense will not give up a very good shot in 35 seconds. That is the challenge with the shot clock.... get a decent shot within your offense within the 35 secs. Now there are teams that will be able to run it up and down the court and beat the other teams defense and will score more or they will have a hot night and score a lot of points..... but to take an average points per game and say that means something..... that is not right.

What the shot clock does is award the team that plays hard defense by allowing its offense more opportunities to score. At the same time that if a team doesn't use its offense to full advantage it allows teams that run good offense a chance to stay in games.

For those of you that see that it does nothing to your offensive output.... it does affect it..... coaches will teach hard nose defense for 35 secs and scores will go down. So looking at team scoring totals and averages doesn't tell the story.
Bearsfan

Previous

Return to Boys