Best Gyms?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Best Gyms?

Postby Roughrider » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:47 am

Bowmans is pretty nice but i hvae to say the nicest is Dickinson Trinity's gym
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thundercat 99 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:13 pm

Hazen's facility is pretty good, the court is really nice to play on
''You play to win the game!''
thundercat 99
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfbfan70 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:35 pm

i am suprised no one has mentioned some of the district 1 gyms. Sargent central, lisbon, lidgerwood all have excellent facilities. Britton SD also has an excellent gym.
ndfbfan70
NDPreps Starter

Postby chevyman11 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:26 pm

Roughrider wrote:Bowmans is pretty nice but i hvae to say the nicest is Dickinson Trinity's gym

Bowman's is pretty nice-especially after they re-did the floor. I gotta agree though that DT's is the nicest.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ddn4tcom » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:28 am

chevyman11 wrote:
Roughrider wrote:Bowmans is pretty nice but i hvae to say the nicest is Dickinson Trinity's gym

Bowman's is pretty nice-especially after they re-did the floor. I gotta agree though that DT's is the nicest.

the bleachers and the floor! We are a little more color coordinated now :? Dickinson trinity is so spacious though...its like a new car...no SUV!
ddn4tcom
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Vikings30 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:37 pm

Central Cass has to have one of the best gyms no question
Vikings30

Postby sportsmart » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:54 pm

central cass has a nice gym, but the bleachers stink to sit on very uncomfortable.
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby Vikings30 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:02 pm

sportsmart wrote:central cass has a nice gym, but the bleachers stink to sit on very uncomfortable.

Nobody has good bleachers they are all pretty much all the same
Vikings30

Postby sportsmart » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:06 pm

Vikings30 wrote:
sportsmart wrote:central cass has a nice gym, but the bleachers stink to sit on very uncomfortable.

Nobody has good bleachers they are all pretty much all the same

Disagree... The plastic ones that curve are terrible. These are in most of the new gyms. Lamoure, Enderlin, CC.... Stay with the ones without curve and they are much better. I even heard Enderlin is looking at changing there bleachers because they are so uncomfortable.
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby Vicarious » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:58 pm

sportsmart wrote:
Disagree... The plastic ones that curve are terrible. These are in most of the new gyms. Lamoure, Enderlin, CC.... Stay with the ones without curve and they are much better. I even heard Enderlin is looking at changing there bleachers because they are so uncomfortable.

I wonder who these plastic bleachers were designed to fit. I certainly wasn't me! I liked the old wooden fold-up ones. They had a little "give" to them and if you had long legs you could just hang them down.
Vicarious
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDsportwatcher » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:02 pm

Hinsa wrote:
poweraidman wrote:doesnt hillsboro have like 3 weightrooms, and 1 of them looking over the gym too?

Hillsboro has a beautiful new gym. Lot's of comfortable seating, lots of open space on either end, one combination weight room/wrestling room that is on a balcony that overlooks one side of the court, a community fitness center off of the entry area, a stage on one end of the court that can be used for overflow seating, new spacious entry area with concessions, attached to the elementary school so the elementary gym is used as a food serving area from the elementary kitchen.

A very good facility for medium sized tournaments. Not quite big enough for a region basketball tournament, in my opinion.

I do think that Hillsboro has the nicest gym that i have ever been in, but i havnt been out to Trinity yet. All the coaches that have played there from the district said that they would like to have more of the District tournaments there. Although not as big as Mayville State, Hillsboro is a great place to play.
NDsportwatcher
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bison09 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:10 am

Central Cass has the best gym in the East. The gym is huge and there is plenty of seating. The hoops are nice and so is the floor. Overall it is a great facility.
Bison09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby number33 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:38 pm

catfan wrote:Dunseiths gym is one of the poorest designed gyms I have ever been in, you can hardly turn around in the locker rooms they are so small, the entrance to the locker room area is right in the middle of the seating section so they lost all of that seating and they put the court on the west end against the wall and then tried to add all that seating on the east end, when the bleachers are pushed back it looks like the black hole back there. If they get the boys district tournament it will be a disaster, and there is no way they seat more than Bottineau does, Bottineau has the best high school facility possibly in the state.

Another very nice gym is Glenburn, fairly new, good seating and good lighting.

Im gonna Have to disagree with you their catfan....first of all i believe that dunseith's gym is one of the biggest in north dakota and second of all have u been in the new locker rooms that they added on? they are huge!! :shock: haha but yeah you can think what you wanna but dunseith's gym would be an excellent host for district 11......i think most people that play their dont complain about anything and they do get to host district next season....it is already set up in the rotation so quit complaining about their gym it is awesome.. :wink:
number33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:09 pm

Is Dunseith's gym located at their high school? I've only been to a fball game there and it didn't look like there was a big gym. Sounds like they have a pretty nice gym, just curious as to where its at.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby dunseithdragon06 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:18 pm

Dunseith's new gym is connected to the elementary school, its a couple blocks to the north of the high school
dunseithdragon06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby number33 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:56 am

ndlionsfan wrote:Is Dunseith's gym located at their high school? I've only been to a fball game there and it didn't look like there was a big gym. Sounds like they have a pretty nice gym, just curious as to where its at.

you can't miss it when your going through dunseith it is the biggest bulding their and it is a couple of blocks north of the high school...
number33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby whompa » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:26 pm

Hillsboro by far my favorite IMO, very nice place, everything brand new, and great floor and playing atmosphere.
whompa
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsmarketing20 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:40 pm

Hazelton. very nice
sportsmarketing20
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys