New Town at Parshall

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who will win?

Parshall
75%
New Town
25%

Total votes : 8

New Town at Parshall

Postby truballaz » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:01 pm

Who will win? And why? And Vote. Sat Jan 26th
truballaz
NDPreps Reserve

Re: New Town at Parshall

Postby kobe4mvp » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:56 pm

new town is coming off a close game with watford, but i don't see them stopping youngbird. parshall by 10
kobe4mvp

Postby project-pat » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:23 am

Finley and Youngbird are gonna dominate....
project-pat

Postby AAfootballfan » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:39 am

project-pat wrote:Finley and Youngbird are gonna dominate....

New Town-66
Parshall-52

This quote is about as funny as your prediction of Divide County beating Watford for the region. DC lost to Trinity Christain by 16, which just lost to Killdeer last night, WC beat Killdeer by 39...just a few thoughts for ya Pat.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby truballaz » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:30 am

I was at the game tonight and New Town played very hard. They came out ready to play and Parshall looked very bad in the 1st. Finley didnt start. In the 2nd Parshall turned up the D and cut the lead to 3 by the half. In the 3rd they were close until Parshall stopped playing D on James( Not sure his firstname but #15) And in the 4th Parshall made a run but New Town played very well at the end. I'm not sure what the deal was tonight with Youngbird but he was taking 30 feet jumpshot. He should have been in the paint. Also New Town pressed the them the whole game and it was like Parshall didnt have a press break or something. Finley was yelling at his team the whole night and wouldnt pass the ball. Now I like Parshall and I drive about an hour to see them play, but for them not to work hard for the whole game was very bad basketball. Parshall looked like they where at a pick up game.
truballaz
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Opie11 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:26 pm

I was at the game too, and thought that Youngbird made himself easily defendable by standing outside the arc and shooting 3's so much. If he made them defend him in the post everytime down the floor he could score a lot and get the other team in foul trouble. I don't think anyone on New Town's team could have stopped him one on one in the low post. New Town also shot the ball from the outside pretty well and put the pressure on Parshall's guards with the press.
Opie11

Postby toddjames » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:52 pm

Yeah, Young Bird seems content to stick outside and shoot 3's all day... Parshall would be winning on a more consistent basis if he would just get in the post and take over, which he is more than capable of doing... it's not only the scoring, but also the rebounding... he's by far one of the best rebounders in the state when he sets his mind to it...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sioux » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:43 pm

toddjames wrote:Yeah, Young Bird seems content to stick outside and shoot 3's all day... Parshall would be winning on a more consistent basis if he would just get in the post and take over, which he is more than capable of doing... it's not only the scoring, but also the rebounding... he's by far one of the best rebounders in the state when he sets his mind to it...

Yeah, he does need to post up, however he will not be asked to post up at the college level all that much and I am sure that is his INDIVIDUAL goal to get a college scholarship..If colleges are going to come after him he is going to have to get much better on the outside. KEEP SHOOTING THEM RUDY!!!!!!!!!
Sioux

Postby magic715 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:30 pm

Sioux wrote:
toddjames wrote:Yeah, Young Bird seems content to stick outside and shoot 3's all day... Parshall would be winning on a more consistent basis if he would just get in the post and take over, which he is more than capable of doing... it's not only the scoring, but also the rebounding... he's by far one of the best rebounders in the state when he sets his mind to it...

Yeah, he does need to post up, however he will not be asked to post up at the college level all that much and I am sure that is his INDIVIDUAL goal to get a college scholarship..If colleges are going to come after him he is going to have to get much better on the outside. KEEP SHOOTING THEM RUDY!!!!!!!!!

If he wants to play at a 4 yr school, DEFENSE comes first!!!!
magic715

Return to Boys