7th poll jan 21st

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 7th poll jan 21st

Postby halibut » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:36 am

Vikings30 wrote:I dont get y FSHP isnt rated they have a solid team

Probably because of being 8-4 and one of the losses being to a North Sargent team who is only recieving votes. They lost to a inconsistent Hillsboro, Northern Cass and most recently Hatton-Northwood. Four losses won't get you into the top 10 until at least 2 more weeks i'm guessing and by then my guess is they still won't make it
halibut
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:52 am

im suprise Steele wasnt recieving votes, they are 9-2 and have beat linton who is 7-3 and receiving votes? not saying they are a top 10 team, but with their record and beating a team recieving votes i dont konw?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby truballaz » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:55 am

Anybody what is Parshall record?
truballaz
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:47 am

DCFAN#55 wrote:What is with North Border.... Are they pretty good or just havn't played anybody that was very good because i havnt heard very much chatter about them..??

I am just going to throw this out there. Tanner Carpenter is one of the best pure point guards in the state.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Iron Scope » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:40 am

baseball wrote:im suprise Steele wasnt recieving votes, they are 9-2 and have beat linton who is 7-3 and receiving votes? not saying they are a top 10 team, but with their record and beating a team recieving votes i dont konw?

Steele should be higher than Linton. Better record and beat them during the year. I don't care if one of Linton's scoring threats was out. They are going to have to play without starters due to foul trouble every once in while. Steele should be receiving votes imo.
Last edited by Iron Scope on Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iron Scope

Postby shooter » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:00 am

NB has played some fairly good teams as well. They beat a Grafton team whose only other loss is to WC and a Munich/Starkweather team that's been recieving votes almost all year. I do agree with the closing out opponents statement though. They play grafton again next Friday the 1st in Walhalla. Should be a good test of strength for them.
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:17 am

cubsfan that wasn't too big of a bombshell. I don't think to many people would disagree with you.
PA42

Postby shooter » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:27 am

I think Carpenter is even more than just a pure point guard because of his scoring ability. He does all the great PG things like leading the team, distributing the ball, steals, etc...., but his scoring puts him over the top. I would actually like to see another guard in the state that rivals him as far as his on the court skills. I know there isn't another one up in the NE corner.
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby KBFAN33 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:30 am

Parshalls going to beat watford easy!
KBFAN33
NDPreps Starter

Postby AAfootballfan » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:31 am

KBFAN33 wrote:Parshalls going to beat watford easy!

Haha I wonder where this guy is from?? So Parshall is going to win on Watford's court EASY??? I Love it..your gonna be eating your words buddie!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassBEast » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:23 am

halibut wrote:
Vikings30 wrote:I dont get y FSHP isnt rated they have a solid team

Probably because of being 8-4 and one of the losses being to a North Sargent team who is only recieving votes. They lost to a inconsistent Hillsboro, Northern Cass and most recently Hatton-Northwood. Four losses won't get you into the top 10 until at least 2 more weeks i'm guessing and by then my guess is they still won't make it

And they just lost to Oak Grove 53-51. Oak Grove is a very average 8-6 this year. I'm not sure what happened to FSHP, I thought they were going to be better this year.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby classb_fan00 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:03 am

BCN gave Lamoure a good game tonight. I think lamoure won by 13. it was close all game.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballuvr » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:43 am

BCN did play well. Not close all game, but LaMoure didn't bury them when they had the chance to. Credit to BCN. LaMoure didn't play as well as they need to in the 1/2 court set. They missed several oppurtunities. Part of that credit goes to BCN.
LaMoure has been rolling for a while. Good for them to have a district road game that isn't a blowout. It might keep them from overlooking anybody.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 4givethem » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:50 pm

[quote="shooter"]I think Carpenter is even more than just a pure point guard because of his scoring ability. He does all the great PG things like leading the team, distributing the ball, steals, etc...., but his scoring puts him over the top. I would actually like to see another guard in the state that rivals him as far as his on the court skills. I know there isn't another one up in the NE corner.

No doubt, good player, much like the entire NB team, but in my opinion he is not hands down the
best one in the NE, and he will be solved before they get to state. The entire NB team wins, they make him look somewhat better than he is, they play the game of BB the way it should be. BUT, this is with his contribution to the TEAM, and the help of a very good coach. A lot of point guards can do what he does, they just don't play for NB. :wink:
4givethem

Postby shooter » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:29 am

I agree that the team makes him appear better, but I also think that he makes the team appear better. NB IMO isn't nearly as good without Carpenter, but I think any other team is much better with Carpenter.
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby magic715 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:34 pm

shooter wrote:I agree that the team makes him appear better, but I also think that he makes the team appear better. NB IMO isn't nearly as good without Carpenter, but I think any other team is much better with Carpenter.

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think u could say that for every team in the top 10, about there best or second best player
magic715

Previous

Return to Boys