7th poll jan 21st

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

7th poll jan 21st

Postby magic715 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:05 pm

Seventh NDAPSSA Class 'B' Boys Basketball Poll
Released January 21, 2008
First Place Votes in Parenthesis

Team Record Points Last Week
1 Watford City (9) 12-0 99 1
2 LaMoure (1) 12-0 89 2
3 North Border 11-0 83 3
4 Bishop Ryan 10-1 63 5
5 Lisbon 9-1 46 6
6 Richardton-Taylor 10-1 44 8
7 Hankinson 10-1 42 4
8 St. John 9-1 21 7
9 Richland 8-1 19 9
10 Hazen 8-2 16 10

Others Receiving Votes: Munich-Starkweather (10-2), Parshall (8-2), Grafton (9-2), Turtle Lake-Mercer, Linton (7-3), North Sargent (10-3).
magic715

Re: 7th poll jan 21st

Postby Sioux » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:08 pm

First week in awhile somebody besides Watford City got a first place vote..
Sioux

Postby project-pat » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:08 pm

magic715 wrote: Team Record Points Last Week
1 Watford City (9) 12-0 99 1
2 LaMoure (1) 12-0 89 2
3 North Border 11-0 83 3
4 Bishop Ryan 10-1 63 5
5 Lisbon 9-1 46 6
6 Richardton-Taylor 10-1 44 8
7 Hankinson 10-1 42 4
8 St. John 9-1 21 7
9 Richland 8-1 19 9
10 Hazen 8-2 16 10

Others Receiving Votes: Munich-Starkweather (10-2), Parshall (8-2), Grafton (9-2), Turtle Lake-Mercer, Linton (7-3), North Sargent (10-3).

OVERRATED
project-pat

Postby gator-nation » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:16 pm

Sioux wrote:First week in awhile somebody besides Watford City got a first place vote..

Maybe its because they had a really close game to Bowman on saturday. I do believe they were down at halftime and won because of a bad 4th quarter by Bowman. I see R/T went up to 6, they're only loss is to Bowman by 10, but they did beat Bowman before that in OT. R/T is playing very well as a team right now.
gator-nation

Postby Sioux » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:18 pm

gator-nation wrote:
Sioux wrote:First week in awhile somebody besides Watford City got a first place vote..

Maybe its because they had a really close game to Bowman on saturday. I do believe they were down at halftime and won because of a bad 4th quarter by Bowman. I see R/T went up to 6, they're only loss is to Bowman by 10, but they did beat Bowman before that in OT. R/T is playing very well as a team right now.

Did you ever think that Watford didn't have a good first three quarters and Bowman played very well the first half?? Maybe Watford played better in the fourth???? Just a thought.
Sioux

Postby gator-nation » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:22 pm

Sioux wrote:
gator-nation wrote:

Did you ever think that Watford didn't have a good first three quarters and Bowman played very well the first half?? Maybe Watford played better in the fourth???? Just a thought.

could that maybe be good defense????????? just a thought :D

you go to the game?
gator-nation

Postby Sioux » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:30 pm

Nope, listened on the radio..to me it sounded like Bowman hit a lot of shots early and watford missed a lot of easy ones. Give credit to Bowman they played hard but like the radio man said Watford's depth put the bulldogs down in a big way in the fourth..Plus it was at home, so if Bowman is a good as many people say. To beat a team by 18 on their home court is pretty good no matter what quarter it was in. Dickinson Trinity will once again come out of that region..Wait and see..Go titans
Sioux

Postby project-pat » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:32 pm

Sioux wrote:Nope, listened on the radio..to me it sounded like Bowman hit a lot of shots early and watford missed a lot of easy ones. Give credit to Bowman they played hard but like the radio man said Watford's depth put the bulldogs down in a big way in the fourth..Plus it was at home, so if Bowman is a good as many people say. To beat a team by 18 on their home court is pretty good no matter what quarter it was in. Dickinson Trinity will once again come out of that region..Wait and see..Go titans

you must not of listened very closely then...according to my eyes, who saw the game...Bowman didn't shoot so hot to start...2 airballs in their first 2 posessions, other than the deadliness of boos, they didnt do so hot either
project-pat

Postby Sioux » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Boos had four threes in the first half--I would say that is pretty good and for Bowman not much of a scoring team to have 30 at half I would have to say that-for them they shot the ball well. I believe it was like 45-50 % from the field the first half. Watford according to the NDHSAA website is score like 75 ppg so for them to have one what was it 29 at half credit should be given to Bowman for their defense but really they did miss a lot down low from what I remember hearing
Sioux

Postby gator-nation » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

I do believe Watford City had fresh legs running at the bulldogs the whole entire game and it may just have came to haunt Bowman. They won by 18 pts because of 5 tournovers in a row to start the fourth that all turned into easy layups........
gator-nation

Postby Sioux » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:38 pm

gator-nation wrote:I do believe Watford City had fresh legs running at the bulldogs the whole entire game and it may just have came to haunt Bowman. They won by 18 pts because of 5 tournovers in a row to start the fourth that all turned into easy layups........

Like you said in an early post DEFENSE maybe?? :)
Sioux

Postby project-pat » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:41 pm

Wolf had an off night....and Boos had 3 three pointers in the first half, and one in the 2nd half...get your facts straight man before you bring your trash in here haha
project-pat

Postby Sioux » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:50 pm

project-pat wrote:Wolf had an off night....and Boos had 3 three pointers in the first half, and one in the 2nd half...get your facts straight man before you bring your trash in here haha

My bad..Three is still pretty good :D Didn't he have like 12-14 points in the first half though..He really came to play. Lots of props to him..As for Wolf, he didn't shoot well at first but got close to his average. Just admit Bowman played well and did a good job of containing Watford and the better team hung with the team that had nothing to lose and crushed them at the end..I don't even know why I am defending watford but us region 7 guys spend way to much time on here..
Sioux

Postby gator-nation » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:54 pm

Sioux wrote:
project-pat wrote:Wolf had an off night....and Boos had 3 three pointers in the first half, and one in the 2nd half...get your facts straight man before you bring your trash in here haha

My bad..Three is still pretty good :D Didn't he have like 12-14 points in the first half though..He really came to play. Lots of props to him..As for Wolf, he didn't shoot well at first but got close to his average. Just admit Bowman played well and did a good job of containing Watford and the better team hung with the team that had nothing to lose and crushed them at the end..I don't even know why I am defending watford but us region 7 guys spend way to much time on here..

Agreed.....
gator-nation

Postby truballaz » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:37 am

Is the records right. Parshall was 7-2 tied for 10th lastweek. Now they are 8-2 and out of the top 10. Maybe they should be out of the top 10, but I think they played like 3 games lastweek and won all 3. So the record should be 10-2, but I'm not sure. Anyone know?
truballaz
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Vikings30 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:11 pm

I dont get y FSHP isnt rated they have a solid team
Vikings30

Postby Hinsa » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:27 pm

Vikings30 wrote:I dont get y FSHP isnt rated they have a solid team

Have you looked at their record lately?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby triplebbb » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:14 pm

WC is talented and deep and have come up with ways to win some close games...with and without Shipman. Their remaining schedule should get them ready for postseason....NewTown, Trinity Christian, Parshall, Hazen, Dickinson Trinity. Pretty good teams...tough to go undefeated, but they seem to have whatever "IT" is this year.
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter

Postby biggest ticket » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:03 pm

I hope Turtle Lake - Mercer cracks the top 10 after beating Hazen by 27, Velva by 30 some back to back games. They havnt played anyone real good till last night, but they still looked head and shoulders better than Hazen. TL-M is 12-1 with only loss being their first of the year. Twelve straight wins and none close. Closest was Bismarck JV in Mclean County championship where TL-M was ahead 17 mid 3rd and Bismarck fought back to make it a 9 point game after a 3/4 shot went in for the demons. So what Im sayin is that wasnt really a close game either.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby WoodChuck14 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:58 pm

I cant beleive st.john is still ranked in state after losing to m/l and i also cant believe wafferd city is still undeafted. :shock:
WoodChuck14

Postby bballuvr » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:01 pm

Explain y u r surprised WC is undefeated. Just curious.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DCFAN#55 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:56 pm

What is with North Border.... Are they pretty good or just havn't played anybody that was very good because i havnt heard very much chatter about them..??
DCFAN#55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:57 pm

surprised to see Trinity is finally not recieving votes...I never thought I'd see the day
project-pat

Postby baseballlvr » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:00 pm

WoodChuck14 wrote:I cant beleive st.john is still ranked in state after losing to m/l and i also cant believe wafferd city is still undeafted. :shock:

also, just because they lost one game to ML doesn't mean that they'll be wiped off the board completely. They only lost by three, and they still have a very good record. Hazen has lost 2 and is still on there...
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseballlvr » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:03 pm

DCFAN#55 wrote:What is with North Border.... Are they pretty good or just havn't played anybody that was very good because i havnt heard very much chatter about them..??

North Border is a very well balanced team. they have a decent post player in Mike Smith, and two pretty big threats on the outside with Tanner Carpenter and Dustin Chale. They're a fairly tall team.They're a running team, and control the tempo of the game very well. I just think they have trouble closing out games when they're far enough ahead. They have a tendancy to let teams get back within single digits of them.
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys