Is Scranton for Real?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Is Scranton for Real?

Postby 151 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:35 pm

I was wondering what you guys though about Scranton. Do you think they are for real, or do you think that they just got lucky?

Re: Is Scranton for Real?

Postby gugmo » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:42 pm

scrantons got potential, they outplayed killdeer , they just havent been able to play like they usually do against the good teams yet, but they are one of the bests in their district, honeyman kid just simply shut out dufault, it didnt even look hard for him, going against man the whole game on dufault is amazing, burns did decent on him as well, otherwise scrantons bench sure gave them another push. scrantons depth is dangerous, and also talk about that unbelieveable buzzer beater by shawn burns...on the opponnets free throw line , maybe even back further, one handed bank in? simply incredible
gugmo
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Sioux » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:42 pm

gugmo wrote:scrantons got potential, they outplayed killdeer , they just havent been able to play like they usually do against the good teams yet, but they are one of the bests in their district, honeyman kid just simply shut out dufault, it didnt even look hard for him, going against man the whole game on dufault is amazing, burns did decent on him as well, otherwise scrantons bench sure gave them another push. scrantons depth is dangerous, and also talk about that unbelieveable buzzer beater by shawn burns...on the opponnets free throw line , maybe even back further, one handed bank in? simply incredible

They scored fifty points WOW. The impressive point is how many points they gave up. I believe they are an average team..Along with Killdeer. They will need to continue to play strong defense to play with the big teams in their region..However they will also have to be better on offense..Solid district team, but after that they will have trouble..
Sioux

Postby project-pat » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:28 pm

gugmo wrote:scrantons got potential, they outplayed killdeer , they just havent been able to play like they usually do against the good teams yet, but they are one of the bests in their district, honeyman kid just simply shut out dufault, it didnt even look hard for him, going against man the whole game on dufault is amazing, burns did decent on him as well, otherwise scrantons bench sure gave them another push. scrantons depth is dangerous, and also talk about that unbelieveable buzzer beater by shawn burns...on the opponnets free throw line , maybe even back further, one handed bank in? simply incredible

I wouldn't say holding someone to 20 points is exactly shutting them out...
project-pat

Postby Sioux » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:57 pm

What is your definition of FOR REAL?? -- State Contender--BIG NO--Region contender--NO, District top four--Possible, Not get into the region--Very possible
Sioux

Postby chevyman11 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:05 pm

Sioux wrote:What is your definition of FOR REAL?? -- State Contender--BIG NO--Region contender--NO, District top four--Possible, Not get into the region--Very possible

Agreed...
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Playa_Hata10 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:07 pm

Straight outta Webster's...

for re·al - adj. - describes a team that plays (for the most part) poorly at the beginning of the season, has one upset over an unsuspecting team of avg. players (minus you-know-who), and will soon be forgotten after they go (if they get lucky in districts) one and done in regionals.

so yeah...they is "for real"
Playa_Hata10

Postby AllInYourFace » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:04 am

Alright, First of all...I think scranton is definately for real..Sure they have some off nights where they have to come back in the end...but they "always" come back and make a run for it...it doesn't matter if there down 6-18 in the first quarter..they give everyone a run for their money.
Shawn Burns- Shoots the rock, highest scorer, makes plays happen
Blake Honeyman-Good post who can shoot the mid ranged jumper
Brian Hagen- good "strong" post
Travis Teske- "amazing" shot with some post moves
Casey Kromarek- surprised he isnt a starter.. hardly misses
not sure on the others capabilities but these are the people that stand out to me...
AllInYourFace

Postby project-pat » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:06 am

jeez, we got scranton fans comin out of the wood work....they win one game against a region contender, and suddenly everybody goes to SHS haha
project-pat

Postby AllInYourFace » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:11 am

im sorry project pat, but im not "on" scrantons side at all...
I just think that if they keep playing well, like they did against killdeer, they could be a contender for regionals..dont get yourself carried away...after all this is under the "Is Scranton For Real" link
AllInYourFace

Postby project-pat » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:35 am

Scranton is not for real man....you beat Killdeer...congratulations...I bet that gave a little morale to the squad...but we'll see how you guys compete with teams like Watford, Hazen, and Richardton/Taylor....I love Scranton, but come on, let's get real here....
project-pat

Postby AllInYourFace » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:37 am

hm...hazen and watford arent even in district 13 lol. i said contender for regionals not for state
AllInYourFace

Postby project-pat » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:39 am

AllInYourFace wrote:hm...hazen and watford arent even in district 13 lol. i said contender for regionals not for state

well last time I checked Hazen is in the region....and Scranton went down 34-60 to Richardton....it doesn't matter if you can make it out of the district...if you can't compete with the region...just making your season longer...
project-pat

Postby project-pat » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:51 am

I was probably the biggest scranton fan in the world though after they beat Killdeer....GO MINERS! haha
project-pat

Postby tripledoublenigs » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:32 am

ill let u other guys with no life post comments
Last edited by tripledoublenigs on Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
tripledoublenigs

Postby 151 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:36 am

Killdeer is good, but they aren't the best
Last edited by 151 on Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Gentle Grafter » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:49 am

congratulations. Scranton beat "1" good team, you dont have to brag them up like their the best.
Gentle Grafter

Postby 151 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:52 am

Yeah honestly they beat 1 good team, its about time.

Postby tripledoublenigs » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:54 am

rs
Last edited by tripledoublenigs on Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
tripledoublenigs

Postby 151 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:56 am

Ok seriously now, learn to talk kid

Postby hsballfan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:54 pm

lets see if scranton can keep it goin with a win over Hettinger tonight.
hsballfan

Postby Playa_Hata10 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:52 pm

hsballfan wrote:lets see if scranton can keep it goin with a win over Hettinger tonight.

This will probably be the team they will have to beat if they plan on getting into regionals...i think they have a good chance IF they can play as well as they played against killdeer...do u know where the game is at?
Playa_Hata10

Postby hsballfan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:07 pm

hettinger
hsballfan

Postby gugmo » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:08 pm

ouch , they go to hettinger, if they are able to pull off a win at hettinger, thats pretty impressive for how hettinger can get sometimes...scrantons got something to prove tonight
gugmo
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Vikings30 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:08 pm

project-pat wrote:I was probably the biggest scranton fan in the world though after they beat Killdeer....GO MINERS! haha

Ya but u r also the biggest bowman fan cuz thats where u r from
Vikings30

Next

Return to Boys