Randall

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Randall

Postby Hunting101 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:07 pm

For those that have seen many great players in the past how does Randall compare to the greats from ND. Such as Boshe(sp?), Jake Holen, Denver Tenbrook(sp?) and others?

I know he is only a sophmore but how does his game translate to the college game? Is he a DI talent or more of jamestown recuit? With that said what parts of his game need to be improved to be a DI talent?

Not much of a basketball mind so thanks for the info.
Hunting101

Re: Randall

Postby Iron Scope » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:03 pm

If he works hard in the upcoming off seasons he is D-1. He obviously has to get faster/quicker as that is a must for anyone who wants to play D-1 ball.
Iron Scope

Re: Randall

Postby baseball » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:07 pm

hes got good size for a gaurd, my guess is he will grow about 2-3 more inches in high schoola nd be about 6'5" when he graduates and if he plays college ball will be a good size for a 2 gaurd or a wing man. if he wants to be D-1 the obvious thing he needs to work on his strength. hes not the biggest guy in the world but he is stronger then he looks. if he hits the weights over the next 2 years he has a chance at maybe a low-mid major d-1 school. Dufault showed that all it takes is one good summer and your on the map for the major conferences, but if Randall is to play D-1 i see him in conference like the summit or missouri valley and not conferences like the Big 12 and Pac 10.

one of my pet peeves is when people come on here and say so and so is the next big thing and he is going D-1 and he is either a freshman or a sophomore. I say wait til about this time next year to see how he progresses over next summer. with that said, the kid as an amazing up side with a ton of potential. a great class B defender but i havnet seen him play against great competition yet such as that on the AAU/D-1 level. hes got good length and quickness and blocks more perimeter shots then any player ive ever seen. great close out defender on a shooter and doesnt get faked very much. watching him play this year compared to last year he has improve a great deal on his ball handling and ability to get to the rim and finish.

Last year the talk of the town was Bakkum and where will he go to college, but after i talked to a few people this year its almost like they forgot about him and moved on. Bakkum in my mind is still the best player to come out of the school, but in 2 years i think he will rank 2nd.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys