Region 8

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 8

Postby Sioux » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:36 pm

WIth Mandaree and Divide, giving "# 1 Watford City" down to the wire games and Trinity Christian beating Trenton by only 6 at home what is going to happen in this Region??
Sioux

Re: Region 8

Postby greatest » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:18 pm

i really thought watford city would run away with this region. i think the next best team then is parshall - but they laid a huge egg against bottineau . granted they were without 2 starters , and a 3rd got in early foul trouble - and bottineau isnt a great team or n e thing , but a loss is a loss . this region still belongs to watford city i feel , but only because im not impressed with the parshall boys so far . if finley plays feb 12 at watford - then ill make my decision on whose the best in this region then , but i feel as of right now its watfords region . some teams id watch out for also would include new town , trinity christian , and divide county .
The One and The Only, Quite Simply The GREATEST.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby bawlhogg701 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:19 pm

Watford City and Parshall are the teams in this region. Even though Parshall is defending state champs I think they are still the underdog in this matchip. However, if Parshalls team is healthy next month they have a shot at knocking off #1 Watford City...thats considering Watford stays #1 up until their meeting.
<{I Ball}>
bawlhogg701
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsperson » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:37 pm

What two starters didn't play against Bottineau for Parshall?
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby greatest » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:12 pm

sportsperson wrote:What two starters didn't play against Bottineau for Parshall?

jalen finley had a bum ankle and jesse many ribs was also out . and included peirce deane was in early foul trouble
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby AAfootballfan » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:30 pm

bawlhogg701 wrote:Watford City and Parshall are the teams in this region. Even though Parshall is defending state champs I think they are still the underdog in this matchip. However, if Parshalls team is healthy next month they have a shot at knocking off #1 Watford City...thats considering Watford stays #1 up until their meeting.

The only way Parshall has a chance at beating the Wolves this year is if they totally forget that Rudy is on the floor. I could see Watford City putting a chaser on Young Bird and saying hey now all you other guys beat us and I like WC's chances with that being said! This is Watford's year for sure and they would have to lay a huge egg to not make it out of this region from what I have seen! I guess thats why they play the games though....we shall see.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sioux » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:42 pm

AAfootballfan wrote:
bawlhogg701 wrote:Watford City and Parshall are the teams in this region. Even though Parshall is defending state champs I think they are still the underdog in this matchip. However, if Parshalls team is healthy next month they have a shot at knocking off #1 Watford City...thats considering Watford stays #1 up until their meeting.

The only way Parshall has a chance at beating the Wolves this year is if they totally forget that Rudy is on the floor. I could see Watford City putting a chaser on Young Bird and saying hey now all you other guys beat us and I like WC's chances with that being said! This is Watford's year for sure and they would have to lay a huge egg to not make it out of this region from what I have seen! I guess thats why they play the games though....we shall see.

As the last scores indicate, I don't know if it would have to be to big of an egg..Or maybe they are just starting to lay it..
Sioux

Postby truballaz » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:26 am

Watford and Parshall need to worry about New Town. Watford and New Town on Thru and Parshall and New Town on Sat of next week.
truballaz
NDPreps Reserve

Postby linksman » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:03 pm

So Parshall and Watford need to worry about just Newtown? Trinity Christian just beat Newtown 103-85 without one of Trinity's starting guards. Mandaree is the 6th best team in the region and needed only one more bucket to beat Watford. Sounds to me like things are getting much more interesting than some of you thought it would be.
linksman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sioux » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:12 pm

linksman wrote:So Parshall and Watford need to worry about just Newtown? Trinity Christian just beat Newtown 103-85 without one of Trinity's starting guards. Mandaree is the 6th best team in the region and needed only one more bucket to beat Watford. Sounds to me like things are getting much more interesting than some of you thought it would be.

I know these teams are pretty good offensively but for god sake can't they play defense..
Sioux

Postby Hunterlaf » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:53 pm

[quote="truballaz"]Watford and Parshall need to worry about New Town. Watford and New Town on Thru and Parshall and New Town on Sat

the parshall new town game is going to be a good won always will be i got parshall winnin the game 87-75
anyother predictions?
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AAfootballfan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:09 pm

Hunterlaf wrote:
truballaz wrote:Watford and Parshall need to worry about New Town. Watford and New Town on Thru and Parshall and New Town on Sat

the parshall new town game is going to be a good won always will be i got parshall winnin the game 87-75
anyother predictions?

Well considering both of these teams play absolutley no defense at all i will say Parshall wins 97-87...haha....but seriously that is why both of these teams will not beat Watford City.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballqueen » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:19 am

I think New Town got alot better at their defense the last time they played watford City. The next time they play them I think they will be ready for them.
JOHN 3:16
bballqueen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby triplebbb » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:07 pm

NewTown gave up 100+ to Trinity Christian and their defense is better than early this season? WC plays at NewTown tomorrow nite. WC will put up some points.
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sioux » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:54 pm

triplebbb wrote:NewTown gave up 100+ to Trinity Christian and their defense is better than early this season? WC plays at NewTown tomorrow nite. WC will put up some points.

New Town always comes to play at home though..It will be a good game..New Town will play defense against watford being they want to beat them so bad
Sioux

Postby AAfootballfan » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:33 am

Sioux wrote:
triplebbb wrote:NewTown gave up 100+ to Trinity Christian and their defense is better than early this season? WC plays at NewTown tomorrow nite. WC will put up some points.

New Town always comes to play at home though..It will be a good game..New Town will play defense against watford being they want to beat them so bad

Watford will win by 10+ points easy!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ballin4life » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:28 am

I think it will be close through 2 or 3 quarters but i predict watford comes out by 10-15 in the end
ballin4life

Postby AAfootballfan » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:04 pm

ballin4life wrote:I think it will be close through 2 or 3 quarters but i predict watford comes out by 10-15 in the end

Watford City-68
New Town-65
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby KBFAN33 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:24 am

idk about watford, parshall should be able to beat them when they play. watford couldnt stop Jacy James from newtown tonight (even thought they lost) in the post so what makes you think they are going to stop youngbird and finley? plus watford almost lost to mandaree who parshall beat by 25, but we'll see what happens when they play...
KBFAN33
NDPreps Starter

Postby linksman » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:26 am

Trinity Christian 77
Divide County 61
Trinity Christian at Watford next week. These two teams match up very well.
linksman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AAfootballfan » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:29 am

KBFAN33 wrote:idk about watford, parshall should be able to beat them when they play. watford couldnt stop Jacy James from newtown tonight (even thought they lost) in the post so what makes you think they are going to stop youngbird and finley? plus watford almost lost to mandaree who parshall beat by 25, but we'll see what happens when they play...

Haha thats an amusing quote! Who is gonna handle the ball against Watford's full court pressure...you have to have more than 2 players and WC is 10 deep.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby KBFAN33 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:36 am

lol i dont think you kno to much about parshall but look at the players stats:

Finley: 22ppg
Youngbird: 22ppg
Goodbear: 15 ppg
Dean: 9 ppg
Hendrickson: 5ppg

and their bench is very strong to with chase and more so dont even say parshall only has 2 ppl that contribute to their team all of them do and they dont have a problem with full court pressure, they run it down very well you will see!
KBFAN33
NDPreps Starter

Postby AAfootballfan » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:40 am

KBFAN33 wrote:lol i dont think you kno to much about parshall but look at the players stats:

and their bench is very strong to with chase and more so dont even say parshall only has 2 ppl that contribute to their team all of them do and they dont have a problem with full court pressure, they run it down very well you will see!

Those point averages are very misleading my friend...if they get more than two people in double figures against WC i would be suprised. Goodbear has been scoring high against teams such as Garrison and other under ,500 teams
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby KBFAN33 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:45 am

AAfootballfan wrote:
KBFAN33 wrote:lol i dont think you kno to much about parshall but look at the players stats:

Those point averages are very misleading my friend...if they get more than two people in double figures against WC i would be suprised. Goodbear has been scoring high against teams such as Garrison and other under ,500 teams

lol ur funny man so you mena you were suprised tonight when Jacy James And Pat Wolf scored in double figures huh?? well shouldnt be to hard if they can score in double digits!
KBFAN33
NDPreps Starter

Postby greatest » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:10 pm

AAfootballfan is probably the most biased poster on this site . His beloved wolves can do absolutely no wrong - ok buddy , we know how you feel about watford and all , but just keep your absolutely biased opinions to yourself because your coming off as very ignorant . when all is said and done tho , watford is still undefeated , but not quite the easy choice to win the region as they were when the season began . this region is now a complete tossup , and the representative of region 8 in fargo will be the group that is playing the best basketball during march .
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys